Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Crankcase gasket sealant (Read 116 times)
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Crankcase gasket sealant
01/31/12 at 19:23:24

Does anyone know what kind of gasket sealant to use with the OEM right side crankcase gasket (11482-24B11)? I know it comes with some on it, but I smudged it up and need to replace about half an inch on each side, and I want to use the same kind, or something that will work better.. I can't find out what they put on the OEM gasket anywhere..  Angry

Especially since I'm about to throw some synthetic oil in it Cheesy

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Crankcase gasket sealant
Reply #1 - 01/31/12 at 19:25:53

You don't need any

WWW   IP Logged
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Reply #2 - 01/31/12 at 19:34:58

verslagen1 wrote on 01/31/12 at 19:25:53:
You don't need any

I do, I crappity smacked up the sealant on this part on both sides and broke a god darn bolt I'm so crappity smacking pissed off right now... crappity smack Harbor Freight

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #3 - 01/31/12 at 22:59:46

Built2last

I've had mine off at least 15 times  brobley more, playing with the clutch and timing chain.  The original gasket wasn't hard to beat !

Never did put another gasket on it and never will ... there is better.

You ever hear of UltraGray Form-a-gasket ?

Thin coat both sides and wait 12-15 minutes befor assembley.

Works everytime.

Never had a leak !

If you ever have the valve cover off , you will have to use it there ain't no gasket up there.   The bike shops each have there own brand but they are expensive.  I've tried the Yahama brand and it is a little tuffer that the autozone brand.   Its like a really tuff rubberband when it dries.   Try it , you'll like it too !    Smiley

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #4 - 02/01/12 at 03:52:06

No sealer needed on side cover gasket, but I used a little Permatex to hold top of gasket in place around the oblong passage shown. Yama bond 4 is about $12 a tube and works great where no gasket is needed, as stated. Also on head cover when doing cap plug job. The Suzuki shop boys recommended it.  Wink

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Reply #5 - 02/01/12 at 18:03:29

Got some Yamabond 4 it's gonna hafta do that job I don't care if I gotta do some scraping... can't be leaking oil like a raggedy scrub..  Cheesy

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #6 - 02/01/12 at 20:06:11

Yamaha form a gasket woin't leak just let it semi-set befor asemabley(10mins).   I usually use a soft wire brush on a dremel tool (and saftey glasses) to remove the sealer between off and on cycles.   I'm telling ya "after you see how good it works you'll quit using gaskets alltogether (except HEAD gasket).

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Reply #7 - 02/02/12 at 05:21:34

I'm gonna use it on the OEM gasket in place of the silicone stuff I smudged off.. so I'll still be using the paper material gasket...

IP Logged
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Reply #8 - 02/04/12 at 14:01:58

Just for reference, if you have to put new gasket seal on your crankcase gaskets the Yamabond 4 (Yamalube) stuff is almost identical to the sealant that comes on the gasket if you let it dry for a few hours.. so if you're in a bind and have to reuse a gasket just throw some of that stuff on and you're golden!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 22:27:37

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Crankcase gasket sealant

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.