Send Topic Print
So, Jardine owners... (Read 246 times)
Smokestack

The Devil made me do
it!

The Hammer, Canada
So, Jardine owners...
01/29/12 at 09:48:30

I've got a chance to pick up a "lightly used" Jardine slip-on for a pretty sweet price.  My question to all who own one of these cans;

How do ya like it?  Is it a pain to tune the bike after installation?

I know its supposed to be ridiculous loud, but I've also heard that they blue out pretty bad.  Is that true?

I'd also love to hear from anyone that has experience with the Jardine vs. any of the other direct-fit cans or systems, like the Trapp, Raask, MAC, etc...  how do they compare to each other?

Thanks, all.

Yup, I done some stuff......
  IP Logged
spacepirates
Serious Thumper

Igni Ferroque

Pittsburgh, PA
Re: So, Jardine owners...
Reply #1 - 01/29/12 at 15:27:10

I like my jardine, but it is all i've ever had on my bike (bought the bike used with it on).

tuning for me was an abnormal nightmare, but i don't think it was entirely due to the jardine. i had a burnt out head gasket that was causing more than a few problems.

mine blued so bad it looks like it came that way from the factory, a look i actually like. it blued most likely because of my aforementioned problem and i never kept it clean. it isn't horribly horribly loud. I can't exactly carry on a conversation with it running over idle, but my ears aren't ringing or bleeding after an hour on the bike (with a full face helmet on).

--
Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.
  IP Logged
weracerc
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Greensboro, NC
Reply #2 - 01/29/12 at 17:52:20

coming on 2yr 6K+ miles since i installled it - tad blue at the joint - hit it with "NeverDull" every other month along with all of the chrome - LOUD yes i dont get to hear it 2nd hand often - I did let a buddy ride it around the block a few weeks ago - sounded AWESOME running up thru the gears ...definitely cant sneak up on anyone with it - tuning - 1.75 turns CCW on the air/fuel mix screw - up a tad on the idle screw - 52.5 & 152 jets - some shift pops but not aweful - decel pops oh yeah cant get rid of them......i'd give it a 9.9 out of 10 overall

"GOD Was Busy, He Sent The Marines"
</div
  IP Logged
bikertrash

another bad example

Ogden, Illinois
Reply #3 - 01/29/12 at 19:48:46

I bought my bike with a Jardine exhaust on it--it was OBNOXIOUSLY loud Grin.  One of my buddies remarked that my bike sounded like an extremely loud air pump.  I told him, "it IS an extremely loud air pump."  

Can't tell you about tuning, since I did not install the pipe.

I am doing the Ryca conversion--don't know how the new pipe will compare yet.  We shall see.

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space.
  IP Logged
Dutchmen
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 02/07/12 at 13:48:13

The Jardine is loud, but the fit and finish is really good.

IP Logged
joeyzaza

1970 ski doo one
lung,1996 savage one
lung

worcester Ma.
Reply #5 - 02/25/12 at 07:03:33

I hate to bring back an old post but. I AM AT a similiar point. I have a jardine waiting to go on. I have the filter and have the jet kit. But cant do all the jeting etc yet.

If I put the Jardine on can I adjust the air ratio and idle without changing the filter and jets and have it run somewhat decent without obnoxious backfiring?

Is it possible? just for now?

1996 savage, Jardine slip on, k&n air filter, Lancer jet set, 155 main, 55 pilot, 2.5 turns mixture screw, Low profile chrome l.e.d turn signals, 12,000 miles and looks new!
  IP Logged
Retread

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 02/25/12 at 07:30:15

I quieted my Jardine down just a tad with a 1" washer, drilled with smaller holes and welded onto the exit of the baffle. It gets rid of that tinny sound, gives it a half a Harley sound... Cool  Running a 155, and 2 turns out on the air.. You can just pinch off your fuel line, drain the carb, and drop the bottom without pulling the carb off, change out your main and air from that point.. I bumped my main up to a 157, but it was too rich, went back to a 155, of course drilled the plug on the air for more adjustment.. Now I just get a pop as I change gears, cool sound, I'm also running a webcam..

Used to look like a Greek God, now I look like a darned Greek!
  IP Logged
Retread

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 02/25/12 at 08:39:15

IP Logged
joeyzaza

1970 ski doo one
lung,1996 savage one
lung

worcester Ma.
Reply #8 - 02/25/12 at 12:09:10

That sounds mint. Is that a stock jardine or with the welded in washer setup?

1996 savage, Jardine slip on, k&n air filter, Lancer jet set, 155 main, 55 pilot, 2.5 turns mixture screw, Low profile chrome l.e.d turn signals, 12,000 miles and looks new!
  IP Logged
Retread

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 02/25/12 at 13:28:23

Thats the welded washer setup..

IP Logged
joeyzaza

1970 ski doo one
lung,1996 savage one
lung

worcester Ma.
Reply #10 - 02/29/12 at 05:12:35

I put the jardine on and I love the sound. Its kinda funny because at first it reminded me of my 450 quad with a dg pipe being a single cylinder.lol But under load driving I like it. I might leave it open for now. I cant believe what a difference though. At least it sounds like a motorcycle now!!! I still have to tune the carb though. I just drove it a half a day easy to hear it. Now Ill get into the carb.

IP Logged
dinsdale

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Ottawa, Canada
Reply #11 - 02/29/12 at 10:27:09

I did this mod http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1311355746/8#8 and love the difference.
Not much quieter but WAY less raspy.
Didn't use a washer, used Sheet metal and a hole saw and tack welded it in place.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 16:18:11

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › So, Jardine owners...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.