Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
RYCA Decomp controller, s-stand relay/diode/switch (Read 451 times)
gsjet
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Colorado
Re: RYCA Decomp controller, s-stand relay/diode/sw
Reply #15 - 02/02/12 at 07:45:39

I think the sidestand switch should only affect the engine running when in gear.  If the sidestand is down and bike is put in gear, the engine dies.
It should not affect the started working if it is down or up, i.e jumpered or not.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #16 - 02/02/12 at 07:47:55

Tiny click is probably the side stand relay.

Is the bike in neutral?  Then the side stand position won't have any affect.

WWW   IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #17 - 02/02/12 at 11:49:07

verslagen1 wrote on 02/02/12 at 07:47:55:
Tiny click is probably the side stand relay.

Is the bike in neutral?  Then the side stand position won't have any affect.

gsjet wrote on 02/02/12 at 07:45:39:
I think the sidestand switch should only affect the engine running when in gear.  If the sidestand is down and bike is put in gear, the engine dies.
It should not affect the started working if it is down or up, i.e jumpered or not.

Ah!  I get it.  I shoulda known.  The sidestand switch has no effect on the starter operation, just on the ignition.  A stock bike will have the starter operate, but the bike won't start or run with the sidestand down and the transmission in gear.

The sidestand switch has been removed as per the RYCA conversion.

I'm going to remove the sidestand switch plug, and just connect those two wires together.

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #18 - 02/02/12 at 12:24:07

You could eliminate the relay as well, same method as decomp controller.

Hey a # is a #

WWW   IP Logged
palehorseman
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

highpoint nc
Reply #19 - 02/10/12 at 08:38:34

Hey guys I'm a new member trying to learn so excuse my ignorance, but isn't the decomp cylinoid necessary to start-up? and doesn't the decomp controller time delay the starter motor until after decomression? I ask with sincerity since I just went wild doing an entirely new harness from scratch--about 35 hrs worth of wiring.I'd hate to think I could have eliminated that too. By the way the side stand switch, relay and duel diode do eliminate alot. I know its not preferred here but my only start up saftey is my clutch. I use the neutral sw to an indicator light; however it doesn't break my start up path if its in gear or the stand is down.

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #20 - 02/10/12 at 12:53:58

palehorseman wrote on 02/10/12 at 08:38:34:
Hey guys I'm a new member trying to learn so excuse my ignorance, but isn't the decomp cylinoid necessary to start-up? and doesn't the decomp controller time delay the starter motor until after decomression? I ask with sincerity since I just went wild doing an entirely new harness from scratch--about 35 hrs worth of wiring.I'd hate to think I could have eliminated that too. By the way the side stand switch, relay and duel diode do eliminate alot. I know its not preferred here but my only start up saftey is my clutch. I use the neutral sw to an indicator light; however it doesn't break my start up path if its in gear or the stand is down.

If you manually lift the exhaust valve each time before you hit the starter button, you can remove all the decompression controller and solenoid stuff.

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #21 - 02/10/12 at 13:50:38

Kinda like they used to do for kick-starting singles back when.  If you didn't, it'd shove your knee into your armpit.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
palehorseman
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

highpoint nc
Reply #22 - 02/10/12 at 15:57:33

Ahh...i see. That crossed my mind but i didnt see it stated. I like this forum.  So what are you doing then? Cable and lever; or can you just pull that hard enough to open it? I tried to post some interesting pics of every control still in use enclosed in a small artillery box with the battery but cant figure it out. Pm me and ill Emil em if your interested.

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #23 - 02/11/12 at 05:48:45

Savage_Rob wrote on 02/10/12 at 13:50:38:
Kinda like they used to do for kick-starting singles back when.  If you didn't, it'd shove your knee into your armpit.

Zackly.  With bike, though, using an electric starter, if it kicks back while trying to start it, you might end up with a lot of loose and tiny pieces inside.

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #24 - 04/17/12 at 20:25:49

It all works now.  Got everything jumped properly, and the relays/diodes removed.

IP Logged
Yazman

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Ohio
Reply #25 - 09/26/22 at 12:16:20

Gyrobob wrote on 04/17/12 at 20:25:49:
It all works now.  Got everything jumped properly, and the relays/diodes removed.

Sorry to revive a super old thread, but I want to make sure I understand correctly:

I can jumper the yellow w/ green wire to the yellow w/ black wire on the decomp controller connector, and it will eliminate the decompression controller box, eliminate the kickstand safety, but keep the neutral safety in tact?

I have 5 wires on my rectifier, 6 on my decomp controller, and it's a 2011 if that matters.

2011 RYCA - 94mm flat top Wiseco, stage 3 cam, PWK38, open exhaust, UNI filter, 14/52 chain drive
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #26 - 09/26/22 at 14:35:23

Yazman wrote on 09/26/22 at 12:16:20:
Gyrobob wrote on 04/17/12 at 20:25:49:

Sorry to revive a super old thread, but I want to make sure I understand correctly:

I can jumper the yellow w/ green wire to the yellow w/ black wire on the decomp controller connector, and it will eliminate the decompression controller box, eliminate the kickstand safety, but keep the neutral safety in tact?

I have 5 wires on my rectifier, 6 on my decomp controller, and it's a 2011 if that matters.

Yes, but that doesn't have anything to do with the sidestand safety, just the decomp.

WWW   IP Logged
Yazman

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Ohio
Reply #27 - 09/26/22 at 15:24:12

So if I do the mod described above with the decomp connector and I jumper the kickstand safety wires (connect them so that the circuit is permanently closed), I will retain all the other safety features (e.g., NSS)? Doesn't a wire from the decomp controller go to the safety interlock? Or does current go from the safety interlock TO the decomp controller?

2011 RYCA - 94mm flat top Wiseco, stage 3 cam, PWK38, open exhaust, UNI filter, 14/52 chain drive
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #28 - 09/26/22 at 17:42:09

Yazman wrote on 09/26/22 at 15:24:12:
So if I do the mod described above with the decomp connector and I jumper the kickstand safety wires (connect them so that the circuit is permanently closed), I will retain all the other safety features (e.g., NSS)?

yes
Quote:
Doesn't a wire from the decomp controller go to the safety interlock? Or does current go from the safety interlock TO the decomp controller?

no
idk

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/06/24 at 03:27:01

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › RYCA Decomp controller, s-stand relay/diode/switch

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.