Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Inflation and what to do about it (Read 770 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Inflation and what to do about it
Reply #60 - 01/31/12 at 00:58:35

Savage_Rob wrote on 01/30/12 at 19:59:19:
That's because they measure inflation with food and energy excluded from the equation because they are considered too ”volatile”.  Anyone interested in truly measuring inflation's effects on the cost of living for real people would know that's wholly and completely buggered but these folks don't seem interested in a complete picture.

Ohhh, THEYRE interested in it, allrite, but they dont want YOU to see it.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #61 - 01/31/12 at 16:42:25

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 01/31/12 at 00:58:35:
That's because they measure inflation with food and energy excluded from the equation because they are considered too ”volatile”.  Anyone interested in truly measuring inflation's effects on the cost of living for real people would know that's wholly and completely buggered but these folks don't seem interested in a complete picture.

yep; it would make it too plain as to how inept they have been at actually controlling the insane costs of the Fed. gov't.
Over spending by the fed, and the resulting borrowed money to pay for  that over spending and associated interest costs, is the primary cause of inflation.

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #62 - 01/31/12 at 16:53:33

True   wars are to expensive we can't afford them.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #63 - 01/31/12 at 18:02:30

LANCER wrote on 01/31/12 at 16:42:25:
justin_o_guy2 wrote on 01/31/12 at 00:58:35:

yep; it would make it too plain as to how inept they have been at actually controlling the insane costs of the Fed. gov't.
Over spending by the fed, and the resulting borrowed money to pay for  that over spending and associated interest costs, is the primary cause of inflation.

It would be inept if & ONly IF controlling the economy in such a manner as to offer the people a chance at a decent life & comfortable future. That, however, was never part of the plan. The very manner in which the Fed is designed makes it impossible for that to ever happen. Where we are in in a situation that was inevitable from the start, hastened by criminal elements using our military to accomplish the wants & needs of a global elite.
Honestly,, how have any of US benefited by these wars? YOu Havent? REally? Well,, Me NEETHEr Hoss! BUt Look at who HAS..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Drifter

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #64 - 02/01/12 at 06:24:23

bill67, Justin,  +1  Time to start nation building...right here at home!

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #65 - 02/01/12 at 19:55:51

Heaping blame on the politicians and bureaucrats is wasted effort -- what are YOU going to do about it to protect your family RIGHT NOW?

We are past arguing and blaming, we are at the doing point.

What are you going to DO?    

What actions are you going to TAKE?

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #66 - 02/01/12 at 21:46:19

Survivalists suggest having food for a year.. I dont see that as possible for most fo9lks., but enough to stay alive a few months isnt too much for most ,, a 25 pound bag of beans isnt much, rice isnt too much, stuff for making cornbread,, ehh, not fancy, but itll keep the cobwebs off yer butthole,

Extra ignition mod=ule for the car/bike/generator.,.
Generator should run on propane,

Stash spare iggy parts in a safe place to keep an EMP from blowing them up. Shield anything you can, Look up Faraday cage

Water,, gotsta ta have Wattah!

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #67 - 02/02/12 at 08:32:00

If it is a nuke, hopefully I'm close enough to a military base not to worry about driving around afterwards.

WWW   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #68 - 02/02/12 at 08:55:23

Justin, you are mixing up on your doomsday scenarios a little bit.  

And Verslagen is flippin' nukes at us now.    (nukes, I don't worry about -- I live right next door to Fort Bragg and am well inside the primary blast radius)

This one is about severe inflation based on diluted money leading to a devaluation of the dollar internationally, with the dollar no longer being the international monetary exchange medium.

It is about $6-$10 a gallon gas and $4 loaves of loaf bread.   And how are the baby boomers gonna do that on their SS checks?

Hey, bread is over a dollar a loaf already and gas is 1/3 of the way there and that is just in the last year.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #69 - 02/02/12 at 09:16:35

verslagen1 wrote on 02/02/12 at 08:32:00:
If it is a nuke, hopefully I'm close enough to a military base not to worry about driving around afterwards.

If it's nukes just put me close to ground zero...  I guess that's about what you were saying, and I agree.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #70 - 02/02/12 at 14:23:23

Savage_Rob wrote on 02/02/12 at 09:16:35:
verslagen1 wrote on 02/02/12 at 08:32:00:

If it's nukes just put me close to ground zero...  I guess that's about what you were saying, and I agree.

Aw, c'mon. I kinda want to trick my Saturn out Mad Max style! Cheesy

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #71 - 02/02/12 at 17:34:30

In June 2008 the gasoline price hit its highest ever, over $4.00 a gallon.Does anyone remember who was the president then.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #72 - 02/02/12 at 18:16:07

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 02/02/12 at 08:55:23:

Justin, you are mixing up on your doomsday scenarios a little bit.  

And Verslagen is flippin' nukes at us now.    (nukes, I don't worry about -- I live right next door to Fort Bragg and am well inside the primary blast radius)

Naaah, Im just a few months on down the road from you,,
You see, when the prices go too high & people cant afford what they need, the morons will try to cap prices, which will mean the producers wont make enough to produce & ship, shortages will follow, accompanied by riots & people going bonkers, taking what they need by force, martial law will follow that. If you can hole up in your house & survive a while,the competition for food & everything else will literally DIE down, Then those little pieces of gold & silver & lead mite just keep you alive,& out of a fema camp,.

This one is about severe inflation based on diluted money leading to a devaluation of the dollar internationally, with the dollar no longer being the international monetary exchange medium.

It is about $6-$10 a gallon gas and $4 loaves of loaf bread.   And how are the baby boomers gonna do that on their SS checks?

Hey, bread is over a dollar a loaf already and gas is 1/3 of the way there and that is just in the last year.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 22:23:13

General CategoryThe Cafe › Inflation and what to do about it

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.