Send Topic Print
My latest Suzuki (Read 323 times)
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Re: My latest Suzuki
Reply #15 - 01/11/12 at 20:07:36

arteacher, I agree about not "cheaping out" on the winch. However babyhog is a savvy girl who has good skills. I recommend stuff sometimes including price and my experience with said stuff, if any. The Harbor Freight winch was highlighted in my monthly catalog and had an endorsement by some 4 wheeler magazine. I think they like it for a low price winch. It's up to her to decide, as always.  Smiley

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
bikertrash

another bad example

Ogden, Illinois
Reply #16 - 01/11/12 at 20:34:59

Painted with bedliner--outstanding.  Reminds me of being in college and helping my buddy paint his '55 ford pick-up with a can of white latex house paint and a couple of rollers after consuming most of a 12 pack of budweisers .  . .

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #17 - 01/12/12 at 06:10:45

I trust the decision to paint that poor truck had been made prior to the beer drinking.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #18 - 01/12/12 at 18:29:51

Boof, we actually looked hard at the winches at HF.  Ended up being the brother-in-law's birthday and they bought him one for his rhino so we held off (check his out before spending our money lol)  Turns out my husband was fairly impressed with it.  They didnt buy the smallest cheapest one, I think they went with the 3000# one, hubby was wanting the 5-6000# one.  But I also work for a distributor of a big brand (Mile Marker) so I might end up getting one thru work. He also spotted one at Tractor Supply that we want to investigate further.  So I'll let ya know where we end up.

We got that little jewel for $1200!  Looked at a few in the $2-3000 range that were much worse overall, so we snatched this one.  I'm in the process of making a panel with vinyl window and a tonneau cover.  Will post some pics when I get them uploaded. Had to order some fasteners which should be in tomorrow.

I do like the bedliner paint, but we are also considering adding a little camo
. Whatcha think?

*edit -forgot to say it's the 1.3 liter 4 cylinder.  I'm not sure about 3 cylinder models.

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #19 - 01/12/12 at 20:17:46

bh, for those who are interested (or not) I looked up the history of Suzuki cars, They made a hatchback with the three cyl in it called the Sprint. Then came the Swift. Suzukis were made all over the world. Yours may have been made in Canada. Or Japan, or Korea, or about five other countries. The tip over controversy was brought on when Cosumer Reports, I believe, allegedly rigged a test to cause the Samauri to be easier to tip. Of course, being narrow like the jeeps, they are not as stable as a wider car. And horsepower ranged from 60 to 120 as years went by. $1200 is a steal. But you know that. Enjoy.

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #20 - 01/13/12 at 08:23:24

Here's my little back panel.  Its not secured because I was just marking where to put the velcro.  The tonneau will fasten right about where the bottom of those side flaps are.  The flaps on the side wrap around the roll bars and will velcro tight.  The flap on top goes all the way across and will either velcro or snap.  Not sure which way I'm going with that yet.  It fits tight between the roll bar and the roof frame anyway.  

And I'm not going for "air-tight" or to totally seal out the weather.  Just something to help keep in the heat on cold days.  

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #21 - 01/13/12 at 08:28:48

I just get all excited when I see someone do something like thaT..Thats solving problems AND savin $$$$ doin it..
What kinda sewin machine do you have?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #22 - 01/13/12 at 08:47:47

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 01/13/12 at 08:28:48:
I just get all excited when I see someone do something like thaT..Thats solving problems AND savin $$$$ doin it..
What kinda sewin machine do you have?

Smiley  Thanks!  Definitely saving money.  Those little boogers are expensive.  A few good looks at them and I said "I can make that!"

I had a "Montgomery Ward" branded machine made by Brother for over 20 years.  Cheap and I got alot of miles out of it.  About 2 or 3 years ago, I bought a new Singer Athena for about $300.  Its not a high dollar machine, but I've been pleased enough with it.  (My mother sews all the time and has a $5,000 Bernina!... ouch!)  

IP Logged
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Reply #23 - 01/13/12 at 08:57:29

Babyhog, you should go ahead and try to get it sealed since you've come that far.. my girlfriend has a rag top VW that leaks water and won't keep heat or AC in and it's awful windy when driving down the freeway Cheesy

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #24 - 01/13/12 at 12:44:27

I do a little sewing myself, mostly to make bags for my camera stuff, out of leather and canvas. I found an older White machine in the garbage, cleaned it up, and made a base for it. It is a very simple machine dating from the '50s I think, but will sew 4 thicknesses of canvas easily.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #25 - 02/16/12 at 16:57:15

Well, I finally got around to making the tonneau cover for my Samurai.  I think it turned out pretty good.  Regular snaps down the sides (original snap hardware on the vehicle) and "lift-the-dot" fasteners on the tailgate.  I sewed a sleeve and slid in a curtain rod that rests against the roll bar on each side to keep it taut.  I haven't fastened the 2 pieces together, debating how to best accomplish that.  Maybe 2 seperate rods or maybe alternating tabs on each piece, weaving the rod through both, or maybe just velcro them together...  Velcro sounds the easiest...

Oh, and my poor little S40 is under the tarp in the background...  Sad

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #26 - 02/17/12 at 10:30:40

Piglet, If I was trying to close that off Id make a strip that went where I wanted it & then slap velcro on it,

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 10:29:59

General CategoryThe Cafe › My latest Suzuki

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.