Send Topic Print
Friend down. Twice! (Read 57 times)
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Friend down. Twice!
01/05/12 at 17:58:15

I have a friend who started back riding last summer. He had a couple of very nice Shadows but wanted a VTX1300. He found one that was perfect except it had hit a deer. A cracked fender, headlight, and one signal made it perfect. Saw him in WalMart, and he said he had dropped it at at an intersection just rolling to a stop. Embarrassed but not hurt. Slightly bent crash bars. (Proof that the good ones are some help) Ok, he left me and went up to the highway behind WM and was run over by a lady looking back and driving forward at a "Yield" sign. We are in a small town, so he knew his assailant. She was scared to death he was hurt, but he just rolled about three times on the gravel by the pavement. She knew she was at fault. The law is clear on rear ending people. Local State Farm not cooperating, so I told him to just take it to our bike shop and tell them they will be receiving a bill. Haven't talked to him lately, but I get the feeling that State Farm is going Man Up and do what is right. He is a good rider who takes everthing slow and by the book. I have cautioned him about staying to long in intersections. Just because you're sitting still minding your business doesn't mean you're safe. Still not his fault, but he is very fortunate.

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Friend down. Twice!
Reply #1 - 01/05/12 at 18:40:43

Your friend's name is tigger?

WWW   IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Friend down. Twice!
Reply #2 - 01/06/12 at 06:36:11

Trouble comes in threes...  Stay frosty...
Maybe the deer counts... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/02/24 at 15:24:48

General CategoryThe Cafe › Friend down. Twice!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.