Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Metzeler ME880 on the way! (Read 94 times)
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Metzeler ME880 on the way!
01/04/12 at 21:18:41

Wife surprised me at Christmas with $200 to be spent on a Metzeler only. Ain't that a hoot. It seems that besides griping on here for a couple of months about tire prices, I must have been whining at home, too. Walked into my mc shop nearby and handed Steven a quote from Mororcycle Superstore for $147 with free shipping. I told him I had cash and WOULD DEFINITELY buy a tire from him today cause he's local and could he get close.  His computer price showed about a dollar cheaper. He said he would always go lower than a competetor and sold me a 140/80-15 ME 880 for $137.99. The Metzeler tube with 90 degree valve stem was marked $27.95. He sold it to me for $22.86.
Tire is ordered and total with tax is $172.11. I have a Metz ME880 on front, also. Since I have ridden 11,000 miles since March 10, 2010 I hope to get plenty of use out of my new tire. I am also checking on a new Full Bore brand tire he showed me with the same tread as the Metz. I'll get back to ya'll when I learn more about them. May be another alternative to the brands we have been using. Anybody ever run them? That's my good news for the week. Alot of money for a dogged mc tire...I guarantee it'll have the air checked often--not just a kick like I been doing.  Smiley

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
Southpaw
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

This ol' dog ain't
staying on the
porch!

Missouri
Re: Metzeler ME880 on the way!
Reply #1 - 01/04/12 at 22:01:31

Boofer wrote on 01/04/12 at 21:18:41:
lot of money for a dogged mc tire...I guarantee it'll have the air checked often--not just a kick like I been doing.  Smiley

Ya know they're more expensive 'cause they gotta hold that premium "motorcycle only" air they install them with...right? Roll Eyes

I love my metzler rear tire I put on last year and think you'll like them a lot! Pretty cool present. The wife must be planning on keepin' ya awhile.  Wink

2004 Savage. Happiness isn't around the corner, its IN the corners!....I gotta question the integrity of any organization that would have the likes of me as a member...Groucho Marx
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #2 - 01/04/12 at 22:09:08

Well I spent $105 last year for my Dunlop branded D401 rear tire and $120 this year for a Metz.

Concidering that I did better with the D401 then I usually do with 2 D404's, I'm happy with it, but decided why not go whole hog this year.

WWW   IP Logged
SuperSavage

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 01/04/12 at 23:54:27

I have Metzeler 880's on my Vulcan and they are one smooth riding, sticky tire. I will be getting them for my s40 when the IRC's wear out. Great choice!

IP Logged
gerald.hughes
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

FSO

Tucson, Az
Reply #4 - 01/05/12 at 04:29:17

I always ran Dunlaps on  the Flea Flicker, but last Spring, I put on a pair of  880s.  These are great handling and riding tires, but because of the stiffer side walls, you needs to keep them at the recommended 40 psi, which is about 5 pounds more than I carried in the Dunlaps.  I am coming up on 10,000 miles on these tires, and they look like they were just put on.  They are more expensive initially than the Dunlaps, but, handling and everything else aside, they are well worth the price when you consider the mileage you get.  Also, it is nice to only have to change tires once a year.

IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #5 - 01/05/12 at 06:19:01

get a new rim liner while your at it..

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Reply #6 - 01/05/12 at 14:30:47

Requesting pics with both ME 880's installed please...  Cheesy

IP Logged
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Reply #7 - 01/29/12 at 15:33:42

Well did you get the tires yet?

IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #8 - 01/29/12 at 17:42:32

See the post, "used shovel to put on new tire".  Grin

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 08:23:30

General CategoryThe Cafe › Metzeler ME880 on the way!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.