Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
1" open ended cafe grips? (Read 103 times)
ezornes239

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

1" open ended cafe grips?
01/02/12 at 20:06:32

Anyone have any suggestions? I need these before I can put on my bar end turnsignals. I can't seem to find anything outside of 7/8".

IP Logged
teabowl13
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: 1" open ended cafe grips?
Reply #1 - 01/03/12 at 03:32:37

I got these on Fleabay...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/British-Triumph-BSA-Gran-Turismo-Style-Grips-1-/19062...

They are simple, old fashioned and cheap. They don't come open-ended; I've never seen any that do, but you could easily cut the ends open with an exacto knife...

IP Logged
sbaugz
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 01/03/12 at 06:05:53

ezornes239 wrote on 01/02/12 at 20:06:32:
Anyone have any suggestions? I need these before I can put on my bar end turnsignals. I can't seem to find anything outside of 7/8".

I put these on my RYCA with bar ends. Just cut the hole bigger.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Coke-Pop-Bottle-Grips-Rubber-Vintage-Look-Harle...

IP Logged
sbaugz
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 01/03/12 at 06:07:11

teabowl13 wrote on 01/03/12 at 03:32:37:

Its always funny and interesting to me when people post "fleabay", which is not a flattering term, yet they are clearly using their services.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #4 - 01/03/12 at 07:39:52

Got an exacto-knife?... I just cut the ends off my vintage grips...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Reply #5 - 01/03/12 at 07:46:51

sbaugz wrote on 01/03/12 at 06:07:11:

Its always funny and interesting to me when people post "fleabay", which is not a flattering term, yet they are clearly using their services.

So I guess when someone says they're going to the flea market that bothers you too?

It'd bothers me more if someone says they're going to Walmart..

IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Reply #6 - 01/03/12 at 08:24:11

Built2Last wrote on 01/03/12 at 07:46:51:

So I guess when someone says they're going to the flea market that bothers you too?

I've used eBay for many of my purchases for this bike...much bigger selection that I have at hand otherwise.

Funny about the Fleabay...we actually have a 2nd hand store in my town named Fleabay that's like a year round indoor garage sale  Cheesy

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
sbaugz
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 01/03/12 at 08:30:23

Built2Last wrote on 01/03/12 at 07:46:51:

It's not that it bothers me, I just think its ironic that people use the term fleabay (which has negative connotations) yet say they shop there in the same sentence. That's all I meant.

IP Logged
dasch
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 01/03/12 at 08:31:37

I take "fleabay" exactly as the "fleamarket". Nothing necessarily bad about the term. Anyhow, my grips were closed, I cut them off to install bar end signals. Make sure you get a very sharp knife for straight and clean cut.

IP Logged
sbaugz
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 01/03/12 at 09:03:25

dasch wrote on 01/03/12 at 08:31:37:
I take "fleabay" exactly as the "fleamarket". Nothing necessarily bad about the term. Anyhow, my grips were closed, I cut them off to install bar end signals. Make sure you get a very sharp knife for straight and clean cut.

fair enough.
Getting back to the topic at hand, I did the same thing- use a sharp blade and cut out the opening to size. The way those bar end mirrors are designed, it will hide an imperfect cut anyways.

IP Logged
teabowl13
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 01/03/12 at 11:03:19

heh... heh... I just done sed it that-a way cuz it sounded funny... Get it? FLEA-bay? Funny huh? Grin

Didn't mean to start a fire here... but yeah; living in a semi-isolated state like Maine, there are very few sources for parts near me, and the ones that are are often super expensive, even if I'm not paying for shipping.

That being said, it is what it is; a giant online fleamarket. There are great finds and bargains to be had sometimes, but there's a lot of junk to sort through, and you gotta know what you're getting, or at least know who to ask the right questions to keep from getting burned. I've had a lot more good experiences than bad, but I've had enough bad ones to be cautious; that's all.

Ezornes239: Basically, just about any soft grip you want will work, but you need to cut the end open. Super easy to do... with or without Fleabay! Cheers!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 14:33:11

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › 1" open ended cafe grips?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.