Jingle in my head (Read 404 times)
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Re: Jingle in my head
Reply #30 - 01/08/12 at 13:56:01

Valves don't make a jingle sound, they make a tapping sound. The looser they are the louder the tapping. I can't think of anything in the head that would"jingle" and still have the engine running well. I would be willing to bet real money (but not much) that you have a loose or broken bolt that has backed off enough to let the washer underneath "jingle". Quite possibly one of the bolts that hold the chromed engine covers on. Or maybe something has fallen in on top of the plug, or somewhere else on top of the motor. Maybe something is loose on your compression release.
I just don't think you should try to fix something in the head if it doesn't need it. One of the many pearls of wisdom that my grandad used to say was "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
The knowledgeable people on this site (Verslagen, Lancer, Oldfeller, amoung many outhers) have collectively forgotten more stuff about this bike than ANY mechanic has ever learned. Listen to them. Wink

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #31 - 01/08/12 at 15:55:10

I just thought of something else.... could it be your keys rattling in the ignition? Wink

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Reply #32 - 01/08/12 at 16:05:55

aha the keys in the ignition have jingled before and threw me off for a few miles..

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #33 - 01/09/12 at 03:56:19

Yep, learned enough over the years here on the list not to engage in a "guessing game", especially when no additional information has been offered by Built2last and no additional work has been done by him to refine his situation.

He's taken it to a mechanic -- and the man has spoken, he has a mystery noise not involved with valves.

If the mechanic was for real he also looked at the decompression solenoid adjustment, which is part of a valve tune up.   All the false cover bolts and little rubber bits were covered by this professional assessment process, so he has no lose screws, missing rubber spacers, screws/washers/nuts nor misplaced aluminium cover pieces.

So, Built2last is all done for the rest of his recommended 8,000 mile valve train service program as recommended by his mechanic.

He has a small mystery noise to live with (until it gets more defined and reveals itself by other symptoms)

Jingle Bells, shotgun shells, Rudolf's on the way .....

Wink

check out Built2last's last 25 posts under "click on his name", informational reading .....

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Reply #34 - 01/09/12 at 06:42:18

I just asked the mechanic to listen to it while I was picking up a new helmet...

I just posted asking in case it was a already known problem (like the cam chain tension-er and petcock issues).. I don't have room to take my engine apart and search for the problem... especially by myself having no engine experience...  :'(

Anyways, it doesn't get louder if you rev the bike and you can only hear it while it's idling... sounds like a slightly loose chain occasionally tinking a guide or something... so I'm gonna have to overlook it for now.

I've seen plenty of run down bikes because of owner neglect or simple fixes that the owner didn't pay attention to, and I don't plan on letting that happen to my bike...

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 01/09/12 at 03:56:19:

Yep, learned enough over the years here on the list not to engage in a "guessing game", especially when no additional information has been offered by Built2last and no additional work has been done by him to refine his situation.
check out Built2last's last 25 posts under "click on his name", informational reading .....

Why are you engaging in "listen to this noise" then and what does this mean?

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #35 - 01/09/12 at 07:45:35

The last time I requested assistance with a performance issue I got some advice. I did what was suggested, which didn't resolve the problem, and asked for the next thing to look at. I did what was suggested and found the problem.
My point is... I listened to what they said, followed their advice, and found the problem.
Took 7 posts, including mine.
You seem unwilling to listen to advice, and defend your position with no support.
Case in point: After asking me to explain how to install the Raask, which I did in great detail, you take it to a mechanic and he screws it up,(I suggested you find another mechanic, because the Raask installation is a no brainer, so easy, in fact that I actually doubted that you took it to a mechanic,) and you come back to me to help you fix it, which I did, complete with a picture. You didn't listen the first time.
And you tend to embellish a bit, I think. You implied that a mechanic had actually investigated the problem, instead of " asking a mechanic to listen to it while I was picking up a new helmet".
"I just posted asking in case it was a already known problem (like the cam chain tension-er and petcock issues).. I don't have room to take my engine apart and search for the problem... especially by myself having no engine experience...  :'("
You changed the tensioner, so you have room and experience. If it's a loose chain, then you didn't do the tensioner properly.
It's getting to the point, with all your inconsistencies, that it is hard to take you seriously.

IP Logged
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Reply #36 - 01/09/12 at 07:57:46

Arteacher this was a Suzuki dealership mechanic...

If it's not a known issue just forget I even asked... I shouldn't consider advice from people that can't comprehend what I'm saying...  noise's on the inside of the engine = loose screw on the taillight Smiley

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #37 - 01/09/12 at 08:02:29

Definitely a loose screw somewhere Grin Grin Grin
And dealer mechanics are not gods either...I have had to correct the local dealer a couple of times (improper belt tension after a tire installation, and incorrect carb adjustment to reduce backfire when I first bought it.)

IP Logged
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Reply #38 - 01/09/12 at 08:04:30

I was being sarcastic about the taillight..

Thanks for the help and the "advice" none the less though.. Cheesy

I have a stethoscope and I will doctor this myself.. schematic in hand... once it stops raining...

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #39 - 01/09/12 at 08:09:55

Built2Last wrote on 01/09/12 at 07:57:46:
Arteacher this was a Suzuki dealership mechanic...

If it's not a known issue just forget I even asked... I shouldn't consider advice from people that can't comprehend what I'm saying...  noise's on the inside of the engine = loose screw on the taillight Smiley

Sounds pretty snarky to me.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #40 - 01/09/12 at 08:23:05

The "Gaawds" of the dealership mechanic shops have been so good as to install oil filters backwards.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Reply #41 - 01/09/12 at 08:29:50

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 01/09/12 at 08:23:05:
The "Gaawds" of the dealership mechanic shops have been so good as to install oil filters backwards.

That's exactly why I want to be able to fix any problems myself... and ask a metric ton of questions... I see what ya did there in the other thread...

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #42 - 01/10/12 at 11:14:41

Built2Last wrote on 01/09/12 at 08:29:50:
justin_o_guy2 wrote on 01/09/12 at 08:23:05:

That's exactly why I want to be able to fix any problems myself... and ask a metric ton of questions... I see what ya did there in the other thread...

What? What did I do? I mita messed somethin UP..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #43 - 01/10/12 at 11:19:21

Sometimes,... I get that, "I am stuck on Band-aids, 'cause Band-aids stuck on me" jingle stuck in my head... other times,... it's the "Bologna" song...
"My Bologna has a first name, it's O S C A R... my bologna has a second name"...
Anyway,... best way to get rid of them, is loud punk rock... Wink...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Reply #44 - 01/10/12 at 12:36:42

That Oscar Meyer song is a known issue for sure...

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 04:31:21

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Jingle in my head

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.