Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print
Voodoo Vintage: Micah Spicer's SHORT CHOP! (Read 1676 times)
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Re: Voodoo Vintage: Micah Spicer's SHORT CHOP!
Reply #15 - 12/26/11 at 15:37:25

RidgeRunner13 wrote on 12/26/11 at 11:16:33:
Now if you still think you can plan for the car or child that runs out in front of you, keep dreaming.

Parents should teach their kids not to run out into the street Sad

IP Logged
RidgeRunner13
Serious Thumper

haulin' the
groceries!

Mustang Island, Texas
Reply #16 - 12/26/11 at 17:25:29

Well, Built, that is something we can agree on. But you might want to consider this. I live on a long, narrow barrier island. There are people who have lived here for years that will tell you there are no deer here. I know there were from dirt riding years ago when I found the tracks, but until about 3 weeks ago I hadn't seen one in 15 years. I was on my way to my bank when I ran up on this fresh roadkill about 10 miles from my house. He would have been a 10 pointer but was completely missing an antler.

I have a friend who spent a month in the hospital & came home in a wheelchair when all the brakes his Road King had couldn't slow in time.

Sometimes your number comes up & there is nothing you can do.
But why would you skew the odds to be more against you than they already are?  Cool

Wind me up & watch me run, I ain't never had too much fun!
  IP Logged
Bubba
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Denver, CO
Reply #17 - 12/27/11 at 07:28:27

I think the bike is da bomb...would I ride it...probably around the block... maybe he created it as a show bike. I know there would be lots of attention. I've seen lots of custom bikes that certainly didn't look safe...would I ride them...probably around the block. Would I ride them to work...probably not.

'06 lt Blue, Dyna Power pipe, air screw 2 1/4 turns, 52.5 pilot w/ bleed holes, 150 Main, 2/3 spacer, Pirelli MT66 tires, Raptor petcock, 412-4006 Progressive shocks
  IP Logged
teabowl13
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 12/27/11 at 10:44:13

Built2Last wrote on 12/26/11 at 15:37:25:
RidgeRunner13 wrote on 12/26/11 at 11:16:33:
Now if you still think you can plan for the car or child that runs out in front of you, keep dreaming.

Parents should teach their kids not to run out into the street Sad

Maybe your parents should have taught you that riding without a front brake is homicidal? Maybe they tried? I don't know...
I do know that no matter what any parent says to their kid, it doesn't always happen.
I also know you're human... and when you're the one who runs down that kid in the street, nothing in the world is going to keep you from feeling responsible for it; front brakes or not. You'll see that kids face in your dreams for the rest of your days...

Yeah, that's a VERY cool looking bike; that part I can definitely appreciate. Take some good pictures for the magazines, and don't ride it through my neighborhood, please.

IP Logged
voodoo

Hang on to the
Vintage!

Austin, Texas
Reply #19 - 12/27/11 at 10:47:17

Hi guys!  Just wanted to chine in here...

All joking aside, I would never recommend running without front brakes to anyone!  If someone should decide to do so, it is obviously at their own risk and liability.  Each person has their own reason to build a custom.  Some guys like to stare at it...  Some guys build it specifically to drive down the block to the local Starbucks and get phone numbers...  And some guys build as a daily driver.  Each one is different and valid in their own direction and I would never condone or condemn ANY of my customers for what they chose to ultimately roll out of their garage.

Having said that... I fabricate and sell quality built components, and for the strict reason of liability, have never or will never build a complete "motor vehicle"!

It's funny that I've posted this same customer's project on FOUR different web sites including Harley XL Forum, XS650, XS400, and Jockey Journal with super responses (none having to do with liability or safety issues).  This was meant to be a "light" thread spotlighting a customer's creativity and ingenuity.

It's funny that the only forum that has went awry with this thread is the forum of the build's namesake!  Even the Harley guys love this dude's build and a lot of people are realizing that more can be done to the stock LS650/S40 than just installing different handlebars and a Sportster exhaust!

Believe me...  Everyone's concern over safety has been taken into consideration a LONG LONG time before Voodoo Vintage even existed.  I've been in traction myself but I gotta tell you...  If anyone were to put a percentage on motorcycle accidents and dumb-ass motorcycle operators, I'm afraid the number would be high!  God knows it was in my case!!!

Anyway...  Plenty of threads out there concerning safety.  This one is about Color, Shape, Style, and Stance!  I truly expected more comments like "BAD ASS GAS TANK!".

Anyway...  Enjoy and be safe!!!

Now Offering Custom CNC Plasma Service!
http://www.voodoovintage.com
WWW   IP Logged
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Reply #20 - 12/27/11 at 11:14:29

voodoo wrote on 12/27/11 at 10:47:17:

You forgot to mention that sell front brakes too...

IP Logged
voodoo

Hang on to the
Vintage!

Austin, Texas
Reply #21 - 12/27/11 at 12:21:12

Built2Last wrote on 12/27/11 at 11:14:29:
voodoo wrote on 12/27/11 at 10:47:17:

You forgot to mention that sell front brakes too...

http://www.voodoovintage.com/images/moto/parts/parts_brakes_front_01.png

Ha haaa!  That's right my friend!!!  Grin

WWW   IP Logged
Wake51

Murphy's Law

St. Louis
Reply #22 - 12/27/11 at 12:54:15

I literally said WOW when I opened the page, crazy what wrenchers are capable of turning the Savage in to! The simple little thumper really lends itself nicely to getting 'cleaned up'

IP Logged
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Reply #23 - 12/27/11 at 13:05:47

teabowl13 wrote on 12/27/11 at 10:44:13:
Maybe your parents should have taught you that riding without a front brake is homicidal? Maybe they tried? I don't know...

Well first of all I'm not Micah and that's not my bike, second of all my sickle does have a front brake, and third of all my parents did teach me not ta run into the street...

Or did you mean suicidal...?

Just being alive is hazardous to your health  Cheesy

Back to the topic on hand Micah's sickle is still pretty pretty  Wink

IP Logged
teabowl13
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #24 - 12/28/11 at 08:10:31

Built2Last wrote on 12/27/11 at 13:05:47:
...and third of all my parents did teach me not ta run into the street...

Back to the topic on hand...

Built; I realized shortly after I posted this that I went way too far. I owe you an apology. I'm a new dad, and your comment struck me in a personal way that I know it wasn't meant to. It stung me, and I stung back. I am sorry.

A lot of work went into this build, and it shows. It is beautiful, as a work of art, and I agree with VOODOO; there are a hundred types of motorcycles; each one has its purpose, and each has its limitations. No motorcycle is perfect, but for what it is meant to be; this one's pretty darned close...

IP Logged
dasch
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #25 - 12/28/11 at 10:23:31

I was going to say... few are going too far with comments. It's a great looking bike. Whether we would ride it or not - our opinnion. I would definitelly love to own it for no other reason but the looks! Pst... I'd ride it too, but not too far.

IP Logged
voodoo

Hang on to the
Vintage!

Austin, Texas
Reply #26 - 12/28/11 at 10:47:24

I'd just call it a little "bar hopper".  But in Europe, everyone meets up at the cafe's.  So I guess it could be called a "cafe' hopper".  But, then again...  It is a "bobber".  I'm so confused...

HEY- I GOT IT!  We have a new classification of bike here!   Shocked  CAFE' BOBBER HOPPER!!!

WWW   IP Logged
Arnold
Serious Thumper

The dude abides...

Westchester, NY
Reply #27 - 12/28/11 at 10:53:46

Whatever you call it, I call it kick ass.

IP Logged
Scott_H

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Escondido, CA
Reply #28 - 12/28/11 at 12:34:50

I like it a lot!  There are a couple things i might change but overall it kicks ass.

IP Logged
dasch
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #29 - 12/28/11 at 23:42:49

No way you legalize this in Europe though. Brakes on both wheels - required. Hydraulic brakes on both or at least front wheel - required, depends on the country. White headlight - required... Turn signals - required... there's probably a few more  Grin Grin

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 02:30:00

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Voodoo Vintage: Micah Spicer's SHORT CHOP!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.