Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Easy Rider... (Read 231 times)
Wake51

Murphy's Law

St. Louis
Easy Rider...
12/23/11 at 01:30:16

So a few beers and some win in.... I've got the urge to ask.

How does the community feel about this film?

I haven't seen it yet... I feel it will be an iconic experience much as The Big Lebowski was.

Here's a teaser....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLkmbLoaORU

So now as a lead in to my REAL question...

...what oil is best?  Wink

Happy Holidays.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Easy Rider...
Reply #1 - 12/23/11 at 08:18:08

It's an iconic, classic...   it's also plotless, crap...
A must see, that you'll wish you didn't... Grin...

Take lots of drugs before watching,... it won't help the movie, but at least you'll get high... Huh...

After that disappointment,... try "Electra-glide in Blue"...  
Much better film, from the same era, with a similar sensibility, only better done...
It contains a dozen classic scenes that have been imitated by dozens of filmmakers since... (Big Chill,  Private Benjamin, Risky Business,... many more)..
Wink...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
gerald.hughes
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

FSO

Tucson, Az
Reply #2 - 12/23/11 at 10:28:15

Wath Easy Rider if you want a movie with a happy ending (Sort of like Chinatown.)  Otherwise, I totally agree with Serowbot.  Electroglide in Blue is a much better movie, kind of like Thunder Road for all you NASCAR fans.

« Last Edit: 12/23/11 at 12:02:23 by gerald.hughes »  
  IP Logged
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Reply #3 - 12/23/11 at 11:30:56

Serowbot wrote on 12/23/11 at 08:18:08:
Take lots of drugs before watching,... it won't help the movie, but at least you'll get high... Huh...

Also repeat this step when watching any Gangland episodes with MCs (get nuts faced drunk when watching gangbangers), or the season 4 finale of Sons of Anarchy...

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #4 - 12/23/11 at 18:36:10

Queasy Rider is more accurate. Seen it sober, seen it blitzed out. Pretty much a stinker either way.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
MulletViper

Professional
Rivethead

Reply #5 - 12/26/11 at 13:27:52

I enjoyed The Big Lebowski a lot. Contrary to most people here, I also enjoyed Easy Rider a lot. Tons of good music and an awesome ending. If you like cars as much as bikes I recommend watching the original Vanishing Point too.

IP Logged
drharveys - FSO
Serious Thumper

Greetings from San
Luis del Norte!

St Louis MO
Reply #6 - 12/26/11 at 17:15:07

A club I ride with has a fair number of younger newbies.  We had a movie night and watched Easy Rider.

Nearly unwatchable -- but an oddball classic in it's own way.  Certainly joins "Factory Girl" on the list of movies that are improved when watching under the influence of controlled substances!

Every difference of opinion is not a difference of principle. Thomas Jefferson

When I look fast, I'm not smooth and I am going slowly. And when I look slow, I am smooth and going fast. Alain Pros
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #7 - 12/31/11 at 08:13:48

I tried to watch Easy Rider a couple of times. I couldnt figure out what all the excitement was about, I gave up not far into it. But, hey, what do I know about movies? I walked out of Dr. Zhivago and then tried Gone with the Wind,, walked out of that one, too.. Now I see theyve made A Tale of Two Cities, which we were assigned to read in 10th grade. I say assigned,, I didnt,, maybe Ill rent the movie & walk out on it, too..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
ham45
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Southeast Tennessee
Reply #8 - 12/31/11 at 15:47:15

Want to see a crazy motorcycle movie see "Wild Hogs" it's about like trying to sit through "2001 A Space Odyssey"

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #9 - 12/31/11 at 18:52:13

I liked Wild HOgs,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #10 - 01/01/12 at 07:20:44

I liked Wild HOgs,,

O-yea

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #11 - 01/01/12 at 07:44:06

They were just like all them eager Hurley bad boy "wanna be's" that we churn up every Dragon run.

They think they are fast, but they are not.  All modern 600 cc in line fours are fast, Ducatii are fast (note the correct spelling of the plural here, my wife is an English teacher) heck, the lowly Suzuki SV 650's are fast compared to a Hurley.

What makes them sick at their $25,000 stomachs is that Grandma's bike is faster than them too.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #12 - 01/01/12 at 10:58:18

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 01/01/12 at 07:44:06:
They were just like all them eager Hurley bad boy "wanna be's" that we churn up every Dragon run.

They think they are fast, but they are not.  All modern 600 cc in line fours are fast, Ducatii are fast (note the correct spelling of the plural here, my wife is an English teacher) heck, the lowly Suzuki SV 650's are fast compared to a Hurley.

What makes them sick at their $25,000 stomachs is that Grandma's bike is faster than them too.

What makes them sick at their $25,000 stomachs is that Grandma's bike is faster than they, too.[/quote

Run ask her 'bout that one,,  Wink

IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #13 - 01/01/12 at 14:10:08

2001 Space oddessy has to be seen on a large screen theatre for it to have a proper presentation, and frankly herbal enhancement of the viewer is a plus..it slows your mind down to a proper viewing speed for this "glacial paced" magnificent film.

I watched easy rider with my new wife parked in myMGB at a drive-in off post near Fort Bragg, my post nam post. Grin  Oh, rbs in the car to my right started throwing beer cans at the jersy Boys in the car to my right.  I drove out of the spot without taking the speaker from my window..ooops. Cheesy

IP Logged
splash07
Serious Thumper

Charleston, SC
Reply #14 - 01/03/12 at 12:01:40

MulletViper wrote on 12/26/11 at 13:27:52:
I enjoyed The Big Lebowski a lot. Contrary to most people here, I also enjoyed Easy Rider a lot. Tons of good music and an awesome ending. If you like cars as much as bikes I recommend watching the original Vanishing Point too.

+1

Loved The Big Lebowski. Its probably my favorite movie. Really anything by the Coen brothers is pretty good. As for Easy Rider I loved it as well. The plot centers around the two protagonists making it to their final destination and all the characters and adventures they have along the way. It is a great example of how motorcycle trips should be taken. And Vanishing point is the best car chase movie ever made.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/02/24 at 19:35:23

General CategoryThe Cafe › Easy Rider...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.