Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
shifting gears - cold weather?? (Read 195 times)
weracerc
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Greensboro, NC
Re: shifting gears - cold weather??
Reply #15 - 12/24/11 at 17:30:24

well - mid 50's here today - did the 2 & 1 tooth spline rotation on the shifter knob - neither one allowed me to get my toe under the shifter - so i put it back to 6 oclock BDC...rode it and had nearly no problems - only 1 or 2 5 to4 down shifts where the shift lever laid down and did not pop up...only 1 or 2 2-3 up shifts where it did not make it to 3rd......also note that i finally did the inevitable - I dropped it - total noob mistake - too much front brake with the handle bars turned - thru my fat ass in the road wallering around like a freakin beached whale!...the bag kept the bike off the road - not a scratch or broken part - twisted mirror - twisted it back locked it down rode away.....this happened in my driveway non-the-less....no witnesses or video, thank goodness. Wink

"GOD Was Busy, He Sent The Marines"
</div
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #16 - 12/24/11 at 21:08:31

the bag kept the bike off the road - not a scratch or broken part - twisted mirror

SWEET!! Now, if you can forget it, it will be gone. Sadly, it will haunt you for a long time, because you KNOW you messed up/.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
weracerc
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Greensboro, NC
Reply #17 - 12/30/11 at 17:06:44

guess what my motorcycle GURU buddies? give up already?? - the problem with my shifting issues up & down was.....a simple case of lack-o-lube on the shifter stud/lever connection....took it by to see one of my local MC buddies and he rode it and procedded to check out the shifter function and he felt like the shifter lever was sticking - we took it apart cleaned it and re-installed with white lithium grease and it shifts like brand new now....i would say the cold weather did not help the metal to metal issues with the lack-o-lube....problem solved  Cheesy

"GOD Was Busy, He Sent The Marines"
</div
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #18 - 12/30/11 at 23:36:49

Your pahdnuhs may have solved one of the long standing gremlins.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 18:22:55

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › shifting gears - cold weather??

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.