Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Flat black crankcase paint (Read 405 times)
AlphaBarney

Were you born to
resist, or be
abused?

Raleigh, NC
Re: Flat black crankcase paint
Reply #30 - 12/14/11 at 07:07:42

JB, I looked over what the local Autozone had when I was there last night.   Saw the engine paint "Low Black" good up to 500° and then there was a can of wrinkle black that was good up to 350°.  I'm looking for that wrinkle finish, so...
Think I could get that using the low gloss engine paint, or should I try the wrinkle paint?  In your experience what works best?  My first time painting anything automotive so I'm as NOOB as it gets on this one and would like to avoid having to do it 2 or more times...Thanks

"Betty"-'05 S40
  IP Logged
MotoBuddha
Serious Thumper

Let's roll!

Charlotte, NC
Reply #31 - 12/14/11 at 07:43:49

I've had mixed results with wrinkle paint. A lot depends on air and metal temperature and how you apply it. Sometimes the wrinkles will be extreme, sometimes barely there, sometimes just right. So you might practice with it on something unimportant.

On the other hand, I've always had perfect results with wrinkle powder coat. It's more trouble and costs more, but like I said, it's perfect.

« Last Edit: 12/15/11 at 09:20:05 by MotoBuddha »  

Travel kills ignorance.
  IP Logged
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Reply #32 - 12/15/11 at 08:35:43

What if you could chrome your own stuff out with just a spray can?

IP Logged
AlphaBarney

Were you born to
resist, or be
abused?

Raleigh, NC
Reply #33 - 12/15/11 at 10:23:03

Harley owners would have a lot more money in the bank; but wouldn't have the arm strength left to ride after spending time polishing all the chrome you could ask for.

"Betty"-'05 S40
  IP Logged
houstonbofh

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, TX
Reply #34 - 12/24/11 at 20:24:20

First, Rustoleum can work.  This is the definitive story for me.  http://www.rickwrench.com/index79master.htm?http://www.rickwrench.com/50dolla...

That said, you said your shoe burns to the case.  How about a thermal barrier coating?  http://www.polydyn.com/headers_and_exhaust.htm  These guys are local to me, so it is a tad easier.  That said, the coatings rock.  I have some headers on an olde race car I did about 20 years ago.  It has sat up for the last ten.  They still look amazing with no rust!  Just only coat the case, not the ribs, or overheating will be a problem. Smiley

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 04:27:26

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Flat black crankcase paint

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.