Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Getting colder now... (Read 76 times)
ralfyguy
Serious Thumper

Getting colder now...
12/06/11 at 08:24:20

26 degrees this morning, and gonna be 19 tomorrow. Yet that bike doesn't seem to mind. My gel battery is now almost four years old and has never seen a charger. It cranks just like it does in summer. But last winter it seemed to struggle more, but that was with different oil in it. This spring I changed to Rotella T6 5W-20 and seems in cold temperatures it makes a difference. That stuff is simply amazing. Should have switched years ago.

I am also very pleased with the inexpensive kevlar brake pads. Last way way longer than others and have a better feel to it. OEM pads were more like on/off, thus easier to lock the front on loose ground or dirty tarmac. They do require a tad more force on the lever, but I like it that way. It feels more safe like that.
They are on the bike since a couple thousand miles and show hardly any wear. Rotor doesn't seem to mind either. Highly recommended!

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Getting colder now...
Reply #1 - 12/06/11 at 08:33:22

Do you have a ink to those brake pads, Ralfy?...
I'd like to try them...
Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
ralfyguy
Serious Thumper

Reply #2 - 12/06/11 at 08:47:10

Got them on eBay about a year ago. Gotta see if the link is still there.
Now they DID take some time to "bed" in. Require force was a bit higher the first few days, but no biggie.
They are also a bit more aggressive with increasing Rotor temps. Kinda like F1 carbon brakes. LOL

IP Logged
ralfyguy
Serious Thumper

Reply #3 - 12/06/11 at 20:46:11

I think they were like these:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SUZUKI-FRONT-Brake-Pads-LS-650-Savage-Boulevard-95-08...

The original seller doesn't list them anymore.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #4 - 12/06/11 at 22:53:35

I really like the pads offered by this guy.  It looks like he's got a couple of brands he gets  I got a set of these I haven't used yet, cause the 1st set I got from him (X brand) have lasted since last year.  That's around 10k miles and I got a lot more to go.  Really wish I logged when I started.  Kevlar is the way to go.  feels like stock with no squeal.  The EBC's I got were soft and took a lot of squeeze to stop.  Keep you eye on this vendor, he has sales around this time of the year and those pads will drop to about $12
ralfyguy wrote on 12/06/11 at 20:46:11:
I think they were like these:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SUZUKI-FRONT-Brake-Pads-LS-650-Savage-Boulevard-95-08...

The original seller doesn't list them anymore.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 10:15:45

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Getting colder now...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.