Mr 650
Serious Thumper

The LS650- Classic
style & 4-valve
engine

Mempho
Been to Bonneville
11/29/11 at 16:19:20

I have been away, In 2009 all got laid off then w/ GM & Chrysler bankruptcies most were bought off if lucky 7 contractors like me laid-off. But the worst was lost my sweetheart to diabetes, she was 50.
I am sure Scrapiron thinks he bullied me from here but just was not the case. after Lynda passed I didn't have anything to say to anyone, specially that ah.  
BTW: I actually own Savage, and only pointed out that Johnny didn't and had gone way out of his way to come here and insult my friends. What was posted here was simply googled and reposted, it was ALL already on the internet, meanwhile the kid cries to the admins & John to smoke me for violating his privacy or some such trumped nonsense.   Grin
Still we have been busy, wired a landspeed car and crewed for Buckwheat Racing at both ECTA Maxton & SCTA Bonneville.
The bumped the old AA/CGC Maxton record from 180 mph to 215mph in 2010 in Bonneville trim , and again w/ more gear reset the ECTA record at Maxton to 223MPH.
Likewise at Bonneville Team Buckwheat bumped the old record up to 252 in 2010, and 258mph in August.
http://www.scta-bni.org/Bonneville/BNIrecs_cat_c.htm
I can say it was a real honor to be part of that team, real bucket list stuff. One of the last originally and still cool events there are.
Make it a point to check out Speed Week, some really cool stuff there.

http://www.hotrod.com/eventcoverage/hrdp_1108_7th_annual_top_speed_challenge/...

SilverBlue '01,K&N,Snorklectomy,125mm NOS carb, 1/2 spacer & 155, 'Trapp, NC flyscreen, Suzy GelSeat, Osram H4
later..putt. Putt, PUtt, PUTT! 8)
HelmetLawsSuck
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Been to Bonneville
Reply #1 - 11/29/11 at 16:51:45

Way to go, Mr...!...   Smiley

Bet your Linda would be proud...  Wink...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Been to Bonneville
Reply #2 - 11/29/11 at 20:15:14

IM sorry for your loss. That kind of loss is really hard. Im glad life handed you some cool stuff to hang onto while you get your feet on the ground. Participating in Salt Flats & setting records, being on the team,, thats way cool, man.
Welcome back,.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 00:35:53

General CategoryThe Cafe › Been to Bonneville

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.