MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
8 point buck
11/28/11 at 13:43:25

Hi guys

I just hung-up a 8 pointer in the garage to cool off.   For my neighborhood thats about as good as it gets.

This is the first one I've shot with a 223 , and it was very inpressive.   62gr.SP  made a quater size hole going in , about 3" hole in both lungs, then about a half-dollar size going out.    Rib on both side.

There will be Jerky in the dehydrator tomorrow !!! Tongue

Anybody else got lucky this year ?

Smiley

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Re: 8 point buck
Reply #1 - 11/28/11 at 14:18:09

MM do 2 legged dear count. Smiley

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #2 - 11/28/11 at 14:43:33

Just squirrels and snapping turtles. Coyotes ran off the deer, turkeys and feral pigs. Ducks and geese bypassed the pond this year. West TN and north MS have been off this year for deer.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
ksthumper

Olathe, KS
Reply #3 - 11/28/11 at 19:12:39

Truck up to Kansas. I see deer all year round on the outskirts of town. We actually had to have police do a mass deer hunt to curb the population in a local park.

99 savage: k&n filter, .6 spacer mod, 152.5 main, stock pilot, open HD shorty "muffler" and currently working on bobbing.
  IP Logged
prechermike
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Kalashna Kitty, from
Skat

Ponzer, NC
Reply #4 - 11/29/11 at 04:41:42

I have taken a couple this year.  The best was this seven point.

We have jerky, roast and meat cut to fry.

2006, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, Ed L's forward controls, Wristwatch, biblethumper650@gmail.com
prechermike   IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #5 - 11/29/11 at 08:18:01

I got hit by a small doe on Thanksgiving Day.  
Yes, I was on my Savage, no, I did not get hurt (but I don't know how not).
She came out of the brush and hit me on the left.  Banged my knee into the tank pretty good, but no dent on the tank and no bruise on the knee.
Checked the rear view, and she was down in the road.  By the time I got turned around, she had gotten up and ran off.
We were both REAL happy.. and thankful!!

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Reply #6 - 11/29/11 at 08:58:12

youzguyz wrote on 11/29/11 at 08:18:01:
I got hit by a small doe on Thanksgiving Day.  
Yes, I was on my Savage, no, I did not get hurt (but I don't know how not).
She came out of the brush and hit me on the left.  Banged my knee into the tank pretty good, but no dent on the tank and no bruise on the knee.
Checked the rear view, and she was down in the road.  By the time I got turned around, she had gotten up and ran off.
We were both REAL happy.. and thankful!!

You were very lucky  Shocked ...did you buy a lottery ticket after that?   Grin

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #7 - 11/29/11 at 22:53:17

A friend rode up on a VT? Honda 1300 Saturday. He got a deal on it because of busted headlight shell and signals and cracked fiberglass front fender. Otherwise perfect and beautiful. Owner said he will never ride again. Hit a buck square on, but didn't go down. Rode home and put it up for sale.

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
stinger
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #8 - 11/30/11 at 01:13:08

IP Logged
stinger
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #9 - 11/30/11 at 01:15:48

The day I bought my savage it was raining and I had to drive to work. I was thinking "Oh man! How much fun is this gonna be when I can ride to work on my bike!" A deer jumped out in front of me and totaled my car! Left his head in the radiator.

IP Logged
Wolfman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SW Missouri
Reply #10 - 11/30/11 at 12:34:43

We got three in the freezer and Muzzle Loader season still to go. Lot of archery season left if i get the time.
Deer Steak, Hamburger, Deer Stew, Tenderloin, Backstrap, Fried liver, and Jerky. Num Num...lol

IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #11 - 12/01/11 at 03:03:24

Given the way some scooter/MC riders behave this season of the year, I wish we could shoot at 2-legged vermin... Lips Sealed

Anyway, I was a big fan and supporter of thje right to hunt some 20 years ago, mostly because I was a shooting enthusiast.

I somehow fail to see the logic of going out hunting, these days, when there's more food in stores than we could ever actually eat.

Undecided

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #12 - 12/02/11 at 16:16:21

I just hunt the squirrels to keep them out of the plantation house. It still has lacquer coated fabric covered wiring. Wouldn't take much of a spark to set off 170 year old wood. And squirrels love to chew on wiring.

The snapping turtles are a menace too. And as common as the squirrels here. Have one with a head almost the size of a football... probably pushing 100 years old, scares the locals into NOT fishing my pond. He can stay...

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #13 - 12/02/11 at 19:41:47

Mpescatori

I've put about $300.00 worth of red meat in the frezzer this year while doing something I enjoy doing.   How much better could it get ?

That would be 70 lbs of  (98-2) ground , four sholder roast and four backstraps (tenderlon)16#.    Come to think on it .... probley more than $300.

You ever try the "Iron Turkey" shooting game ?
Back befor I had Livestock to take of and more time on my hands I played the pistol version a couple years.   Its fun and feels great when the targets go over , not quite as good a deer hunting but close.

you still shoot any ?

Smiley

Oh yea
Bill , You have to do the two legged kind  a hole different way !

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
JohnBoy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #14 - 12/03/11 at 08:21:39

mpescatori wrote on 12/01/11 at 03:03:24:
I somehow fail to see the logic of going out hunting, these days, when there's more food in stores than we could ever actually eat.

I agree.
I love shooting but where is the 'sport' of shooting at something that can't shoot back?
Where are the Zombies when you need them?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/02/24 at 21:29:12

General CategoryThe Cafe › 8 point buck

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.