Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Re: 8 point buck
Reply #15 - 12/04/11 at 19:49:13

Wild meat is actually better for you than feed lot meat. Lower cholesterol and higher omega -3s.

I think I read too much "hippy times" (Mother Earth News)...

Last couple deer I got, I gave away to someone with 4 kids, an unemployable wife and a barely above minimum wage job. I don't like venison, where I grew up, it tastes like Christmas trees smell. The little, and I mean little scrawny puny pathetic excuses for deer, eat fir tree branch tips. The elk weren't much better.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
JohnBoy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 12/04/11 at 20:13:27

I go for wild food too...wild Beer, wild Cheese, and wild Brats...and I don't have to kill any of it!

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #17 - 12/05/11 at 18:38:44

I think the limit here is 3 bucks and as many does as you want... At our place they will eat out of your hand, they like the mini horse's crimped oats. This land hasn't been hunted for big game since at least 1958. Lisa and Jack (her dad) consider the deer pets.

Would be like shooting our beagles.

But those miserable bushy tailed tree rats had best keep their eyes peeled. Sambo (Jack's beagle) and Rosco (Lisa's barn kitten) tag team them. Rosco chases them out, Sambo kills them. Or my beagle Poppy trees one and I shoot it.  Squirrels are causing me a lot of extra work on the big house, they've chewed up the soffets, rotted out the bead board ceiling on the front porch, torn out the asbestos wool insulation in the attic...

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/02/24 at 19:44:08

General CategoryThe Cafe › 8 point buck

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.