McMillan

Thumpers rule
Harleys drool.

Belleville, Ontario, Canada
Re: Bobber build
Reply #30 - 06/13/12 at 18:50:18

WD wrote on 06/12/12 at 20:09:41:
Not bad at all.

I think if mine was in bare metal I'd have dressed the frame welds, although your frame appears to have better welds than mine to start with. I can hang a pencil on some of the "boogers" the factory left on it.

Keep an eagle eye on that factory headlight bucket. The plastic is pretty fragile. You might want to order a metal replacement just in case.

Since you don't have/need passenger pegs, you might want to put an extra exhaust brace in there. I ran mine with struts for awhile, constantly having to retighten the exhaust port nuts.

Renegade, any bike shop that has cruiser stuff should have that bag. Including dealerships with a smart (that means an actual rider) parts manager.

The welds are dressed completly shaved. as for the exhaust mount well thats exactly where its mounted to.

« Last Edit: 06/14/12 at 18:32:49 by McMillan »  

'97, 6" risers, rigid frame, 3.5" rear drop, 2.5" exhaust, custom seat, Arlen Ness mirrors, custom 10" Z bars, fuel tank raised 2" in front and lowered 1" at rear, Jockey shifter.
  IP Logged
McMillan

Thumpers rule
Harleys drool.

Belleville, Ontario, Canada
Reply #31 - 08/12/12 at 19:22:01

well here she be.

'97, 6" risers, rigid frame, 3.5" rear drop, 2.5" exhaust, custom seat, Arlen Ness mirrors, custom 10" Z bars, fuel tank raised 2" in front and lowered 1" at rear, Jockey shifter.
  IP Logged
matt11
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #32 - 02/11/14 at 07:29:40

Hi there.so I just bought this bike and was wondering if this is the same guy I bought it from.????

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 00:23:58

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Bobber build

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.