Carb cleaning tool. (Read 101 times)
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Carb cleaning tool.
11/20/11 at 12:25:42

Picked up a welding torch tip cleaning set today at Princess Auto. The smallest wire is .5 mm. Are there any holes in the carb smaller than that?

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Tom Dooley
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

South Louisiana
Re: Carb cleaning tool.
Reply #1 - 11/20/11 at 15:14:07

I tried my welding tip cleaner kit but it did not have the small ones, so I purchased the K & L Carb Cleaner kit. The smallest tip on the K & L tool is .013" and the next smallest is .020". There are passages on the carb that require these tips. In fact when I used the .013 on the brass insert in the float bowl I noticed a great improvement. The .020 is great for some of the passages on the carb housing. Thanks to advice from Lancer my bike is idling and running a lot better. I had to go to a 50 pilot to cure my dying on decel problem. I run a stock muffler and air filter. Purchased the K & L Kit from orangecycleparts.com - great service and pricing from Tom.

IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #2 - 11/21/11 at 16:23:17

I hope yous are using these tools along w/, and not in place of compressed air. A good genuine carb cleaning includes blowing out all passages w/ compressed air. Also remember that the soft brass and aluminum parts can be easily damaged w/ any type of steel wire cleaner.

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
Tom Dooley
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

South Louisiana
Reply #3 - 11/21/11 at 18:13:18

Routy, You are right compressed air and carb cleaner should be used first BUT sometimes that alone does not work. As I observed with a magnifier, using the K & L Kit's .013 and .020 wires on brass and aluminum passages did not cause any damage to the holes. These very small tips will bend before damaging the brass or aluminum. They are made to clean brass and aluminum jets and passages when used in the proper manner. It did the trick for me.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 00:25:03

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Carb cleaning tool.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.