Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

This ol' dog ain't
staying on the
porch!

Missouri
Checking in
11/19/11 at 20:28:58

Just thought I'd check in and say hi to some old friends on the board. Its hard to believe its coming up on three months since I got the wife back out of the hospital only to lose my mother in law and brother seven days apart on opposite sides of the state. Many thanks to precher mike, Boofer, and all those who e-mailed, pm'ed etc. their support. You all are a great group! I really appreciated it.
 The family has pulled together well and got healthier together, I took some time to grieve and spent some time getting closer to my 19 yr. old son. Then took a hard look at getting my knees in shape and get back riding. Last week, after a month of physical therapy I got cleared to ride. Yesterday I put my first serious hours on the bike in a long time. I got the feeling John was right along side for the ride. Kind of an eerie feeling but it was a good start.
 I hope all on the site have a great Thanksgiving and holiday season in general. I look forward to catching up on what I've missed lately, and its good to see the regulars still having fun here.

Ride safe

Dan

2004 Savage. Happiness isn't around the corner, its IN the corners!....I gotta question the integrity of any organization that would have the likes of me as a member...Groucho Marx
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Checking in
Reply #1 - 11/19/11 at 20:37:12

Glad your back, and know you never really left us.

WWW   IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #2 - 11/19/11 at 20:57:00

Southpaw, just wanted to let you know Prechermike has started a clock hauling service while you were away. Business has been a little "slow".   Grin Grin Grin

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #3 - 11/21/11 at 10:10:09

Southpaw, nice to hear from you. Sorry for your
losses though.
You know you have plenty of friends and family here.
Were here for you through all the good, bad and indifferent.
Hugs and drop in as often as you can.. Smiley kim

IP Logged
prechermike
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Kalashna Kitty, from
Skat

Ponzer, NC
Reply #4 - 11/21/11 at 15:02:44

Boofer wrote on 11/19/11 at 20:57:00:
Southpaw, just wanted to let you know Prechermike has started a clock hauling service while you were away. Business has been a little "slow".   Grin Grin Grin

I too am a little slow, but I am glad you are back.  The tough times make us apreciate the good ones.

2006, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, Ed L's forward controls, Wristwatch, biblethumper650@gmail.com
prechermike   IP Logged
Toymaker
Serious Thumper

Dragon Rider

Granite Falls, NC
Reply #5 - 11/24/11 at 11:03:46

I haven't been on much and have posted even less but I am glad that life is starting t come right for you and that you are riding again.  May the Christmas season be good to and for you.

T

Because I can!
  IP Logged
scroop

Good grief, not
again!!!

western PA
Reply #6 - 11/26/11 at 15:16:56

Glad to count you as a brother, Southpaw.  We're all with you.

Ride free!
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #7 - 11/28/11 at 13:59:47

hay Dan

Glad you still in one piece (mind and body)and all.   You allways got us , but try not to let that get ya down  Grin .

I'm looking foward to seeing your part of the country maby in the spring.

Take care.
Mike

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Southpaw
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

This ol' dog ain't
staying on the
porch!

Missouri
Reply #8 - 11/28/11 at 21:24:56

You know, Mike, I was thinking about that this summer. I was planning on trying to catch up with Wolfman down in his neck of the woods before he had his run of bad luck. I had hoped to plot some "old hwy 66" routes into a couple of day rides or maybe a Springfield Mo. to Eureka Springs Ar. trek and see if there was any interest in doing a "midwest run" out this way. At the time, I think we had about 4-5 of us off the site within 80-100 miles of each other. Unfortunately that plan went south with my family's health problems!
 When and where were you planning on coming up? My middle daughter is getting married in May so my vacation time this year is looking lean, but I'm sure I could figure something out!

2004 Savage. Happiness isn't around the corner, its IN the corners!....I gotta question the integrity of any organization that would have the likes of me as a member...Groucho Marx
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/26/24 at 16:20:13

General CategoryThe Cafe › Checking in

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.