Send Topic Print
In a Fog (Read 286 times)
Arizuno

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Prescott, AZ
Re: In a Fog
Reply #15 - 11/21/11 at 14:42:16

Y'know, JohnBoy, I think I once had some of that stuff. Didn't have a motorcycle then. Now I have a motorcycle, but it seems I no longer have the Optic Guard. What's new? I'll definitely look into that (no pun intended).

And thanks, everyone. Mouth-breathing downward through my beard is what I've been doing. Works fairly well until I forget (usually at inopportune moments)...

White '07, OEM wind screen, 1" seat lift, re-shaped OEM seat, seat beads, TKat, Dyna muffler (Serowbot), Raptor petcock, seat pins (Verslagen1), Big Crank.
  IP Logged
Arizuno

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Prescott, AZ
Reply #16 - 12/31/11 at 14:43:28

Well, I seem to have found an answer to my own question, a No-Fog breath deflector (www.nofogusa.com). At about $40.00 delivered it ain't cheap, and adjusting it to best effect is a bit fussy, but it WORKS. It's made in the USA, seems to have a big following among snowmobilers, and they actually answered a Sunday afternoon email with a Sunday evening phone call when I had a pre-order question. My cold-day rides are now considerably less thrilling, but that's a good thing.

White '07, OEM wind screen, 1" seat lift, re-shaped OEM seat, seat beads, TKat, Dyna muffler (Serowbot), Raptor petcock, seat pins (Verslagen1), Big Crank.
  IP Logged
stinger
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #17 - 01/02/12 at 02:06:08

lemon pledge works well for cleaning the shield of bugs but I don't think it would be effective for fogging up. I do know this works well . I drilled a small hole at the top of the visor, maybe  a 1/16th hole. Keeps the visor clear and only a very small amount of air comes thru.

IP Logged
Dj12midnit
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

If you'r here and
I'm here isn't this
our time?

Lynden Wa.
Reply #18 - 01/02/12 at 20:56:36

Now just a second I recommended a breath box on the first page.

Arizuno wrote on 12/31/11 at 14:43:28:
Well, I seem to have found an answer to my own question, a No-Fog breath deflector (www.nofogusa.com). At about $40.00 delivered it ain't cheap, and adjusting it to best effect is a bit fussy, but it WORKS. It's made in the USA, seems to have a big following among snowmobilers, and they actually answered a Sunday afternoon email with a Sunday evening phone call when I had a pre-order question. My cold-day rides are now considerably less thrilling, but that's a good thing.

http://www.suzukiownersclub.net

2006 Progressive 412-4236C, Big Crank, TKat F\B, ME880 Rear.
  IP Logged
Arizuno

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Prescott, AZ
Reply #19 - 01/02/12 at 22:50:31

Indeed. Had I but known what a "breath box" was...

IP Logged
gerald.hughes
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

FSO

Tucson, Az
Reply #20 - 01/03/12 at 12:53:25

Personally, if the fogging is bad, I would go with a Pinlock shield.  They work, and are easy to live with.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/02/24 at 19:32:03

General CategoryThe Cafe › In a Fog

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.