Send Topic Print
In a Fog (Read 286 times)
Arizuno

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Prescott, AZ
In a Fog
11/19/11 at 15:54:46

I always wear a full-faced helmet when riding. Unfortunately, I also need to wear glasses, which tend to fog up badly,even with the shield up, especially in cooler weather, until I get moving. I feeling that braille and safe riding are incompatible,  I'm seeking workable solutions from my bespectacled forum mates. Please! Embarrassed

White '07, OEM wind screen, 1" seat lift, re-shaped OEM seat, seat beads, TKat, Dyna muffler (Serowbot), Raptor petcock, seat pins (Verslagen1), Big Crank.
  IP Logged
Grand Strand

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: In a Fog
Reply #1 - 11/19/11 at 16:02:36

I'm interested in this as well.  FF with glasses is the pits but I dont want to do without either. I'm afraid that I will eventually be tempted to lose the helment.

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #2 - 11/19/11 at 16:43:21

Snowmobilers use heated shields and your glasses want fog with them,You would have to hook it up to the battery.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
gerald.hughes
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

FSO

Tucson, Az
Reply #3 - 11/19/11 at 16:44:52

I do not have this problem, but I have known many riders who have.  The problem is the moisture that comes out of your nose and mouth.  There are lots of anti fog sprays out there (http://www.c-clearantifog.com/spraybot.php?gclid=CNONutv9w6wCFUwaQgodmHatrQ), but most of the people that I have ridden with have simply tied a bandana over their nose and mouth (like a bandit) before putting on their helmet.  It seemed to work.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 11/19/11 at 16:49:51

I use a modular, it beats that problem, plus, I can talk to someone w/o pulling it off.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #5 - 11/19/11 at 16:54:39

Bausch & Lomb Fog Shield 2-Step Wipes

This stuff won't harm any glass or plastic surfaces or damage any type of surface coatings including anti-scratch, polarized and anti reflective coatings.

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
prechermike
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Kalashna Kitty, from
Skat

Ponzer, NC
Reply #6 - 11/19/11 at 17:55:47

Someone suggested lemon pledge, yep the furniture polish, for the visor on the helmet.  I have not tried it yet, but if you do, let me know how it works.

2006, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, Ed L's forward controls, Wristwatch, biblethumper650@gmail.com
prechermike   IP Logged
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Reply #7 - 11/19/11 at 19:22:28

Cheap ghetto trick - try and breath down and out of your FF helm at stop lights.. and I mean really TRY

IP Logged
Dj12midnit
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

If you'r here and
I'm here isn't this
our time?

Lynden Wa.
Reply #8 - 11/20/11 at 11:08:41

Two choices, Breath box or go to ace and get a short piece of clear tubing. put one end in your mouth run the other out the bottom of the FF.

http://www.suzukiownersclub.net

2006 Progressive 412-4236C, Big Crank, TKat F\B, ME880 Rear.
  IP Logged
Skid Mark
Serious Thumper

FSO

Calgary, Alberta
Reply #9 - 11/20/11 at 11:46:16

I use a modular and find if I'm fogging up just cracking the visor open a bit lets enough air in to clear the fog. If I have to scrape the frost off the visor I have found taking the car a lot safer.

2008 S40 , Windshield, Sigma Cycle Computer, after market backrest & luggage rack, Tkat Fork Brace, saddlebags, 12v power supply, Garmin GPS
'09 C50SE, '09 C90
Shoulda got into this years ago
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #10 - 11/20/11 at 14:34:13

The heated shield is the only real way to do it,I've road below 0 degrees and my glasses or shield didn't fog,and I only used glasses at night.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
JohnBoy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 11/20/11 at 20:00:57

Note: a lot of fog treatment sprays and wipes will soften and discolor plastic. A few years back I discovered "Optic Guard" made by American Optic out of Joplin MO. It is a green gel that actually works.

IP Logged
MulletViper

Professional
Rivethead

Reply #12 - 11/21/11 at 07:32:38

Toothpaste! Seriously, didn't believe it myself at first. Tried it, done deal. Squirt some on the inside of the shield. Smear it around good. Wipe it clean.

Careful though! Heard a few people say it scratched their shields up. Never happened to mine, but just a word of caution.

IP Logged
Southpaw
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

This ol' dog ain't
staying on the
porch!

Missouri
Reply #13 - 11/21/11 at 08:49:32

+1 on cracking the shield visor for immediate help. I've tried the anti fog wipes but they didn't last long. Finally went to a 3/4 helmet with a flip down shield, The draft at the bottom draws enough moisture away to prevent most problems.

2004 Savage. Happiness isn't around the corner, its IN the corners!....I gotta question the integrity of any organization that would have the likes of me as a member...Groucho Marx
  IP Logged
Arnold
Serious Thumper

The dude abides...

Westchester, NY
Reply #14 - 11/21/11 at 09:19:16

Sky mask and goggles.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home