Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
My first bow hunting success!  :) (Read 408 times)
dinsdale

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Ottawa, Canada
Re: My first bow hunting success!  :)
Reply #30 - 11/17/11 at 12:17:14

Post the video anyway.
Starlifter can choose to watch and be offended or not.

This one was a buck fawn and tasty as all get out!
December 6th and running out of hunting season.

This one is a little 6 pt.

Biggest deer so far, killed by the cage in front of me.
Still made great sausage.

IP Logged
Wolfman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SW Missouri
Reply #31 - 11/17/11 at 12:23:22

Been called that before. Cant eat meat without a lil blood. Really bugs me when someone goes after a beginning hunter as well.

Spent 15 years getting kids and young adults started hunting as an instructor. Done a lot of 'how to' for adults on hunting forums over the years as well. Ive had a LOT more to do with PETA and its followers, attacking hunters, especially new hunters then most have.

I have absolutely NO respect for the org. Its as manipulative and money hungry as they come.
Any org that puts the well being and safety of animals before people has something seriously wrong with it.
They put nude young women painted as animals out in front of hunting stores in cages in winter to show cruelty to animals??
The founder once stated if he had a choice of only saveing a 3 month old dog or a 3 month old baby from drowning he would save the dog. It deserved to live more.
Several years back they took in on the order of 50,000 unwanted pets promiseing to find homes for ALL of them. Had to have a good donation for each though of course.
They found homes for around 50 of them. Most were euthanised immediately. Sucker Money Grab.
I could go on.
Thats your peta org. And this IS LIGHT.

Not so much railing at you as informing you about your org you support. And honest to god a lot of thir supporters actualy think deer can talk like bambi does in the movie. Ive had em argue the fact with me.

Sorry BH but peta just gets under my skin. Ive seen their supporters rip to many kids and beginning hunters.
Im done.

DINSDALE! Baby Killer!....lol
You should see the two late fawns ive been avoiding here. Pretty much raised in my yard this summer(live in the woods) and their 'maybe' half as big as that lil one of yours...lol
Had them and their momma within 5 feet of me twice yesterday evening while i was out. No their not tame, just stupid...lol Got a real fascination for buck grunts to. Still looking for daddy.
No rush, got two in the freezer already and 5 more tags to fill.
Call me Bloodthirsty. Wink

IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #32 - 11/17/11 at 12:45:03

"The founder once stated if he had a choice of only saveing a 3 month old dog or a 3 month old baby from drowning he would save the dog. It deserved to live more.

And honest to god a lot of thir supporters actualy think deer can talk like bambi does in the movie. Ive had em argue the fact with me."

...such bullsh!t.

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
dinsdale

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Ottawa, Canada
Reply #33 - 11/17/11 at 13:11:41

Ingrid Newkirk is bashit crazy.
Watch/listen to some of her speeches.

PETA kills thousands of animals every year and it's board members use drugs from animal research but that's OK because they "know better".

Suckers. Wingnuts and eco-terrorists as bad or worse than Greenpeace.

IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #34 - 11/17/11 at 15:28:33

...yawn

"Suckers. Wingnuts.".... sounds like the Republican party.

IP Logged
Grand Strand

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #35 - 11/17/11 at 16:06:42

Please take the politics and opinions to TT and leave this post to BH and her rights! The right to hunt, the right to eat, and the right to share!  Smiley BH while I’m not a hunter and can’t really share in your experience, I can appreciate your success!  Smiley Way to go.

IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #36 - 11/17/11 at 18:09:38

backstrap in a sauce pan sauted with real butter
cook gently & brown lightly

venison ham
venison sausage
had ribs once,  too dry and not much meat

the mule deer here in colorado are "managed" also
still have some winter kills but cant remember the last one

bambi CAN talk i saw it on tv it must be true

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
drums1
Serious Thumper

'87 Savage
Bashed--Down for the
count

Racine, Wisconsin
Reply #37 - 11/17/11 at 19:03:34

Ah yes, Colorado. I remember the deer walking through town, down to the river for a drink. (Estes Park) They didn't bother anyone and no one bothered them. Same with the elk. We were there in September. Further south, by the Royal Gorge Bridge, they would walk right up to you. My son, who was 12 at the time, walked over and pet one of the smaller ones.
Love to watch them, love to eat them.  Cheesy

IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #38 - 11/17/11 at 19:13:00

Beautiful area the higher elevation roads in RMNP were still impassable (snow) the first week of June. Aspen and Vail were awsome. Cheesy

IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #39 - 11/18/11 at 06:19:20

moose have been reintroduced in parts of colorado
some hunters have mistaken them for elk

p.s. to my last post
venison jerkey  Wink

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
runwyrlph
Serious Thumper

Semper ubi sub ubi

pa
Reply #40 - 11/18/11 at 08:14:59

drums1 wrote on 11/17/11 at 19:03:34:
Ah yes, Colorado. I remember the deer walking through town, down to the river for a drink. (Estes Park) They didn't bother anyone and no one bothered them. Same with the elk. We were there in September. Further south, by the Royal Gorge Bridge, they would walk right up to you. My son, who was 12 at the time, walked over and pet one of the smaller ones.

yeah, i saw mule deer and elk in town in estes park (wow- that's been 11 years ago! time flies!)

my brother just moved back to ft. collins, so maybe we'll go visit him again and check out rock mt nat'l park again!  

speaking of hunting ... PA has had a "mentored youth" hunting program for a few years now. You can take a kid with you for deer, turkey, or squirell (no lower age limit, adult carries the gun).  My (then) 8 year old got a 5 point buck last fall with a 20G slugger.  He can't wait to try again in alittle more than a week!  His 11 year old brother is dying to settle the score- he can't stand that little bro is 'ahead" Smiley

My personal favorite deer season is the after christmas flintlock season.  I haven't gotten 1 with the flintlock yet - they're pretty spooked after all the weeks of being hunted, but it's a great time to be in the woods!  

2007 s40 -stock -white spacer out -repaired to rideable condition!
  IP Logged
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Reply #41 - 11/18/11 at 21:52:40

Is it just me or would hunter vs hunter be more sportsman like? Oh wait, that'd be war and Starlifter would still be against that...  Cheesy

Anyways, I'm glad someone's taking out these deer vermin.. they're cute and cuddly and all but dumb as bricks.. I've had 2 hit my car... coulda killed me... I hope they woulda at least eaten me if they did kill me...

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #42 - 11/19/11 at 06:29:14

Oh geeez....don't say that! Can you imagine the trouble we would have with them if they were predators? Shocked

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
drums1
Serious Thumper

'87 Savage
Bashed--Down for the
count

Racine, Wisconsin
Reply #43 - 11/19/11 at 07:10:10

runwyrlph wrote on 11/18/11 at 08:14:59:
drums1 wrote on 11/17/11 at 19:03:34:

yeah, i saw mule deer and elk in town in estes park (wow- that's been 11 years ago! time flies!)

my brother just moved back to ft. collins, so maybe we'll go visit him again and check out rock mt nat'l park again!  

speaking of hunting ... PA has had a "mentored youth" hunting program for a few years now. You can take a kid with you for deer, turkey, or squirell (no lower age limit, adult carries the gun).  My (then) 8 year old got a 5 point buck last fall with a 20G slugger.  He can't wait to try again in alittle more than a week!  His 11 year old brother is dying to settle the score- he can't stand that little bro is 'ahead" Smiley

My personal favorite deer season is the after christmas flintlock season.  I haven't gotten 1 with the flintlock yet - they're pretty spooked after all the weeks of being hunted, but it's a great time to be in the woods!  

Ya the last time we were out there in Estes Park, we were playing mini-golf at the place right in town there. We had to stop play for 15 minutes as 4 elk strolled right across the course. Also saw 3 elk in the backyard next door to our cabin, eating the guys flower garden. He had a 6 foot fence around the whole yard too. The best one though, had to be when we saw the large herd gathering in that field just west of town, as you start on that road up into RMNP. Awesome. There had to be about a thousand of them there, one early morning. Apparently, it's an every year type of thing in that one spot.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 02:31:43

General CategoryThe Cafe › My first bow hunting success!  :)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.