babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Job interview/advice
11/10/11 at 11:56:54

I'll try to keep this simple.  I applied for a job back in August.  Finally got an email a couple of weeks ago, asking for a phone interview (parent company, out of state).  Phone interview went well, she sent me to meet the local district manager.  Met with him last Tuesday (10 days ago) and haven't heard from them again.  I hate waiting...!  Which is, I suppose, why I'm venting here.  The manager basically told me the job was mine, because of all the phone interviews that were done, I was the only candidate that was sent to meet with him.  He said I seemed fine for the job and would inform "corporate" he thought I'd be a good fit.  The day after each of those interviews, I did do the obligitory "thank-you-for-your-time" email and received responses.

So now I'm playing the waiting game.  I'm trying to keep myself from sending another email, because I don't want to look pushy or desperate.  

So those of you with experience in this area... should I wait it out or should I contact them?  And which one should I contact?

--Extra little background, the position I would be filling is new.  "Corporate" is rolling out new accounting software to all the branches.  The manager told me it could be sometime in 2012, he was surprised they were already pursuing hiring someone.  So I figure its just at a point where they aren't really ready for me to start.  But I want to know something!

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Re: Job interview/advice
Reply #1 - 11/10/11 at 12:06:22

I personally think it sounds like you would be fine sending another email to each person that you interviewed with. I would make it a simple, checking back with them since you haven't heard back, and offering to answer any additional questions they may have regarding your experience.

Best of luck  Smiley

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Reply #2 - 11/10/11 at 12:12:19

Being persistent for a job is NEVER a bad thing.. being annoying (such as calling during rush hour at a restaurant) is... I'd keep following up on it..

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #3 - 11/10/11 at 12:15:27

EJID wrote on 11/10/11 at 12:06:22:
I personally think it sounds like you would be fine sending another email to each person that you interviewed with. I would make it a simple, checking back with them since you haven't heard back, and offering to answer any additional questions they may have regarding your experience.

Best of luck  Smiley

+1

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #4 - 11/10/11 at 12:26:09

babyhog wrote on 11/10/11 at 11:56:54:
--Extra little background, the position I would be filling is new.  "Corporate" is rolling out new accounting software to all the branches.  The manager told me it could be sometime in 2012, he was surprised they were already pursuing hiring someone.  So I figure its just at a point where they aren't really ready for me to start.  But I want to know something!

Waiting Aug to Oct just for tele interview?  They are not in a hurry.
And you're the only one... that and it's a "corporate" mandated position means you won't be pressed by the mgr to get in there.

WWW   IP Logged
Boule’tard
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Master of the
Obvious

Austin TX
Reply #5 - 11/10/11 at 13:30:48

I wouldn't sweat it.. they took what, 2.5 months to go from application to interview?  They might take that long to go from the phone interview to the offer.  I'd wait a couple weeks, then send a friendly email asking whenabouts you can expect to start, just a rough timeframe.  

Also, emails that don't require action tend to get deleted and forgotten quickly..  a real paper thank-you card stands a better chance of hanging around the interviewer's office as a reminder, just because it is a nice thing to have on your desk or knicknack shelf.

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. - P.C. Hodgell
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #6 - 11/10/11 at 22:51:32

Im not excited bt the email idea,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
MrBrownTX

Caddo Mills TX
Reply #7 - 11/11/11 at 07:55:56

Built2Last wrote on 11/10/11 at 12:12:19:
Being persistent for a job is NEVER a bad thing.. being annoying (such as calling during rush hour at a restaurant) is... I'd keep following up on it..

Agree, showing the effort and concenr on your part is a good thing IMHO.

Used to have 2006 S40 http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1331666008/0
Gear up like you are going to slide across the pavement. Ride like everyone else is trying to kill you
WWW   IP Logged
T2

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Frederick, CO
Reply #8 - 11/11/11 at 09:16:00

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 11/10/11 at 22:51:32:
Im not excited bt the email idea,

Me neither, but a telephone call to the District Manager would be very appropriate.  I would keep it short and sweet and focus on an offer to provide any additional information that would be helpful.

Good Luck!

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 11/11/11 at 13:44:27

the thank you card for an interview is a thing, some employers won't hire unless they get one.  I had never even heard of that until a year ago . . .  wonder how many jobs I coulda had a better shot at.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #10 - 11/11/11 at 19:15:53

A thank you bottle of scotch mite be the answer//

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 16:23:56

General CategoryThe Cafe › Job interview/advice

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.