Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
2001 Suzuki Savage engine sudden cut off (Read 272 times)
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: 2001 Suzuki Savage engine sudden cut off
Reply #15 - 04/05/13 at 21:14:09

botoxotod wrote on 04/05/13 at 20:40:15:
I also have a 2001 S40 and I'm having the same problem! But I can't find the right petcock repair kit. Does anyone know of a compatible K&L kit? Help! Embarrassed

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1268804471/1

WWW   IP Logged
botoxotod
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 04/05/13 at 21:17:25

You rule! Thank you so much!  Cheesy

IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #17 - 04/06/13 at 00:06:40

Serowbots petcock test is on page 4 of the tech section about 13 posts down. Txsizzlers post on changing the petcock to the raptor is on page 5 of the tech section about 6 posts down. If you buy a raptor, try and get one with a 5/16"outlet.

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
sologf
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 04/09/13 at 09:23:21

I purchased part from Amazon. checked today it cost $23 with free shippin.

K&L Supply Fuel Petcock Repair Kit 18-4344

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #19 - 04/09/13 at 10:17:59

Yup, they answered your question, the question that you asked.

You now have spent $23 for a repair kit for a known inadequate designed vacuum petcock system that we know will fail again within xx years and xxxxx miles.   We also know it will fail much sooner if you mod your bike's exhaust or intake tracts and change the vacuum characteristics of your bike.

Your question was asked inside a thread that recommended replacing the vac petcock with a failure free mechanical petcock for the same (or less) cost as the repair kit you just bought.

==================

Now, did you guys do well by this particular newbie?  

You did answer what you were asked, and that is fine, but shouldn't somebody have mentioned the fact that when he replaces his muffler and air filter systems he's still going to have to buy himself a Raptor anyway?

Should we EVER be sending someone for a rebuild kit for a stock petcock without asking what plans they have for any future mods?

Last point, rebuild kit installation success rates are less than 100% -- the rebuild kits don't always fix the issues.

The Raptor does.

So, he'll post back with his results, we hope.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
sologf
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #20 - 04/09/13 at 11:46:20

Dear Oldfeller;
you are correct. i was answering question that I thought was posted for me since I received an email notification. i am new at this kind of chit chat.
Never crossed my mind consequences or future plans behind questions. will be more mindful in future. since you talked about Raptor, will that Raptor part/kit work better than the rebuild one I purchased?

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #21 - 04/09/13 at 15:05:51

Nope, this is your thread, you made your own choice to buy the rebuild kit after having been shown the Serobot test thread that recommends a Raptor replacement and explains why you should buy a raptor.  

Twice no less you were shown.   Go back and read your own thread from the beginning and follow the links your were provided.

The fact you never read them stands out fairly clearly.

Next, as a newbie you shouldn't be recommending anything to other newbies as you lack the experience to make a good recommendation.

========

But that isn't the point, I wasn't busting your chops -- I was busting the chops of the experienced helper people who are standing by with their hands in their pockets when an newbie on newbie exchange like this happens right in front of them.  

Sad, but you helper people are letting folks buy less than optimal rebuild kits because they don't know any better and are ASKING for a rebuild kit because that is all they know about.

JCStokes tried to steer him right, but you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him think.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Bubba
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Denver, CO
Reply #22 - 04/10/13 at 08:11:41

Raptor...On/Off/Reserve...all you need...price has doubled in the last few years from Ron Ayers!
http://www.ronayersmotorcycles.com/fiche_section_detail.asp?section=49509&cat...
#3 in the fiche...

'06 lt Blue, Dyna Power pipe, air screw 2 1/4 turns, 52.5 pilot w/ bleed holes, 150 Main, 2/3 spacer, Pirelli MT66 tires, Raptor petcock, 412-4006 Progressive shocks
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 04:27:47

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › 2001 Suzuki Savage engine sudden cut off

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.