babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Penn State scandal
11/09/11 at 11:16:14

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Penn State scandal
Reply #1 - 11/09/11 at 11:34:46

Crying shame tar and feathering isn't allowed anymore.

From what I understand, Coach P told school admin's and they dropped the ball.  And they've been arrested for it.  He may have dropped the ball by not following up on it.  But has not been criminally charged with it.  I think that if that's so, the school is making him a scape goat to distance themselves from it.

WWW   IP Logged
Z

Ride Baby Ride!!!

Northwestern PA
Reply #2 - 11/09/11 at 11:40:00

They are indeed making him the scapegoat!  Angry They have wanted to get rid of him for YEARS but they never had a plausible reason to do so. They are using this scandal to boot him out. The authorities KNEW about the abuse back in 1998 and they did NOTHING about it! The PA Dept of Public Welfare investigated it and the Center County district atty decided to not press any charges. The fact that the media is blaming JoePa for any of this is absolutely INFURIATING!!!! What about the guy who actually SAW what was happening and didn't stop it immediately?? That guy didn't report it anybody but his father and JoePa. JoePa told the school administrators and they did NOTHING!!!! All the media are talking about is JoePa JoePa JoePa. What about the guy who ACTUALLY DID the molesting??? All they say about him is that his hearing was postponed until Dec 7th and he is court ordered to never be alone with any children but let's all hang JoePA! It's sickening in every way shape and form!  Angry

Sanity runs from my family!
  IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 11/09/11 at 11:40:34

I went to Penn State so I've been aware of it (just since it hit the news recently) but not really following it Trust me, Joe Pa doesn't want to retire, ever, so it's a shame.  His image is tarnished for sure now, he probably should have done more, but I don't know how the allegations were brought to his attention or how seriously they were taken, Joe Pa told his bosses about it, they choose to ignore it, that being said, at Penn State, what Joe Pa wants, Joe Pa gets so he had the power to do something more about it.

IP Logged
Z

Ride Baby Ride!!!

Northwestern PA
Reply #4 - 11/09/11 at 11:44:12

LA< that is SO not true! If JoePa got what JoePa wanted, then the university couldn't have cancelled his Tuesday Press Conference. The university cancelled it NOT JoePa! He WANTED to answer questions about it. The university shut him down.

Sanity runs from my family!
  IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 11/09/11 at 11:56:51

Z wrote on 11/09/11 at 11:44:12:
LA< that is SO not true! If JoePa got what JoePa wanted, then the university couldn't have cancelled his Tuesday Press Conference. The university cancelled it NOT JoePa! He WANTED to answer questions about it. The university shut him down.

yeah I might have exagarated a bit there, sorry Z.  I just meant to say that he has/had tremendous pull at the University and if he wanted to he could have pressured and etc. . . to get an investigation, I didn't know about all the other investigations from before.

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #6 - 11/09/11 at 12:02:33

Well Joe has now made a statement saying he will retire at the end of this season.  I'm still reserving my judgement on him for now, but I read the entire 23-page indictment and I can't fathom how anyone could think Sandusky is innocent.  Too many victims, too much similarity in every story.  And how many more men will realize that he did the same to them when they were boys? And convinced them that it was ok and not to tell.  Disgusting!  

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #7 - 11/09/11 at 12:03:29

Z wrote on 11/09/11 at 11:40:00:
The authorities KNEW about the abuse back in 1998 and they did NOTHING about it! The PA Dept of Public Welfare investigated it and the Center County district atty decided to not press any charges.

Seals the deal for me.... !Hang the Admin!  !Hang the Admin!  !Hang the Admin!

WWW   IP Logged
Arizuno

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Prescott, AZ
Reply #8 - 11/09/11 at 19:15:09

No winners here. University, Admin, coaches all tarnished. Apportioning guilt won't obscure an indelible stain.

White '07, OEM wind screen, 1" seat lift, re-shaped OEM seat, seat beads, TKat, Dyna muffler (Serowbot), Raptor petcock, seat pins (Verslagen1), Big Crank.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #9 - 11/09/11 at 22:30:07

Arizuno wrote on 11/09/11 at 19:15:09:
No winners here. University, Admin, coaches all tarnished. Apportioning guilt won't obscure an indelible stain.

Well put.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 00:20:28

General CategoryThe Cafe › Penn State scandal

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.