Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
seat raise and carb spring clipping mod questions (Read 197 times)
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Re: seat raise and carb spring clipping mod questi
Reply #15 - 11/10/11 at 05:17:17

As to the seat, 1" is no problem, especially if you let the seat set in the sun on a warm day, or this time of year, let it set inside to warm up. I raised mine that much initially, and was still able to bolt the side bolts up. Gave it some extra curve, but was fairly comfy. I ended up going a little more, but never had pics of that, and no longer have the bike, so can't take more.  Here's the 1" though:

Here you can see it picks the front up nicely. This pic was for a "work in progress" for the muffler swap:

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
j

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: seat raise and carb spring clipping mod questi
Reply #16 - 11/12/11 at 10:22:48

well, did both of these.  Raised the seat about an inch using some rubber stoppers (#4) from lowes with some cup washers on either side of 'em that i pulled off some longboard bushings i had.  Seat is more comfortable but not like night and day.  Think it could stand to go a little higher.

Put in a washer rather than clipping. GOOD ADVICE!  Thanks for stopping me from cutting since I clearly needed to go the other direction.  Bike's running perfect.  No backfires on decel once it's warm, no putter every time i let off the gas.  And, it still afterfires when I shut it off, which I liked and which had actually gone away when I turned out the fuel/air screw a tad.  Glad it's back, I got the best of both worlds.

Josh

2005 S40. Dyna muffler. 12.5 Prog Shocks. Socket risers.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 18:35:45

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › seat raise and carb spring clipping mod questions

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.