Send Topic Print
Rear signals (Read 180 times)
McMillan

Thumpers rule
Harleys drool.

Belleville, Ontario, Canada
Rear signals
11/09/11 at 04:35:07

Ok I am in the process of relocating the rear turn signals. Where should I put them besides the garbage?. Here is where they are now

'97, 6" risers, rigid frame, 3.5" rear drop, 2.5" exhaust, custom seat, Arlen Ness mirrors, custom 10" Z bars, fuel tank raised 2" in front and lowered 1" at rear, Jockey shifter.
  IP Logged
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Re: Rear signals
Reply #1 - 11/09/11 at 06:25:19

The rear fender (just drill some holes) or mini turn signals mounted under the seat but still sticking out..

IP Logged
McMillan

Thumpers rule
Harleys drool.

Reply #2 - 11/09/11 at 06:32:57

No room for the fender. Its a tight fit between the tire and fender. Bolts or nuts will not fit.  I thought about the seat however I didnt want them bouncing when I hit bumps.

'97, 6" risers, rigid frame, 3.5" rear drop, 2.5" exhaust, custom seat, Arlen Ness mirrors, custom 10" Z bars, fuel tank raised 2" in front and lowered 1" at rear, Jockey shifter.
  IP Logged
spacepirates
Serious Thumper

Igni Ferroque

Pittsburgh, PA
Reply #3 - 11/09/11 at 06:43:28

Stock ones I'm not sure. You can find tiny LED ones on amazon for around $20 that adhere with double sided tape. Stick those on the rear fender for a streamlined look. You could also put those under the seat, but I don't know how visible they'd be.

http://www.amazon.com/Small-Mini-Turn-Signals-Motorcycle/dp/B003UNPHMK/ref=sr...

Alternatively you could make a bracket for the rear fender to mount the stock ones on. two pieces of 90 degree angle would do it, though it might mess up the lines of the bike a bit.

--
Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #4 - 11/09/11 at 06:47:36

I put mine on a bracket under the seat... they are stop/tail lights, but could be signals...  

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Reply #5 - 11/09/11 at 07:22:22

spacepirates wrote on 11/09/11 at 06:43:28:
Stock ones I'm not sure. You can find tiny LED ones on amazon for around $20 that adhere with double sided tape. Stick those on the rear fender for a streamlined look. You could also put those under the seat, but I don't know how visible they'd be.

http://www.amazon.com/Small-Mini-Turn-Signals-Motorcycle/dp/B003UNPHMK/ref=sr...

Alternatively you could make a bracket for the rear fender to mount the stock ones on. two pieces of 90 degree angle would do it, though it might mess up the lines of the bike a bit.

I'd throw some super glue and duct tape on those too Cheesy

IP Logged
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Reply #6 - 11/09/11 at 08:57:33

Arnolds bike has a good RTS setup:

IP Logged
groupus

Maintenance is as
much art as it is
science.

PA
Reply #7 - 11/09/11 at 19:39:53

spacepirates wrote on 11/09/11 at 06:43:28:

I bought a set like that an they dont do sh!t in daylight, or even dusk  Angry. are cool as an axillary signal wired into real turn signals since the leds dont draw much.

this is what i did, made a bracket out of angle iron for the seat and signals. only downside is i sometimes kick the cheapo lights off, but i got lots of spares  Grin

Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death. ~Hunter Thompson

'03 Savage bobber. Rebuilt too many times.
  IP Logged
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Reply #8 - 11/10/11 at 06:25:31

Serowbot wrote on 11/09/11 at 06:47:36:
I put mine on a bracket under the seat... they are stop/tail lights, but could be signals...  

http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt82/serowbot/savlmmn010.gif

Serow, put a chromed dragpipe and some chromed z-bars and take out your risers and your bike would look so super bitchin'  Shocked Wink

IP Logged
McMillan

Thumpers rule
Harleys drool.

Reply #9 - 11/21/11 at 08:05:11

Thanks all for the ideas but none will fit my application  Undecided will figure something out.

IP Logged
Southpaw
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

This ol' dog ain't
staying on the
porch!

Missouri
Reply #10 - 11/21/11 at 08:34:40

What about a short L bracket at the old seat bracket mount?

2004 Savage. Happiness isn't around the corner, its IN the corners!....I gotta question the integrity of any organization that would have the likes of me as a member...Groucho Marx
  IP Logged
McMillan

Thumpers rule
Harleys drool.

Reply #11 - 11/22/11 at 09:03:35

Those are gone cut the bars off

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 04:24:06

General CategoryThe Cafe › Rear signals

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.