Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
getting tired of the site. (Read 771 times)
stinger
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: getting tired of the site.
Reply #45 - 11/10/11 at 19:30:11

It always amazes me when people know everything. I for one, do not know if there is a God or whether there is life on other planets and such things a UFO's. Therefore I choose to say exactly that. I do not know. You should do the same Mick. I just watched a show on PBS about the survivors who fought on D-Day. They said there were no atheists in the foxholes on that day. Maybe you just need to spend a little time in a foxhole

IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #46 - 11/13/11 at 13:15:42

Since I'm the one who started the Tall Table ( TT ) just about 4 years ago when the presidential campaign of 2008 was starting up, I'll chime in on this thread.

The TT was designed to be an immediately recognized thread for political, and thanks to Mick, some religious discussion.  Since it's immediately recognizable for what it is, no one should go in to the thread by mistake, or thinking it's about something else - if you don't want to participate, fine.

Let me say that I have made a few very good friends on that thread, Mick and Lifter among them ( they are not the only one ), whose political views as about as opposite to my own as they could ever get.

Yet, we all learn something from everyone, even our opposites.  In fact, I've shared PMs with these guys, whose real names I know, and enjoyed every one of them.

I enjoy reading about our bikes too, but I'm not into modifications, and am not even an amateur mechanic.  So I'm not interested in threads about bobbers, cam chain tensioner mods, carb jet mods, etc.  I take my S40 to the dealer for service, pay my bill, and don't do much beyond putting air in the tires and checking the oil level myself.  But I sure know that many of the participants do care about those things, and have some skills to enjoy tinkering.  Fine, and I don't get upset about the 1,000th post about petcocks or cam chains.

So, in the end, enjoy the TT if it's your thing, or ignore it.

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #47 - 11/13/11 at 14:53:20

You can learn a lot on rubber side down,Suzuki don't know how to make a petcock,They got the seat to low in front,The S40 only likes diesel oil,Theres no oil dip stick. Roll Eyes

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #48 - 11/14/11 at 05:35:44

bill67 wrote on 11/13/11 at 14:53:20:
You can learn a lot on rubber side down,Suzuki don't know how to make a petcock,They got the seat to low in front,The S40 only likes diesel oil,Theres no oil dip stick. Roll Eyes

The Savage isn't alone in it's uncomfy seat design. That's why I'm sportin' a Mustang on my C50 now. Cool

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #49 - 11/14/11 at 06:33:50

mick wrote on 11/09/11 at 19:42:23:
the problem is you have all missed me.You see what happens when I take a few months off,the sight goes to heck.
You all miss my religious discussions I have with believers.
Religion really is the root of all evil.

evil(controll) is the root of religion

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #50 - 11/14/11 at 08:39:28

John_D FSO wrote on 11/14/11 at 05:35:44:

The Savage isn't alone in it's uncomfy seat design. That's why I'm sportin' a Mustang on my C50 now. Cool

I was joking I think the seat is alright for me at 5-6  150#,And the seat doesn't need to lifted in front,that would put you in same place every time and you couldn't move around.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #51 - 11/14/11 at 09:26:27

The stock seat is quite comfy for it's size,... but the front lift is essential...
Without it,.. I gets me a snuggy... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
ALfromN.H.  FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Dragon Slayer

Rochester, New Hampshire
Reply #52 - 11/14/11 at 10:34:31

I find my C50 seat to be pretty comfy, but maybe thats because i'm compairing it to an s40 seat. I did replace the s40 seat with a corbin and that was really a great upgrade. Which mustang seat do you have? Maybe thats my next purchase.

AL

2006 Harley Electra Glide 2014-Present
2009 Suzuki C50 2010-2014
2005 Suzuki S40 2006-2013
camaro103060 camaro103060   IP Logged
dasch
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #53 - 11/14/11 at 11:15:07

stinger wrote on 11/10/11 at 19:30:11:
It always amazes me when people know everything. I for one, do not know if there is a God or whether there is life on other planets and such things a UFO's. Therefore I choose to say exactly that. I do not know. You should do the same Mick. I just watched a show on PBS about the survivors who fought on D-Day. They said there were no atheists in the foxholes on that day. Maybe you just need to spend a little time in a foxhole

Oh please... I spent almost 4 years in foxholes. Thought about wildest things but not really god or religion. Sorry 'bout this... it's usually food... ammo... an extra hand grenade... Or women! And toilet paper, oh yeah, that too... Wink

IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #54 - 11/14/11 at 12:46:06

245 pages, and 3668 replies to date make the TT the most popular, most replied to, and most visited thread ever to appear on this site.

With that said, the TT is like what they use to say about America. "Love it or leave it".....but please don't complain about it, or condem it. As has been said many times before, for those of us who live way up north the riding season is over and it won't return for five more long snowy wintry months. Our bikes are asleep in deep winter storage, And the TT (for some of us) is about the only reason to frequent the site at this time of year.

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #55 - 11/14/11 at 16:37:58

ALfromN.H.  FSO wrote on 11/14/11 at 10:34:31:

I find my C50 seat to be pretty comfy, but maybe thats because i'm compairing it to an s40 seat. I did replace the s40 seat with a corbin and that was really a great upgrade. Which mustang seat do you have? Maybe thats my next purchase.

AL

I got this one: http://www.westendmotorsports.com/mustang-twopiece-seat-with-backrest-bouleva...
It wasn't as bad as the stock Savage for me, but like that one, it felt like it was putting too much pressure on my tailbone. Which, as Bill pointed out, isn't the case for everyone. I think it's probably a matter of height. If I'd had forward controls, I might not have needed the seat mod, but it was cheaper, and worked ok for me. Smiley

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #56 - 11/16/11 at 06:06:41

mick wrote on 11/10/11 at 17:22:55:
I see nothing wrong with religion but they do need to keep it out of government,schools,and churches,boy scouts,girl scouts.
Just keep it in Motel rooms where it belongs.

Agree.  Religions are things guys made up.  God never wanted religions.  God could care less about whether you kneel first or sing first or get dunked in rivers or build snazzy buildings or wear goofy hats.  I would think God would disapprove of one religion killing those of other religions for these kinds of made-up differences.

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
MrBrownTX

Caddo Mills TX
Reply #57 - 11/16/11 at 06:47:30

Gyrobob wrote on 11/16/11 at 06:06:41:
mick wrote on 11/10/11 at 17:22:55:
I see nothing wrong with religion but they do need to keep it out of government,schools,and churches,boy scouts,girl scouts.
Just keep it in Motel rooms where it belongs.

Agree.  Religions are things guys made up.  God never wanted religions.  God could care less about whether you kneel first or sing first or get dunked in rivers or build snazzy buildings or wear goofy hats.  I would think God would disapprove of one religion killing those of other religions for these kinds of made-up differences.

/agree

Used to have 2006 S40 http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1331666008/0
Gear up like you are going to slide across the pavement. Ride like everyone else is trying to kill you
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 06:28:27

General CategoryThe Cafe › getting tired of the site.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.