Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
getting tired of the site. (Read 771 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: getting tired of the site.
Reply #30 - 11/08/11 at 23:17:01

Ive done some exploring, then I got caught,, & I was in TRuuuubbblllleee,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #31 - 11/08/11 at 23:58:11

verslagen1 wrote on 11/08/11 at 21:28:47:
arteacher wrote on 11/08/11 at 16:55:16:
I have read the entire tech section (every single post) and now the thrill has diminished. Huh

Well arteacher, that should make you a pretty knowledgeable guy.
How much have you done?  and how much are you willing to do?
there are still some gaping holes in our knowledge.
or talent, what's your talent?  a lot of people here have explored painting and I'm tired of black.

Verslagen, You really hurt me with such talk. Here in Mississippi we consider flat black the ultimate in redneck customizing.  Wink

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #32 - 11/09/11 at 04:38:17

My goals for the bike are to make it comfortable, reliable, and safe. Most of the mods I have done are for comfort and safety. ie Corbin seat, forward controls, Isogrips and finally handlebars. For safety I have installed a headlight modulator, modulated running lights on the back, and decent tires, and a loud exhaust.(no debate please).
The bike goes fast enough for me, so I am not interested in big bore kits or chain conversions or fast cams or the like.
The valves need adjusting, the carb needs some attention, I want to install Versy's cam chain tension-er, and I'm done.
I don't have a garage to work on it in, and so the decision for me is always to work on it or ride it when the weather is good.
I am no mechanical wizard, but I know my way around a set of tools, and I have done most of the work on my cars over the years, including body work and painting. I have the money to pay others to do the work if I want to, and my hands aren't as dexterous as they used to be and my body really gives me hell if I have to submit it to the contortions required for back yard mechanical work.
This site has provided me with all the information I need to make these decisions.
I regard this site as a club, and a lot of the people in it as friendly acquaintances that I will probably never meet, but would like to. I have no friends, and ride alone, because my wife is severely handicapped and can't ride, even in a side car. I joined an age appropriate club, but they are all well off retired folks who ride Goldwings on long trips (I can't leave my wife alone for too long)  so that didn't pan out. They are nice people, but tend to look down their noses at my noisy little S40.
I reply to questions in RSD if I figure I know what I'm talking about ie been there and done that.
I enjoy the Cafe as long as people don't start insulting one another, and probably post there most often.
That is what this site means to me.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Reply #33 - 11/09/11 at 07:34:52

I <3 flat black.. if you guys think flat black is redneck you'd hate see what the rednecks around here paint their stuff with... oh wait, they don't even paint it...

IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Reply #34 - 11/09/11 at 07:37:52

I was thinking/planning on repainting my bike this winter (currently flat black/gloss blue two-tone) but my wife doesn't want me to. She said that the flat black is what she likes because it makes my bike different from all the others and I have got comments on that as well.

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
spacepirates
Serious Thumper

Igni Ferroque

Pittsburgh, PA
Reply #35 - 11/09/11 at 07:43:02

We are a group with a number of common interests. Though our main goal (or what first brought us here) was to provide accurate, free, useful information on how to fix, work on, ride our motorcycles, eventually you have to digress. Kind of like water cooler talk at work, it isn't why you go to work, but it just kind of happens.

if you aren't a fan, that is cool, don't worry about it. The how-to's and FAQ content you originally wanted isn't going to be replaced by any random tangent we talk about. Perhaps, if it tickles your fancy to do so, you can start your own thread about whatever interests you. I've no clue what the "how tall" thread is about (never read it), and i think the "wheat belly" thread is about weight loss. We're just a group of people with one common interest talking about other interests that maybe not everyone has in common, but that is why they are individual threads and not one huge front page article.

I agree it is somewhat disheartening/disappointing/annoying (though my true feelings aren't as negative as those words convey) to see more posts about politics than it is about the bike, but every once in a while there comes a post that I can comment on or contribute to.

Some of us look for more than just technical how to's, a personal touch, if you will. I'm sorry that our friendliness and banter has begun to drive you away.

--
Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.
  IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #36 - 11/09/11 at 08:20:21

Built2Last wrote on 11/09/11 at 07:34:52:
I <3 flat black.. if you guys think flat black is redneck you'd hate see what the rednecks around here paint their stuff with... oh wait, they don't even paint it...

Sorry guys, I forgot to mention camouflage, but it does require a slightly higher skill level to make it look just right.    Grin

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Reply #37 - 11/09/11 at 08:21:57

EJID wrote on 11/09/11 at 07:37:52:
I was thinking/planning on repainting my bike this winter (currently flat black/gloss blue two-tone) but my wife doesn't want me to. She said that the flat black is what she likes because it makes my bike different from all the others and I have got comments on that as well.

I bought a gloss black FF helmet to match my bike, once it was broken in it was a little shakey on my head so I got a smaller size in flat black... so I gave my girl my gloss black helmet as a temp... guess which helmet she wants to wear when we ride?  Cheesy

IP Logged
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Reply #38 - 11/09/11 at 15:55:09

Arteacher you aren't riding alone brother...

And you're never done.. I feel it in you without ever meeting ya Cheesy

Can someone please tell me how to stop making these girls/women on the back of Harleys stop waving at me? I have a girlfriend... that's just rude..

IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #39 - 11/09/11 at 19:42:23

the problem is you have all missed me.You see what happens when I take a few months off,the sight goes to heck.
You all miss my religious discussions I have with believers.
Religion really is the root of all evil.

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #40 - 11/09/11 at 20:56:41

Not sure it's the religious arguments, but Mick,... you have surely been missed my friend...
Wink...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #41 - 11/09/11 at 21:44:27

mick wrote on 11/09/11 at 19:42:23:
the problem is you have all missed me.You see what happens when I take a few months off,the sight goes to heck.

Yes, evil begs the discussion of religion

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #42 - 11/09/11 at 22:26:01

mick wrote on 11/09/11 at 19:42:23:

Dont get carried away..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Reply #43 - 11/10/11 at 06:12:09

I see nothing wrong with religion, it's the people that I have a problem with.. they get on power trips just like politicians... not saying I'm perfect, but I don't claim to be  Cheesy

IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #44 - 11/10/11 at 17:22:55

I see nothing wrong with religion but they do need to keep it out of government,schools,and churches,boy scouts,girl scouts.
Just keep it in Motel rooms where it belongs.

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 04:16:51

General CategoryThe Cafe › getting tired of the site.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.