Spielberg I ain't... (Read 115 times)
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Spielberg I ain't...
11/02/11 at 02:45:11

...but at least it's got a soundtrack this time! Grin
Took a spin this afternoon, and remembered to put batteries in the camera this time. Just didn't hit the button good enough on the first bit, curse you winter gloves! Roll Eyes Getting chilly by the time I got home at sundown, around 44°.  Anyway, enjoy! Cheesy

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
gerald.hughes
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

FSO

Tucson, Az
Re: Spielberg I ain't...
Reply #1 - 11/02/11 at 05:50:57

Loved your video.  Thanks for posting it.  I would love to take that ride.  I have to say that your video was the most life-like of all that I have seen posted here to the site.  Most videos flatten out the curves, so you do not get the same feeling watching it that you did riding it.  That is not true with your video.  Could you please tell me what kind of camera you were using>

Thanks again for the trip.

IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Reply #2 - 11/02/11 at 06:36:16

Great looking ride there. Thanks for posting.

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Reply #3 - 11/02/11 at 08:02:47

That looks like a fun ride!

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #4 - 11/02/11 at 10:48:59

Ahhh nice...  I feel so relaxed ...

That ride saved me some gas money...  ... and I hardly felt the cold at all...
More please... Wink...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
stinger
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #5 - 11/02/11 at 12:37:12

John! You should have called me! I live on the bluff above Troutdale and right above the old Columbia Highway. I would have shown you some cool roads to ride near there.  For those of you who have never seen Crown Point, it can get quite windy. There will be no wind 10 miles or so to the west of the point and at Crown Point it can be blowing steady at 60 -70 miles a hr and gusts up to 100. It will literally rip the doors off your car and it happens several times each year. Crown Point sits at the very end of the Columbia Gorge and the wind dissipates over the Portland Valley. Now we will be having a test on this tomorrow so everyone study up!

IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #6 - 11/03/11 at 06:31:33

Thanks everyone!
As far as what kind of camera, it says Motrax.co.uk on the front, and it was in the clearance bin at the local CycleGear for about $25 if I remember right.  Had to cobble together a mount to get the angle right on my helmet, and throw the elastic strap on so the wind wouldn't jiggle it around.

Stinger, sorry I didn't even think to try and get ahold of you. I just decided to go on the spur of the moment (like most of my rides Roll Eyes) when I saw the weather was decent. And yeah, the wind was blowing as usual up there, you can probably hear it at the beginning. That's what makes the Gorge so popular with windsurfers!

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
SuperSavage

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 11/03/11 at 20:35:07

Nice ride, lots of views and curves. I killed the sound and put on some Enya. Relaxing... Breathe in....and exhale. breathe in... and exhale.

IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #8 - 11/04/11 at 07:14:40

SuperSavage wrote on 11/03/11 at 20:35:07:
Nice ride, lots of views and curves. I killed the sound and put on some Enya. Relaxing... Breathe in....and exhale. breathe in... and exhale.

Thanks! Smiley That's why I went with "Jessica" and not something a little livelier. I figured it wasn't a peg-dragging ride, so I didn't need a death-metal soundtrack or anything. Grin Plus I just like that song.

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 16:32:55

General CategoryThe Cafe › Spielberg I ain't...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.