Send Topic Print
Mikuni Carburetors (Read 866 times)
spacepirates
Serious Thumper

Igni Ferroque

Pittsburgh, PA
Re: Mikuni Carburetors
Reply #30 - 04/17/12 at 05:44:26

I moved the clip back, but I still have the surging problem. Guessing at the exact throttle ranges, I'd say up to 1/8th throttle works just fine, then massive amounts of surging until you get to 3/4 throttle which is again, just fine.

I had hoped the issue would subside after the bike got warm (I had just woken up, cut me some slack on that gem of bad logic) but it didn't. kind of hard to drive to work in rush hour traffic using only barely open and WOT, ha ha.

Any idea what this could be? Day one, I changed out the main jet (broke the main jet extender) and moved the clip down one position. Day two, I moved the clip back up. Could I have screwed something else up here? could it be just low gas level, I'm just about ready to hit reserve in the next few miles?

Unfortunately I've got to go somewhere immediately after work on the bike and then get it home. lovely times will ensue, I'm sure.

--
Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.
  IP Logged
spacepirates
Serious Thumper

Igni Ferroque

Pittsburgh, PA
Reply #31 - 04/17/12 at 10:10:04

Might have had a brain fart last night. I put the needle through the metal plate that holds the cable in place instead of under it (so from the bottom up the order of parts is: throttle body, retention plate, needle clip, spring...). that would make the midrange super rich. hopefully a few minutes in the parking lot will help me correct this.

Do'h!

--
Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.
  IP Logged
Celeste
YaBB Newbies

87’ Savage. Favorite
Cougar I’ve met so
far.

Joplin Missouri
Reply #32 - 05/04/23 at 14:08:09

Is it possible to need a 15 on a stock motor?

Bikes are like Spouses… treat them right, and they probably won’t kill you.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/06/24 at 23:31:19

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Mikuni Carburetors

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.