Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
how do i removed the engine ..step by step ??? (Read 175 times)
danDmen
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

how do i removed the engine ..step by step ???
10/23/11 at 08:45:49

hi people good morning ....
winter is almost here and my raiding season is over i will like to take the engine out ...to work on it on the winter ...i have read a lot of information ....on many modes ...and fixex i will like to  do ...but i have not find any help on how to take off the engine ....i know that if i start takink screws out i will have it out at some point .....but there must be a nice organize way of doing this  

thanks

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: how do i removed the engine ..step by step ???
Reply #1 - 10/23/11 at 10:06:56

Remove seat, tank, rear wheel, exhaust, footpegs, ... everything in the frame that ain't the engine... then, remove engine...
Re-install in reverse order...

The more you try to shortcut,... the more you trouble it becomes later...
You want, all the wiggle room you can get...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
danDmen
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 10/23/11 at 10:11:42

well guys ...i have take the seats, tank battery ....all the covers for the belt ..the engine sproket ...and the belt ....i will be taking the muffler next .....but i need help in the actual engine .....

thanks for your help ...

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #3 - 10/23/11 at 10:31:15

Only working from memory...
battery and box,.. carb,.. crankcase vent tube,... all wires and cables (ground strap, clutch sensor, plug wire, starter wire, alternator, throttle cable, clutch cable, decomp cable) ... mounts at footpegs, head, bottom of engine, swingarm...
1,2,3,... grunt!....

Note... clutch sensor disconnects under the tank... alternator under the seat.. not at the engine...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #4 - 10/23/11 at 14:23:43

danDmen wrote on 10/23/11 at 08:45:49:
winter is almost here and my raiding season is over i will like to take the engine out ...to work on it on the winter ...i have read a lot of information ....on many modes ...and fixex i will like to  do ...but i have not find any help on how to take off the engine ....i know that if i start takink screws out i will have it out at some point .....but there must be a nice organize way of doing this  

thanks

Do you have a Clymer book?

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
sbaugz
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 10/23/11 at 17:27:20

I second the clymer recommendation. Check around and there are lots of places that have free downloads of the clymer (including here on this forum).

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #6 - 10/24/11 at 05:46:20

Ive changed the frames on 2 Ford pickups. I had no one advise me really, I did talk to a guy who had done it & ran thru hoiw I thot I should go at it, but mostly, its just take stuff apart & keep up with it.. but I wouldnt even go after taking the bike apart w/o a book. At least with an F150 I can go look at another one & see how stuff goes. But where ytou gonna find another one of these to look at if youre having problems? Get a book,, youll save yourself so much mental wear & tear, its worth it.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #7 - 10/24/11 at 06:59:24

I'm with sbaugz and JOG on this one.

Here's another tip.  Keep a digital camera handy.  You can even use your phone if its camera is decent and you have a lot of light.  Take a zillion pics at each stage.

Having a visual chronological record like this will really help six weeks from now.  The pics will be in order, so just use the pics in reverse order to reassemble.  The pics will also show how things fit together, so you'll have less of a tendency to leave things out or put them in backwards.

Sometimes things get so complicated it's handy to use the video so you can narrate what you are doing.  Even phones and $90 cheapo digital cameras have video these days.

One other suggestion.  Buy a couple of boxes of ziploc baggies, sandwich size and quart size.  Use them, with a note inside, to hold small groups of parts.

IP Logged
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Reply #8 - 10/24/11 at 08:24:05

If you have the space, lay the stuff out in a schematic on the floor, even if you have the Clymers.

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #9 - 10/24/11 at 12:34:52

Built2Last wrote on 10/24/11 at 08:24:05:
If you have the space, lay the stuff out in a schematic on the floor, even if you have the Clymers.

This is a good idea if the project is to be done in a day or two.  I seldom have that luxury.  That is why I have taken to using baggies and labels.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #10 - 10/24/11 at 22:19:35

A baggy with the nuts & bolts for each item removed, yap[ed to that item, means youll know which bolts go to the seat, & the tank, etc/

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
wombat

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 10/26/11 at 10:06:37

If you are tearing down the bike you'll find it easier to "remove" the frame not the engine. Since the frame is much lighter, just lean the bike over on its side, undo the bolts, then separate the frame from the engine. Much easier and less strain on your back.  

danDmen wrote on 10/23/11 at 08:45:49:

thanks

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 12:21:08

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › how do i removed the engine ..step by step ???

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.