Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Is anyone else's RAASK starting to blue? (Read 57 times)
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Is anyone else's RAASK starting to blue?
10/22/11 at 10:07:32

My RAASK pipe is barely starting to blue at the connection, I can't figure out if I don't have it pushed together tight enough (it's as far as I can get it pushed together) and there doesn't seem to be any air leak (tested with a lighter) but something doesn't seem right. I don't know if it's bent slightly from dropping it in the mud or what... but I've been getting some mini back fires (not decel pops)... little things like this drive me crazy

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Re: Is anyone else's RAASK starting to blue?
Reply #1 - 10/22/11 at 10:53:46

Mine did too. Apparently there is something left on the chrome when it is plated, and you have to polish it off before it gets hot for the first time. I didn't know this, and mine discoloured exactly like yours, and turned bright blue right at the head on that section between the head clamp and the heat shield. Some of that blue remover on a drill polishing cone took it off and once it was polished it didn't come back.
BTW it discolours at the joint because that is where the restriction is and it gets hotter there.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Reply #2 - 10/22/11 at 11:03:11

Uhh.. I expected it to blue around the header where it meets the head.. Mine is blue there I don't really care about that but I guess I'll polish it up. But the header pipe to muffler is what worries me.. I had problems getting it together right there.. I've noticed a few people on youtube have it wrapped right there...

Did you use the Blue Begone kit that comes with the drill bit cone or Blue-Job chrome polish kit (powdered nuts)?

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #3 - 10/22/11 at 11:12:43

Blue Job.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 08:25:38

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Is anyone else's RAASK starting to blue?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.