Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
First effort with movie maker (Read 84 times)
RidgeRunner13
Serious Thumper

haulin' the
groceries!

Mustang Island, Texas
First effort with movie maker
10/20/11 at 22:52:06

It's long, there's no music except the sound of my engine, & it was shot from my 950 because I'm working on the Savage at this time. Just part of my ride around town on a beautiful day. Cool

Wind me up & watch me run, I ain't never had too much fun!
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: First effort with movie maker
Reply #1 - 10/21/11 at 10:35:54

Too long for me to watch,.. but I skipped through...
Nice camera angle,.. and you got titling down...  
...the wave practice was a test of my sea legs... Grin...

Some interesting roads you got out there...
Any way to get a bit of you, and the bike in the shot?...

Keep ridin' n' shootin'... Wink...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
RidgeRunner13
Serious Thumper

haulin' the
groceries!

Mustang Island, Texas
Reply #2 - 10/21/11 at 11:14:09

There is a part after the weave practice when I get off & walk around the bike, so you can get a good idea of how it looks. That's most of the good riding there is on this little island. My wife usualy rides with me, but she is recovering from having both knees replaced & can't get on the bike right now. I told her I need some pics & video shot sso you can see me doing some of my 'stunts'.

Took my daughter & her new dog for a ride today, what a blast. Daughter has ridden since she was 4, but hates being a passenger. Her dog Charlie took to it like a duck to water. I may have a new riding buddy once I make a cover for the tank.

I need to cut it down some more, but that was a test of my non-existent editing skills. My wife used to edit some of my mini-stock races, she was way better than I am, but doesn't want to do it now. Oh well, After 35+ years with her I've learned to pick my battles, & this is one not worth the struggle.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #3 - 10/21/11 at 11:27:05

You, and your dog riding... that would make for a fun video!... Grin...

IP Logged
RidgeRunner13
Serious Thumper

haulin' the
groceries!

Mustang Island, Texas
Reply #4 - 10/21/11 at 12:25:59

I've had 3 dogs that liked to ride. The first was a chow/lab mix I got back in 1980 when I worked at a salvage yard. He was a true 'junk yard dog', afraid of nothing. He used to attack & kill rattlesnakes.
I had a Norton Commando back then & he would run alongside until he got tired, then when I stopped he would jump up in front of me sideways & put all 4 paws against the tank and lean back against me. I had him a couple of years before one day he just did this on his own. Shocked

When I had my first Savage, we had 2 beagles who would ride in front of me (not at the same time) while wearing a harness with a leash I looped around my neck. They both would stand on a cover I made for the tank so they wouldn't slip or scratch the tank. Wink

Charlie is a much smaller dog, my daughters' dog, not mine, as she's quick to remind me. He just rode today with her holding him while wearing a harness & leash. He didn't show any fear or tendency to jump off, so he may be a natural. We'll find out after I make a Sherpa material cover for the tank. Cool

IP Logged
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Reply #5 - 10/22/11 at 14:26:58

That's a long vid so I skipped through it as well, but those look like some fun lil curves!

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #6 - 10/22/11 at 15:20:16

Built2Last wrote on 10/22/11 at 14:26:58:
That's a long vid so I skipped through it as well, but those look like some fun lil curves!

I know!,... parts of it looks like a Motard course...

IP Logged
RidgeRunner13
Serious Thumper

haulin' the
groceries!

Mustang Island, Texas
Reply #7 - 10/23/11 at 08:57:08

Just save it for later this year when the weather is bad. Then you'll be able to appreciate a nice long ride in beautiful weather from an angle where you can imagine it's you riding the bike.  Grin Cool

IP Logged
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Reply #8 - 10/23/11 at 09:25:03

Quote:
I know!,... parts of it looks like a Motard course...

I'll race ya through it for $50

IP Logged
RidgeRunner13
Serious Thumper

haulin' the
groceries!

Mustang Island, Texas
Reply #9 - 10/23/11 at 11:31:12

If you look at the first part where I turn around at the beach, you'll see sand blowing across the road. One of the hazards in my town is that vehicles coming off the beach will have sand trapped in fenderwells, bumpers & other places & it falls out on the roads. Shocked

About a week ago, I was making the run back from the beach after checking the surface on the way out. Apparently, one of the cars that went back that way in the short time it took me to turn around & head back, dumped sand from behind the bumper about a 1/3 of the way into the tightest turn in that sequence. I came into it pretty hot, the rear end kicked out about about 1 1/2 feet & I caught it & went on my way. Pucker factor was about 12 on a scale of 10, & I credit part of being able to recover without going down to the tire I run on the rear. It has over 8000 miles on it now & looks to be good for at LEAST another 8K. Grin

What kind of tire is that good? Well, for me it's a car tire! Actually, a Veredestein Comtrac 175/75x16 van tire made in Holland. I would bet you would never guess that from the video!! Cool

Another big hazard comes from the many boats that spill water on the road as there being towed home. One of the funniest things I've ever seen though was when one of those bad ass H-D riders with all the H-D gear on pulled up beside a boat at a red light. If you live here you learn not to do that because some of these boats have automatic bilge pumps that can come on at any time. Sure enough, just as he stopped beside the rear of the boat, the pump came on & a 3/4" stream of bilge water shot out about 3' & drenched the guy. I know it wasn't funny to him but I almost fell out of the seat laughing. It's a lesson I learned the SAME way many years ago when we first moved here. Roll Eyes

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/03/24 at 04:22:13

General CategoryThe Cafe › First effort with movie maker

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.