Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Cheapest new OEM Suzuki parts source??? (Read 150 times)
RycaShawn

Ryca Fan

Los Angeles
Cheapest new OEM Suzuki parts source???
10/20/11 at 13:19:29

I want to buy a new head and cam cover assembly. Giving up on fixing my current head. The cheapest I found for part number 11100-24B10 was $669.46 at  www.cheapcycleparts.com

Where are you guys buying your parts from? Am I going to find this cheaper anywhere else? I am leaning towards a new head versus finding a used one because 1. It's difficult to find just the head, and 2. A used head may have the same cam journal issues as mine or other issues. New is new right?

IP Logged
Grand Strand

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Cheapest new OEM Suzuki parts source???
Reply #1 - 10/20/11 at 15:15:59

I have been faced with a similar dilemma, however I have used this  http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1268452150/5#5    and I’m using my head today. I have put ~ 3k on it this summer and will open it up this winter and reevaluate how it is doing. As a backup I have purchased a used head and cam, if and when I need to install it. So…. Are you sure that you cannot salvage your head?

Shout out to OldFeller for his work on this process. Thank you!  Smiley It is a fine piece of work. I have use a similar process in other engine work but I wouldn’t have thought about it on my recovering ride. Nice work and we appreciate it.   Smiley

Larry

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #2 - 10/20/11 at 15:21:58

$647.50... @ RonAyers.. not much cheaper...

http://www.ronayers.com/Search/N/687

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #3 - 10/20/11 at 17:45:39

I have a couple of shops where I can deal a little on parts. If they are making enough on just ordering and moving a part, they deal with me. It also saves shipping expense on a deal I might find online. One guy says he will meet any price I find. Help them out with cash...no debit or credit purchases. Never hurts to ask. They may kill you, but they won't eat you.  Grin

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
jef.savage
Serious Thumper

ridin' n slidin'

Boston, MA
Reply #4 - 10/21/11 at 05:49:40

$626.62 at BoulevardSuzuki.com

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #5 - 10/21/11 at 10:10:58

I had my local NAPA machine shop do head work for me on a used head.  It did not cost all that much to have a valve job done with new guides & springs, and the head milled 0.015" to insure flatness and a slight increase in CR.  Functionally it was as good as a new head and a lot less costly.  
I do understand that there are times when you just want the part to be new though; been there.

IP Logged
RycaShawn

Ryca Fan

Los Angeles
Reply #6 - 10/24/11 at 09:08:51

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 16:17:29

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Cheapest new OEM Suzuki parts source???

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.