Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Busy weekend off the bike (Read 77 times)
ksthumper

Olathe, KS
Busy weekend off the bike
10/17/11 at 19:48:10

Well started as a daily rider for work but I keep getting this idea in my head for what I wanted this bike to be: A hobby Cheesy

So far it's just been taking off parts and more parts. I've got a fender for a Virago that'll serve as a rear fender when I can get access to a welder. Side mount license plate comes in the mail HOPEFULLY tomorrow and I can mount my brakelight up (round trailer style). Replacing the turn signals this weekend when payday comes lol

When I get deeper pockets I'm investing in a better exhaust and new cables so they're not extra long. Parts for a spring solo seat are in the works too!

99 savage: k&n filter, .6 spacer mod, 152.5 main, stock pilot, open HD shorty "muffler" and currently working on bobbing.
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Re: Busy weekend off the bike
Reply #1 - 10/18/11 at 07:01:18

Lookin' good!

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
Fish

Who Shot Who In The
What Now?

(near) Tampa, FL
Reply #2 - 10/18/11 at 07:27:55

Looks cool. I really can't wait to get some drag-bars on my bike. I definitely prefer the look of those to the buckhorns.

IP Logged
ksthumper

Olathe, KS
Reply #3 - 10/18/11 at 07:32:53

The angle on the orig buckhorns was too much on the wrist for me. I picked those up at a harley parts store for 15 bucks. The only non-kosher part is measuring exactly where the guide holes go for the control pods.

99 savage: k&n filter, .6 spacer mod, 152.5 main, stock pilot, open HD shorty "muffler" and currently working on bobbing.
  IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Reply #4 - 10/18/11 at 07:35:13

A little bit here, a little bit there, that's a fun way to make minor changes and it allows you to keep riding the bike between. My bike has been in a constant state of evolution ever since I got it.

BTW: Does anyone know for sure if the cables from a bike with stock buckhorns are longer than the cables from a bike with the stock drag bars? (Seriously looking to swap my stock drag bar setup for some 10-12" Mini-apes or Z-bars this winter but don't want to invest a buttload in the cables if I don't have to)

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
Fish

Who Shot Who In The
What Now?

(near) Tampa, FL
Reply #5 - 10/18/11 at 07:37:38

Buying something from a Harley store for only $15! Unbelievable. Were they used?

IP Logged
ksthumper

Olathe, KS
Reply #6 - 10/18/11 at 10:05:44

Fish wrote on 10/18/11 at 07:37:38:
Buying something from a Harley store for only $15! Unbelievable. Were they used?

lol no, and actually there were a ton of other cheapo things i picked up. The chrome exhaust cover was 20, a couple of gaskets that were 2/3 bucks. I did the DIY risers with the 5/8ths sockets. That whole thing cost me like 12 bucks total.

IP Logged
Demin
Serious Thumper

We need more
chlorine in the gene
pool

Warren,Ohio
Reply #7 - 10/18/11 at 12:28:54

ksthumper wrote on 10/18/11 at 07:32:53:
The angle on the orig buckhorns was too much on the wrist for me. I picked those up at a harley parts store for 15 bucks. The only non-kosher part is measuring exactly where the guide holes go for the control pods.

Just remove the little tabs on the controls.It won't hurt them,plus you get adjustability on them.

Next project:finish '87 Savage custom/bobber/CHOP STYLE***DONE
finish '77 Yamaha XS650 bobber Bought another one
finish'79 Harley custom bobber(NEXT)
  IP Logged
Demin
Serious Thumper

We need more
chlorine in the gene
pool

Warren,Ohio
Reply #8 - 10/18/11 at 12:32:36

EJID wrote on 10/18/11 at 07:35:13:
A little bit here, a little bit there, that's a fun way to make minor changes and it allows you to keep riding the bike between. My bike has been in a constant state of evolution ever since I got it.

BTW: Does anyone know for sure if the cables from a bike with stock buckhorns are longer than the cables from a bike with the stock drag bars? (Seriously looking to swap my stock drag bar setup for some 10-12" Mini-apes or Z-bars this winter but don't want to invest a buttload in the cables if I don't have to)

The cables ARE longer for buckhorns.The cables for drag bars are not long enough for any bars,even Z bars.MAYBE if you reroute them for the Z's.Mine weren't.

Next project:finish '87 Savage custom/bobber/CHOP STYLE***DONE
finish '77 Yamaha XS650 bobber Bought another one
finish'79 Harley custom bobber(NEXT)
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/03/24 at 04:24:58

General CategoryThe Cafe › Busy weekend off the bike

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!