Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 ... 66
Send Topic Print
0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly" (Read 6458 times)
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Re: 0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly"
Reply #720 - 03/25/12 at 12:11:13

Gyrobob wrote on 03/24/12 at 18:09:42:
arteacher did something that looked like no wheat,... he didn't do anything like the Wheat Belly thing.

That's like a drunkard not drinking any Johnny Walker, but still downing a quart of wine, a sixpack of Bud, and a couple of martinis every day, wondering why he's still all f***ed up.

If you want to find out what happens if you do the Wheat Belly thing, then do the Wheat Belly thing: no wheat, no grains, no sugar, low-carb, moderate exercise.

So you are saying all carbs are the problem- not just wheat. Sounds like Atkins to me!

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #721 - 03/25/12 at 12:38:55

mpsecatori, No long shot at all,.. simply fact, borne out by the thousands of lives he (and others like him) have saved by getting their patients off of wheat and grains and sugar.  

Quite simple, actually.  Just five steps.  No wheat, no grains, no sugar, low-carb, moderate exercise.  

Using this regimen, his patients' atherosclerosis subsides obviating the need for bypass operations and devastating drugs, not to mention curing diabetes in a matter of weeks in many cases,... reported often on the WB FB page.

Deny it all you want, you can't just deny the results away.  It works. Thousands more every day are finding out.

Here's a thought.  Show me one case where someone (a person with no unusual medical problems,.. an "average" person) did that five step regimen mentioned above where health got worse.  You won't be able to do it, because the opposite always happens.

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Re: 0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly
Reply #722 - 03/25/12 at 12:40:25

arteacher wrote on 03/25/12 at 12:11:13:
Gyrobob wrote on 03/24/12 at 18:09:42:
arteacher did something that looked like no wheat,... he didn't do anything like the Wheat Belly thing.

That's like a drunkard not drinking any Johnny Walker, but still downing a quart of wine, a sixpack of Bud, and a couple of martinis every day, wondering why he's still all f***ed up.

If you want to find out what happens if you do the Wheat Belly thing, then do the Wheat Belly thing: no wheat, no grains, no sugar, low-carb, moderate exercise.

So you are saying all carbs are the problem- not just wheat. Sounds like Atkins to me!

Sure, there are similarities to Atkins and any other system that realizes the damage done by high carb levels causing blood sugar spikes.  This is a good thing.

And, yes, it is not just wheat.  Wheat is by far the worst problem, and if you get off of wheat, you eliminate a lot of problems.  All the other grains are harmful as well, simply because, like wheat, they are grains with high carbs, and because all grains have their own gluten.

Just tattoo this on the inside of your eyelids: GRAINS ARE BAD

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #723 - 03/25/12 at 13:41:19

Gyrobob wrote on 03/25/12 at 12:38:55:
mpsecatori, No long shot at all,.. simply fact, borne out by the thousands of lives he (and others like him) have saved by getting their patients off of wheat and grains and sugar.

What about the fact that Mpsecatori points out,... borne out by millions of Mediterranean peoples over generations?... Low fat, whole grain, plenty of fish, and wine?...
This is a diet Jesus would have eaten...  I'm guessin' God would steer him right...
Huh...
Quote:
The CBS Early Show's Dr. Emily Senay says studies show that the diet, which originated in Italy and Greece, reduces metabolic syndrome - a cluster of symptoms that puts people at a higher risk for heart disease and Type 2 diabetes. People who adhere to it are also at a lower risk for obesity, fat buildup in the arteries and high blood pressure.

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #724 - 03/25/12 at 14:29:28

serowbot wrote:
Quote:
What about the fact that Mpsecatori points out,... borne out by millions of Mediterranean peoples over generations?... Low fat, whole grain, plenty of fish, and wine?...

Think how well they would have done had they not ingested all that wheat?  

They survived in spite of the wheat, not because of it.  

IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #725 - 03/25/12 at 16:18:38

Gyrobob wrote on 03/25/12 at 14:29:28:
serowbot wrote:
Quote:

Think how well they would have done had they not ingested all that wheat?  

They survived in spite of the wheat, not because of it.  

Did a little research... not that I had to look very far to find the data I needed...

The peoples (as in "civilizations") who do NOT have virtually ANY grains in their diet are (without external intervention from "white man" aka the European explorer):
- the Inuit, aka Eskimos; live in mud huts or hide shelters in the summer, ice igloos in the winter;
- the Australian Aborigene;
- some "recently discovered, isolated" tribes in the Amazon basin and the jungles in Sumatra, Malaysia, Borneo.

They all fit in the "purely meat and a few veggies" regimen advocated by the fantasious doctor, all of them qualified for Advanced Neolithic at best, if not Mid Paleolithic.
Some used fire only if they found it burning, as they couldn't kindle it themselves.

They're all famous for living healthy lives, creating wonderful civilizations and living to the grand old age of 50-ish, after which avitaminosis kicks in and claims the bodies.
The Vitamin B complex can only be had from grains. It is VITAL for the correct funcioning of the nervous system
Ask Dr.Stupenduous where one can naturally get Vitamin B if not from grains.

As for Jesus, walk into any modern arabic restaurant and eat like a true Philistine, that's what Jesus ate.

NOT the Polish, Russian or Spanish menus claiming to be "Jewish" and handed down through the Middle Ages, those culinary habits were formed in regions which have nothing to do with Israel and Jesus.

Just walk into any Egyptian restaurant and order (I'll try to keep it grain free just this once):
- Babarannouj (purée of roasted aubergines)
- Hommos (purée of chick peas, they are legumes and should be OK)
- Foul (read as "fool") (purée of beans and olive oil)
- Tabbouleh (tomato and parsley salad with, guess what, whole boiled grains)
- Warah (vine leaves rolled and stuffed with rice and veggies)
- Boiled eggs with Huerrah (white sauce made with yogurt and chopped onion shoots)
- Keftah (fried meat balls, beef)
- Roast Lamb
- Roast Fish
Unfortunately, I will not be able to treat you to the other 90% of Arabic cuisine, because of the presence of rice
(which, let it be said, is NOT chinese, it is the one most common wild grain in the world, much more than wheat).
...not to mention all the sweets... Wink

I don't understand where you can get your vitamin D without drinking milk or eating fresh cheeses (not aged and dry but fresh like cottage cheese, ricotta or mozzarella),
or how you can get your vitamin B without any grains whatsoever.

You can easily get all your protein from legumes, provided you still resort to dairy and eggs for SOME animal protein which are fundamental and not present in legumes - i.e. that is why vegetarians may be healthy but have an overall poorer red blood cell count compared to their meat-eating neighbors.

Similarly, you can skip much fruit if you know where to get your vitamin C; bell peppers, for example, are actually much richer in vitamin C than oranges or lemons.

Honey is THE healthiest source of elementary sugars, which are vital.
Incidentally, did you know that the enzymes used by the bees to prodice honey actually protect your teeth from cavities?

"In vino veritas" said the Romans, and half a glass of proper red wine delivers more antioxidants and relieves heart stress far more than the average BP pill.

I think we should "rethink" our eating habits - in this I do agree with Gyrobob.

But I would like to see that ONE person who will stay on this diet for 50 years and live to tell.

Mr.Atkins died of a death he could have easily avoided, I'm told. Embarrassed

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #726 - 03/25/12 at 16:43:53

OK, OK.....I managed to borrow the book (I refused to pay good money for it) and I will have a look.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #727 - 03/25/12 at 17:09:30

arteacher wrote on 03/25/12 at 16:43:53:
OK, OK.....I managed to borrow the book (I refused to pay good money for it) and I will have a look.

Excellent!  I take back three of the things I said about you.  

Let's chat about the various areas covered in the book as you read through them.

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #728 - 03/25/12 at 17:30:19

mpescatori wrote:
Quote:
I think we should "rethink" our eating habits - in this I do agree with Gyrobob.

But I would like to see that ONE person who will stay on this diet for 50 years and live to tell.

Mr.Atkins died of a death he could have easily avoided, I'm told.  

Wow.  Something we agree on.  Feels good.

50 years from now, let's compare notes.  
-- Until then, the best I can do is a few folks I know who have been lowcarbers since the 80s. They are doing quite well.  
-- I have been a strict lowcarber since 2003, so I have almost a decade with that.  
-- Being a disciplined lowcarber means you don't eat very much wheat, because grains have lots of carbs,... so I guess I could claim to be a "min-wheater" for 9 years and a "no-wheater" for 1/2 year.
-- I have been wheat/grain free since October, and the life-changing improvements are so dramatic for me, I'll never ever eat any grains again.

Dr. Atkins did die an unfortunate death.  Quite preventable.  
-- A little sand on the icy steps would have prevented the fall that cracked his skull.
-- There is a myth circulated about his death caused by various statements made by organizations that hated the success of the Atkins lowcarb system.  They had to retract the statements, but you know what happens to interesting, although false, stories.  The truth?,...
  --- Atkins slipped, cracked his skull, went into a coma for several days and died.  
  --- No heart attack.  
  --- No obesity.  
  --- He was 6' tall and 195 pounds when admitted to the hospital.  
  --- When he died he was 258 pounds because of his internal organs failing during the coma causing bloating from fluid retention,.. quite common for a person in a coma about to die.

IP Logged
Boule’tard
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Master of the
Obvious

Austin TX
Reply #729 - 03/25/12 at 18:19:14

Ehh, took a wheating today (smoked a couple of cigarettes). I was building up a swingset/slide/playground thing at a neighbor's house, and HELLO, free pizza on the way.  I thought, how sad it is that after all this work I can't sit back with a cool one and have the pizza.  My ear's screaming at me anyway lately, so screw it.  MmmMMMmm good pizza  Smiley  Back on the wagon tomorrow..

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. - P.C. Hodgell
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #730 - 03/26/12 at 04:31:36

Boule’tard wrote on 03/25/12 at 18:19:14:
Ehh, took a wheating today (smoked a couple of cigarettes). I was building up a swingset/slide/playground thing at a neighbor's house, and HELLO, free pizza on the way.  I thought, how sad it is that after all this work I can't sit back with a cool one and have the pizza.  My ear's screaming at me anyway lately, so screw it.  MmmMMMmm good pizza  Smiley  Back on the wagon tomorrow..

There are lots of alternatives for pizza.  I have it several times per month:
-- Have the restaurant fix a crustless pizza.
   ---- Some places around here have it on the menu under various names.  In a few hours I'll be at Stevi B's where they make a marvy pizza with no crust.
   ---- If they don't have it as menu item, ask them to make it for you.  Several days ago at Bike Week, I went into BJ's right across from the track, and asked them for a crustless pizza.  The server said they had had a few people ask for that lately.  She said they'd have to charge normal price for pizza.  Okay, I said.  It was good -- a plateful of sauce, cheese, meat, and veggies.
-- Make your own wheat-free grain-free crust, then build your custom pizza on top of that.  There are several recipes available.

As for the cool one, Redbridge beer is pretty good and not made from wheat.  Most places have it, including Walmart.  It has a moderate amount of carbs, though, so don't be drinking six packs.

IP Logged
Boule’tard
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Master of the
Obvious

Austin TX
Reply #731 - 03/26/12 at 08:12:36

Thanks, I know they have wheatless alternatives for pizza, but I wanted to be carefree for a change.  Just another guy on the crew.  The neighbor's wife is actually very considerate, remembered me reading the WB book and asked if she could get me a salad instead. But I didn't want to be the "special needs" guy.

Symptoms? Meh.. my knees hurt.. 'course that's probably from picking up heavy timber all day.

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. - P.C. Hodgell
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #732 - 03/26/12 at 08:30:31

Boule’tard wrote on 03/26/12 at 08:12:36:
Thanks, I know they have wheatless alternatives for pizza, but I wanted to be carefree for a change.  Just another guy on the crew.  The neighbor's wife is actually very considerate, remembered me reading the WB book and asked if she could get me a salad instead. But I didn't want to be the "special needs" guy.

Symptoms? Meh.. my knees hurt.. 'course that's probably from picking up heavy timber all day.

That joint pain thing is one of the most often mentioned benefits from going wheat-free.  There have been several folks over the past few weeks on the WB FB page mention that within days of getting off wheat, their pain in all locations of joints improved a lot or went away altogether.

For me, the ability to twist my neck around with no pain is really nice.  Plus, working on my problematic RYCA build is a lot easier, since it involves a lot of knee and ankle bending to get down low enough to work on things a foot or two off the floor.  Now I can stand up easily with no pain, and no snapping/popping of the knees.

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #733 - 03/26/12 at 08:36:36

What helps my joint pain is the oil in my deep fried fish and hush puppies.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #734 - 03/26/12 at 11:32:17

bill67 wrote on 03/26/12 at 08:36:36:
What helps my joint pain is the oil in my deep fried fish and hush puppies.

you left out the brain fog

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 ... 66
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 02:34:45

General CategoryThe Cafe › 0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly"

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.