Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 ... 66
Send Topic Print
0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly" (Read 6458 times)
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Re: 0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly"
Reply #450 - 12/01/11 at 02:56:49

I thought that to be a seagull... or a cormoran...

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Re: 0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly
Reply #451 - 12/01/11 at 07:31:54

Wheat lobbyist (WL) to wheat marketer (WM),

WL, "We have a big problem."
WM, "What kind of problem?"
WL, "A heart healthy slice of whole wheat bread raises blood sugar higher than a Snickers bar."
WM, "So what's the problem?"
WL, "People might start to believe wheat is not healthful."
WM, "Hmmm, that's a big problem. Wheat contains fiber doesn't it?"
WL, "Yes. Where are you going with this?"
WM, "Fiber lowers blood sugar."
WL, "So?"
WM, "This why you don't have a career in marketing."
WL, "Huh?"
WM, "Tell them wheat has fiber. It lowers blood sugar, so wheat is healthful."
WL, "But wheat raises blood sugar higher than a candy bar."
WM, "And you are an idiot."

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #452 - 12/03/11 at 11:21:37

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #453 - 12/03/11 at 12:14:58

I get my needed blood sugar from wheat and candy bars,Keeps me healthy and slim.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #454 - 12/03/11 at 18:08:50

Oh Bill,..

I'll bet if you went to an owser party, you'd chant, "Bankers are good, Bankers are good, ... "

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #455 - 12/03/11 at 18:13:28

Over the past few weeks I've made/eaten an apple pie, two pumpking pies, chocolate chip cookies, plain cookies, a few loaves of bread, pancakes, hot cereal, muffins, and brownies.  Plus, of course all the normal stuff healthy people eat: meat, fish, veggies, fowl, fruit, etc.

All wheat/grain free.  Still losing weight.

So much for the complaint about not having anything to eat!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #456 - 12/03/11 at 23:10:53

Im down 18 pounds! Ive had no grain, little dairy, for , I think around 6 or 7 weeks. Im down to 150.. I have room to lose more.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #457 - 12/04/11 at 06:47:48

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 12/03/11 at 23:10:53:
Im down 18 pounds! Ive had no grain, little dairy, for , I think around 6 or 7 weeks. Im down to 150.. I have room to lose more.

Extremely impressive!!!  Have you experienced any of those other benefits I've been blabbing about?

You might stroll over to the FB Wheat Belly page and post a sentence about how it's working for you.  They love that kind of thing.

I'm only down about 10 pounds.  I'm not concerned about it not being more for three reasons...
 -- I started off at 212 lbs on a 6'3" frame.  Only a little heavier than I want to be.  Eventually I'll get below 200.  I just want to see a "1" in the hundreds column.  Haven't been there since my 20s.
 -- The waist is still getting thinner, which is exactly the way it is explained in the book.  It is from loss of visceral fat, the really unhealthy stuff that surrounds and invades internal organs.
 -- I wasn't after weight loss, primarily, in the first place.  I was after all the other stuff that has come about already.  No headaches, limber joints, easy sleep, more energy, skin clearer, no heartburn, lower blood pressure, etc., etc., etc.

Glad to hear of this.  A lot.  

Yay.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #458 - 12/04/11 at 08:23:34

No,, my reason for the battle is to defeat candida, in hopes my head will stop feeling so foggy. My energy level is somewhat better, but that just means I have a few hours a day when I dont feel liike I am hauling a fat slob on my shoulders. I still struggloe to find energy,, I feel disconnected, Im hoping that will change,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #459 - 12/04/11 at 15:35:22

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 12/04/11 at 08:23:34:
No,, my reason for the battle is to defeat candida, in hopes my head will stop feeling so foggy. My energy level is somewhat better, but that just means I have a few hours a day when I dont feel liike I am hauling a fat slob on my shoulders. I still struggloe to find energy,, I feel disconnected, Im hoping that will change,

My blood yeast problem was cured eventually back in 2003 when the Doc put me on no sugar, low carb, no fermented stuff, minimal salt, minimal manufactured food, etc.  Sorta like Atkins, but with more restrictions.  It took a few months for the yeast problem to be controlled, but it finally did work.  I wish the Doc and I would have known about wheat back then too.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #460 - 12/05/11 at 07:07:08

Did you feel lost, separated from the world? Foggy in the head? Tired?

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #461 - 12/05/11 at 07:59:38

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 12/05/11 at 07:07:08:
Did you feel lost, separated from the world? Foggy in the head? Tired?  

Only when I read bill67's posts.

jk

I felt that way some, but when I began low-carbing in 2003, it gradually went away.  There was no dramatic change, much like the nicer feeling in my joints -- more "rubbery" and much less pain.  The improvements happened so slowly it was hard to recognize.  It is not easily quantified like diabetes numbers or pounds lost.  

When I achieved a wheat-free-me, I got all those benefits I have been listing here much more quickly.  Relatively speaking, I do feel less foggy than before,.. because I have more energy and more of an ability to focus.  For example, I can make up a to do list now, and actually attack it and get things done.  A few months ago, I suppose I could have done that, but it didn't happen much. I spent more time dawdling on the internet, or couch potato-ing.

Chin up!!  Pip Pip!! Hang in there!  What have you got to lose?  You are healthier now than you were before, lost a lot of weight, and have a suspicion that your brain-fog is likely to diminish over time.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #462 - 12/05/11 at 08:10:33

Chin up!!  Pip Pip!! Hang in there!  What have you got to lose?  You are healthier now than you were before, lost a lot of weight, and have a suspicion that your brain-fog is likely to diminish over time.

It started almost 6 years ago, Ive seen times I was unable to get off the couch, but I am some better,, & hope for the future keeps me hanging on. OHH the cravings! Craving carbs tells me I am starving something out,

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #463 - 12/05/11 at 08:46:33

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 12/05/11 at 08:10:33:

It started almost 6 years ago, Ive seen times I was unable to get off the couch, but I am some better,, & hope for the future keeps me hanging on. OHH the cravings! Craving carbs tells me I am starving something out,

The cravings are supposed to go away pretty quickly.  This makes me suspect that you really do have a lot of things happening due to the yeast issues.  How would I know, though?

Do you have any idea as to what happened 6 years ago that caused the problem?

With me, the Doc told me it was from the life-long after-effects of being drowned in anti-biotics when I was 2 and 3 years old as part of a since-disproven treatment for polio.

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #464 - 12/08/11 at 17:50:10

On the Wheat Belly Facebook page over the last several days, a few more diabetics have shown up saying their Doc took them off of their meds because they appear to have no more problem with pancreas, insulin, blood sugar, etc.  They hesitate to use the word "cured" but if you are off the meds, it seems nearly as good.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 ... 66
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 06:30:17

General CategoryThe Cafe › 0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly"

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.