Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 66
Send Topic Print
0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly" (Read 6458 times)
drums1
Serious Thumper

'87 Savage
Bashed--Down for the
count

Racine, Wisconsin
Re: 0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly"
Reply #435 - 11/29/11 at 18:13:46

Windows magnifier?
I'm kinda more wondering how he rides a motorcycle with cataracts? (My dad had them and was almost blind)

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #436 - 11/29/11 at 18:17:45

my mom had them, they can remove the cataract and insert a new lens.

WWW   IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Re: 0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly
Reply #437 - 11/29/11 at 18:28:32

Starlifter wrote on 11/29/11 at 17:40:46:
"Are you guys really all that bothered about me using larger characters so I can see through the cataracts and reading glasses, etc.?"

Well then you can only read your own big font posts. How do you read everyone elses posts?  Roll Eyes

I squint.

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #438 - 11/29/11 at 18:29:47

drums1 wrote on 11/29/11 at 18:13:46:
Windows magnifier?
I'm kinda more wondering how he rides a motorcycle with cataracts? (My dad had them and was almost blind)

I didn't realize there were any motorcycles with cataracts.

Wink

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #439 - 11/29/11 at 18:33:46

verslagen1 wrote on 11/29/11 at 18:17:45:
my mom had them, they can remove the cataract and insert a new lens.

That operation is in my future.  I just have to decide when, and select the lens -- I have to choose whether I want to be nearsighted or farsighted.  Either way I'll always need glasses; either for distant vision (like I do now), or to see like an eagle far away, but require reading glasses for up close (and for reading these tiny-lettered posts!!!)

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #440 - 11/30/11 at 08:48:08

I promised myself that I wouldn't post on this thread again, but since it's current direction has nothing to do with diet, I will chime in:
I have had the cataract surgery done to both eyes. Before the first one I was quite apprehensive and after I couldn't wait to get the other done.
Get the lenses that allow you to see distance without glasses. That way you don't have to worry about prescription sunglasses, or driving glasses, and you can see where your going without any glasses.
I bought some +1.5 diopter glasses for the computer, and some + 2.5 for reading at the local drug store for $35 each. I do very small work on cameras, and use clip-on magnifiers for the really close stuff.
Also there are two levels of quality in terms of the lenses they put in. Get the good ones. They are silicone based. The brand name of mine is AMO (Advanced Medical Optics) model # Z9002. Worth every penny.
Hope this helps with your decision. BTW another big benefit of the surgery is colour perception. As you no doubt know the original equipment lenses we came with actually yellow over time, but slowly enough that it is not noticed. I went to an art gallery that I had been to many times before over my adult life and was completely blown away by the colours of familiar paintings.
PM me if you need any other info or just want to talk about it.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #441 - 11/30/11 at 09:00:49

My mother had that none 30 years ago,I didn't know they did that any more,I though it was all lazier surgery now.I know people with the lazier surgery and are happy with it. I think you can get it done for less than $2000 for both eyes.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #442 - 11/30/11 at 09:35:05

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Go82c4f1emc
Cataracts, which is the "fogging" of the lens calls for lens removal and replacement. The new procedure involves inserting a lance into the eye  to the side of the cornea, then emulsifying the lens with high frequency sonics, sucking the old lens out, and inserting the new lens through a tube. the new lens unfolds in the lens sack. The incision is very small, and you have use of the eye in 24 hrs, and complete recovery in less than a week.
Laser surgery is to correct near or far sightedness and astigmatism.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
drums1
Serious Thumper

'87 Savage
Bashed--Down for the
count

Racine, Wisconsin
Reply #443 - 11/30/11 at 10:21:50

Gyrobob wrote on 11/29/11 at 18:29:47:
drums1 wrote on 11/29/11 at 18:13:46:
Windows magnifier?

I didn't realize there were any motorcycles with cataracts.

Wink

Ummm, to rephrase my previous statement, I wonder how he rides a motorcycle safely, while being debilitated with cataracts. My dad had cataracts in both eyes. He told me that before his surgery to repair them, everything he was looking at was cloudy and blurry. I would consider that a safety issue, while riding a motorcycle.
I suppose, if one stretched his imagination, a corrosion induced clouded headlight lens could be considered a form of motorcycle cataract. Replacing the clouded lens would certainly correct this affliction.

Shocked Grin

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #444 - 11/30/11 at 10:47:49

To tie this back to the original thought, there is a relationship between wheat and cataracts.

Eating wheat causes lots of blood sugar spikes.  These large doses of blood sugar do all kinds of bad things (like diabetes), one of which is glycation,.. the bonding of a sugar molecule to a protein or lipid.  One of these clumps is called an advanced glycation end product, or AGE.

These AGEs end up in some very important places, doing serious and irreversible damage over time.  I'm talkin' places like joints, kidneys, arteries, brains, and,... you guessed it,... eye tissue (lenses, retina, lacrimal glands).

So, if I would have known about wheat forty years ago, I might not have cataracts now; or at least they might have been held off a little longer.

For those of you who are younger than I,..  Roll Eyes ... if the concept of cataracts bothers you, you might think about what wheat, and its AGEs, are doing to you.

This is from a study done by A.W. Stitt in 2001, "Advanced Glycation: an Important Pathological Event in Diabetic and Age-Related Ocular Disease"

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #445 - 11/30/11 at 10:56:12

Wink [/quote]

Ummm, to rephrase my previous statement, I wonder how he rides a motorcycle safely, while being debilitated with cataracts. My dad had cataracts in both eyes. He told me that before his surgery to repair them, everything he was looking at was cloudy and blurry. I would consider that a safety issue, while riding a motorcycle.
I suppose, if one stretched his imagination, a corrosion induced clouded headlight lens could be considered a form of motorcycle cataract. Replacing the clouded lens would certainly correct this affliction.

Shocked Grin
[/quote]

One doesn't go from perfect vision to blind over night.  The onset is quite gradual.  Right now he has 95% normal vision in the right eye, and about 90% in the left.  In daylight, there is no prob at all.  At night, the left eye looks like he is using glasses that might need cleaning.  Quite acceptable, but a little annoying.  If cutting out wheat stops this process (the situation gets no worse), he might not ever have the operation.  He'll report next year after the next eye exam.

IP Logged
splash07
Serious Thumper

Charleston, SC
Reply #446 - 11/30/11 at 11:21:21

pelicans can develop cataracts.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #447 - 11/30/11 at 12:36:55

must be from eating wheat.

WWW   IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #448 - 11/30/11 at 12:51:20

splash07 wrote on 11/30/11 at 11:21:21:

I have seen a few pelicans wearing glasses now I know why.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Boule’tard
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Master of the
Obvious

Austin TX
Reply #449 - 11/30/11 at 13:26:39

bill67 wrote on 11/30/11 at 12:51:20:
splash07 wrote on 11/30/11 at 11:21:21:

I have seen a few pelicans wearing glasses now I know why.

By George it makes SENSE now!!  Grin

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. - P.C. Hodgell
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 66
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 06:31:33

General CategoryThe Cafe › 0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly"

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.