Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 66
Send Topic Print
0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly" (Read 6458 times)
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Re: 0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly
Reply #420 - 11/23/11 at 15:26:43

arteacher wrote on 11/23/11 at 13:54:28:
Gyrobob wrote on 11/23/11 at 12:31:50:
Serowbot wrote on 11/23/11 at 11:20:27:
.............Wheatbelly and the other Paleo's are making up facts, using quack science, and creating myth.........

If you had read the book and checked out the hundreds of studies referenced, and/or done some research on your own, you'd see how untrue your statement is.

Besides, he didn't start off with a cool idea for selling books and then find studies to support it, he is a cardiologist.  He has had thousands of patients.  Over time he discovered that when he used the "approved" diets as espoused by the wheat lobby and the USDA, his patients got worse and he had to rely on heavy-duty drugs to keep them alive longer.  (big pharma is part of this fraud, btw)

After researching it himself and listening to recommendations from other doctors who recognized the same whole-grain stupidity, he started changing how his patients should eat.  After many years, he was able to keep them off the egregious drugs, and in many case make the heart disease actually go away.  (same with diabetes)

The fact that his patients now tend to get cured, rather than just survive a little longer (albeit with a terrible quality of life) through the use of the drugs is not quack science, it's what he does with real people.

Anyway, it is unfortunate that some here regard this whole discussion as just a tawdry effort by me to promote some book.  Hardly.  I'm not trying to do anything other than present the info.  This wheat-free thing REALLY works.  It does!  After researching it thoroughly, I felt it strongly enough that I decided to bet my health on it.  I am actually healthier,... in all kinds of ways as I've mentioned in previous posts.

I am at a loss to why there is so much resistance and argument here.  Why the accusations of quack science?  Why demean the guy who is on to something here that has saved a lot of lives, just in his practice?

Why fight me over this?  I can understand disinterest.  But why are there so many nasty remarks about the good things this wheat-free thing allows?  These aren't false claims.  Good things actually do happen.  I'm living proof.  My bod is different than it was while on wheat.  The daily pains and annoyances I had gotten used to over the past several decades, I had just come to accept as normal for a 64 year old guy.  Lots of these pains and annoyances are GONE!!  

sorry about the rant

You have a basic misconception Gyro. Dr Davis is singling out wheat as the bad guy, but it is the over-consumption of carbs that is the bad guy.
You think no wheat has improved your health, and I won't argue that possibly it helped a bit, but the big improvement in your health is more due to the way you are eating in general. Don't forget, I went off JUST WHEAT for a month and it did me no good at all. How well would Dr. Davis's patients have done if he had made no changes to there diet other that saying "no wheat". What he did was recommend a healthy diet that contained no wheat and changes in lifestyle as well. (more exercise, and generally more activity.) Of course they improved.
The main reason that people have been attacking you and the book is the zealousness of your presentation and the abrasiveness of your defense of the book. This may sound strange, but the fact that you post in a larger bold face font also annoys people, whether they realize it or not. It gives the (subliminal) impression that you feel that what you have to say is more important than what everyone else has to say.
If it is any consolation I still am not eating as much wheat as I used to before I cut it out altogether, but along with that I have reduced my carb intake in general ( I still pig out on spaghetti, my absolute favorite food).

You are just another one of the misinformed, spouting off about the fallacies in the book, without ever having read the book.  If you had read the book, or at least verified some of the research, your remarks might have some credibility.

You have also missed some of my main points, some of which I made directly to you!  This statement shows what I mean: "You think no wheat has improved your health, and I won't argue that possibly it helped a bit, but the big improvement in your health is more due to the way you are eating in general."  The big improvement is due to no wheat.  That is the only change I made.  I changed almost nothing about "the way I am eating in general."  Just grains.  I went from low-carb including grains (mainly wheat) to low-carb without grains (mainly wheat).  No other changes.   I guess you forgot about me telling you that.

Let me restate it.  All the improvements I have noted so far are due to not having wheat (or other grains) anymore.  Everything else,... diet, exercise, carb levels,.. are the same.

Also, what you did about not eating wheat had very little to do with Dr Davis's accomplishments.  If you were to tell him what you did, he would say that was interesting, but had very little chance of success.   You and he both note that low-carbing is essential.  If all you do is cut out wheat, but replace it with huge carbs from other grains, you will not realize much of an improvement.

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #421 - 11/23/11 at 15:43:42

"If you do all you research, from the evidence and references in one book,... you will come to the same conclusion as that book does...This is equivalent to faith based research...  "  Very true.  That is why I did several evening's worth of my own research.  I not only fleshed out the references in the book, all of which were valid, I found another 30 or so of my own.  I was very sceptical when I started this.  As I researched it more and more, it became obvious that the Doc is on to something here.

"We need our carbs..."  We sure do.  We need healthy carbs from veggies, fruits, and nuts,... and we need them in low enough levels so the body burns fat for energy instead of carbs.

« Last Edit: 11/24/11 at 05:07:04 by Gyrobob »  

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #422 - 11/24/11 at 03:44:10

Happy Turkey Day, one and all!

Smiley

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Re: 0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly"
Reply #423 - 11/24/11 at 03:51:35

Arteacher, over and out.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #424 - 11/24/11 at 06:44:58

Besides, he didn't start off with a cool idea for selling books and then find studies to support it, he is a cardiologist.  He has had thousands of patients.

Any medical doctor, any researcher would resent such a statement and immediately argument it.

Where is his database of patients? Wisconsin? So, Wisconsin is good enough to represent ALL of the USA, ALL of your hemisphere, ALL of the planet?

Any California, Florida, Alaskan or New England medical practitioner would immediately argue with that.

Not to mention anybody anywhere else in the world.

I have watched Dr.Davis' video on Youtube and the FIRST thing he says is "modern wheat [in the USA] is genetically modified and is not the same as our grandparents ate many years ago".
THAT line has been understated all along.

Other than that, suggesting to use ground almonds instead of wheat flour, or even flaxseed...

For heaven's sake, in Europe we use linseed as a PAINT stabilizer, and he wants us to EAT it?  Tongue

I don't care if flaxseed is theoretically edible, so are cats and goldfish, and even processed cow dung is theoretically edible, but I pass all of the above.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all, eat your WHEAT biscuits and your CORN bread and your pumpkin pie with a proper crust and enjoy it all !!!  Smiley

Parting shot: in a science fiction book of his, biologist and SciFi author Isaac Asimov observed that the human body requires three generations to adapt to a new environment, in his case, a 2++G superplanet where the original settlers required artificial transportation and their grandchildren would happily trot about.

Now... Isaac Asimov was a BIOLOGIST and taught in University... he's got to be credible...  Wink

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #425 - 11/24/11 at 08:08:35

mpescatori wrote on 11/24/11 at 06:44:58:
Besides, he didn't start off with a cool idea for selling books and then find studies to support it, he is a cardiologist.  He has had thousands of patients.

Any medical doctor, any researcher would resent such a statement and immediately argument it.

Where is his database of patients? Wisconsin? So, Wisconsin is good enough to represent ALL of the USA, ALL of your hemisphere, ALL of the planet?

Any California, Florida, Alaskan or New England medical practitioner would immediately argue with that.

Not to mention anybody anywhere else in the world.

I have watched Dr.Davis' video on Youtube and the FIRST thing he says is "modern wheat [in the USA] is genetically modified and is not the same as our grandparents ate many years ago".
THAT line has been understated all along.

Other than that, suggesting to use ground almonds instead of wheat flour, or even flaxseed...

For heaven's sake, in Europe we use linseed as a PAINT stabilizer, and he wants us to EAT it?  Tongue

I don't care if flaxseed is theoretically edible, so are cats and goldfish, and even processed cow dung is theoretically edible, but I pass all of the above.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all, eat your WHEAT biscuits and your CORN bread and your pumpkin pie with a proper crust and enjoy it all !!!  Smiley

Parting shot: in a science fiction book of his, biologist and SciFi author Isaac Asimov observed that the human body requires three generations to adapt to a new environment, in his case, a 2++G superplanet where the original settlers required artificial transportation and their grandchildren would happily trot about.

Now... Isaac Asimov was a BIOLOGIST and taught in University... he's got to be credible...  Wink

You are archetypical proof that paradigms can indeed overrule facts and logic anytime.

IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #426 - 11/28/11 at 10:38:35

"You are just another one of the misinformed, spouting off about the fallacies in the book, without ever having read the book."

Why would you expect anyone to read this book and accept it as truth when you read sciencetific data presentrd to you and dismiss it all as lies?

"You are archetypical proof that paradigms can indeed overrule facts and logic anytime."      

What a perfect example of yourself.

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #427 - 11/28/11 at 19:13:59

Gyrobob wrote on 11/24/11 at 08:08:35:
You are archetypical proof that paradigms can indeed overrule facts and logic anytime.

I know you are ,.. but what am I?... Grin...

... and PS,.. the big font thing is asinine,... it does nothing for your argument, and uses up desk space...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #428 - 11/28/11 at 20:00:48

Serowbot wrote on 11/28/11 at 19:13:59:

... and PS,.. the big font thing is asinine,... it does nothing for your argument, and uses up desk space...

Kinda like thingy envy... shows how really little he is.

WWW   IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #429 - 11/28/11 at 21:28:35

verslagen1 wrote on 11/28/11 at 20:00:48:
Serowbot wrote on 11/28/11 at 19:13:59:

Kinda like thingy envy... shows how really little he is.

Are you guys really all that bothered about me using larger characters so I can see through the cataracts and reading glasses, etc.?  If so, why?

« Last Edit: 11/29/11 at 06:42:29 by Gyrobob »  

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #430 - 11/28/11 at 21:40:04

Here's a little "puter tip" from JOG...  Control and + on your keyboard, and you'll be able to read everyone's comments, instead of just your own...
Accessibility settings in your 'puter will magnify your entire screen,... and settings in the "view' menu of your browser  will magnify all your browser viewing...
Your cataracts are no longer any excuse for being rude...
http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1322401586

So, you can only read your own posts?... it all makes sense now....

Really?... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #431 - 11/29/11 at 06:41:25

I know all that.  I was just wondering what the reason is for some of you being so bent about someone using larger characters.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #432 - 11/29/11 at 08:33:45

I have no prob with the font by Bob..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
drums1
Serious Thumper

'87 Savage
Bashed--Down for the
count

Racine, Wisconsin
Reply #433 - 11/29/11 at 09:59:12

Roll Eyes

(no comment)

IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #434 - 11/29/11 at 17:40:46

"Are you guys really all that bothered about me using larger characters so I can see through the cataracts and reading glasses, etc.?"

Well then you can only read your own big font posts. How do you read everyone elses posts?  Roll Eyes

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 66
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 08:33:16

General CategoryThe Cafe › 0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly"

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.