Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
They say there are no dumb questions... (Read 343 times)
Bobber Fett

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Chapel Hill, NC
Re: They say there are no dumb questions...
Reply #15 - 10/09/11 at 15:45:16

I have an old snap switch in the NC configuration and was thinking of building a custom bracket to mount it, but will the new handle fit in the old handle's place on the bike?  has anyone tried it (without a master cylinder trade out)?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #16 - 10/09/11 at 16:03:15

Be careful here,, Ive been real bad about not spending a dime when I could make something work,, & later realized I had WAY too much time in it & wuld have been better off just buying a new one,,

& what happens when you get 5 hours in & realize its not gonna work as well as you want it? Will it handle a rainstorm?

Buy a new switch,, & spend that fabrication time doing something that needs done around the house,, or take somone out to a movie,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #17 - 10/10/11 at 20:09:29

Time spent tooling on a mc is not wasted unless you get all like throwing stuff and cussing the dog. It is as relaxing as riding if done right. When I grew up I decided I was never going to work on a vehicle in the freezing cold at night with a flashlight that you had to shake constantly. Unless it was an emergency. Working on your emergency detecting skills is good, too.  Grin

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
Bobber Fett

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #18 - 10/11/11 at 09:09:20

Yeah, I've been really busy and unable to respond, but I've been looking into buying a master cylinder to go the "full on replacement" route and it's not exactly inexpensive.  The few I've found have been either expensive or in really bad shape and need parts replaced.

Does anyone know if the front master cylinder from the VS1400 is the same?  Looking at the parts list from some of the OEM parts websites, they have the same part number.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #19 - 10/11/11 at 17:33:18

& yes, they SAY there are no dumb questions, but I was watching TV the other nite & someone actually asked

Whats the number to 911...

& THAT M'frinz, is just DUMB..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
greenmonster

Hellooooo Nurse!

Vancouver BC
Reply #20 - 10/12/11 at 11:01:47

The number is 9 and 11. If you can't find the 11 on your phone it's because you're not looking hard enough!

IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #21 - 10/14/11 at 15:28:54

Isn't that the point of the conversation you politely ask the guy with the cute mask to put down his gun and help you with your "new phone" Wink

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #22 - 10/14/11 at 15:33:05

naw you say "here's my phone" and as you hand him you 1 billion volt tazer phone you ask " do you want my wallet too? "   Cool

WWW   IP Logged
BurnPgh
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #23 - 10/17/11 at 07:36:04

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 10/11/11 at 17:33:18:
& yes, they SAY there are no dumb questions, but I was watching TV the other nite & someone actually asked

Whats the number to 911...

& THAT M'frinz, is just DUMB..

My area's emergency number wasnt 911 for a long long time.
It was 795-3000.
If you called 911 you got city of Pgh not the most local dispatch. Eventually the area grew too big for its area code and now has 2.
412 and 724.
When that happened you had to dial the local area code before the number all the time, so the emergency number was switched to 911 so you didnt have to dial 10 numbers and 2 different local dispatch area codes....except i wasnt aware of that when my coworker had a seizure. I didnt know if my new job was 412 or 724, what the local dispatch number was, or if it under city of Pgh's 911.
Yes...I did, in fact, ask what the emergency number was and imagine how stupid i felt when i was told with an incredulous look ..."911"

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 14:19:11

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › They say there are no dumb questions...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.