Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Friend rode here from Seattle... (Read 132 times)
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Friend rode here from Seattle...
10/04/11 at 20:29:24

Yep, rode his VN1500 Drifter from the town of Pacific Washington. Got here Saturday afternoon. Took him a week and a half or so, several side trips on the way (like Route 66).

He said he's going to start trying to resurrect my customized Scrambler project sometime this week. Then Lisa's customized scrambler project.

He's staying at the guest trailer, for as long as he needs it. His stuff should get here this weekend or early next week.

Any of you who used to frequent Bent Bike in Auburn Washington may know him. Drifter Doug, was the HD and heavy metric cruiser guy before me.

Looks like the bike shop idea may be back on track... he has heart trouble, isn't likely to find all that great a job at age 60... So he's our new game/grounds keeper. And farm hand. And produce stand minder.

I think i read somewhere that you are supposed to help your friends when they are in need...

Stop by and say Hi if you're in the area.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Fish

Who Shot Who In The
What Now?

(near) Tampa, FL
Re: Friend rode here from Seattle...
Reply #1 - 10/04/11 at 21:30:53

Now that's a helluva ride. It's refreshing to see some buddies stick together like that. If you do get a bike shop going I wish ya'll the best.

IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #2 - 10/04/11 at 22:34:15

hi

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Reply #3 - 10/05/11 at 04:43:24

Be careful on Route 666.. I heard that road never ends... in fact, I had to pull off to the side to post this from my mobile... yeah I'm still getting service somehow..

Glad to see your buddy going at full steam there, that's a long ride... and that you can help take care of him...

Good luck with the shop, what are you gonna call it?

IP Logged
skatnbnc
Serious Thumper

Spinning Pink

New Bern NC
Reply #4 - 10/05/11 at 20:35:02

Awesome ride!

Don't forget, if my medical bills force me out of my house I'm coming over to take care of animals and help with the farming in exchange for a place to pitch my tent!  Wink

Oh, and I have years of experience in managing office paperwork, billing, vendors, ordering parts, etc - you'll need me for the shop too.  Cheesy

Whoot!

2006 LS650, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, badge-free zone, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, the one in FRONT of you, flying the Kings Colours
  IP Logged
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Reply #5 - 10/05/11 at 20:41:18

I'm pinching my tent too.. thinking of mysterious john... woot

IP Logged
Fish

Who Shot Who In The
What Now?

(near) Tampa, FL
Reply #6 - 10/06/11 at 18:51:00

Built2Last wrote on 10/05/11 at 20:41:18:

What?

IP Logged
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Reply #7 - 10/06/11 at 19:00:41

Fish wrote on 10/06/11 at 18:51:00:
Built2Last wrote on 10/05/11 at 20:41:18:
What?

Beer... makes me silly..

IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #8 - 10/06/11 at 19:08:44

WD. That is so nice that you not only open your
arms to welcome your friend, you opened your
home to him as well. Sounds like a friendship that
will never end.
Sounds like a wonderful ride he had and a nice way
to say so long to the PNW and head East..
Remember to save my little piece of land for my tent
as well... Wink  kim

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Re: Friend rode here from Seattle... updated.
Reply #9 - 10/09/11 at 07:44:55

Sites to locate yurts and cabin tent pads are being chosen. Goal is to set up some bike friendly camping facilities, some near the water, some in the groves near the blacksmith shop. Fire rings and state park style elevated heavy iron cooking grilles will be at the camping sites and at the micro beaches being cleared/sanded around the pond.

Orchards are in the process of being mowed. To German/Scandanavian park grounds standards. Within a couple years there will be no more weeds, just lush Bermuda grass lawns with the old pecan trees standing watch in them.

Skat, the old tenant house site (with hand pump well) is perfect to add another guest trailer. Or I can move the motorhome back there for you, just need to clear a few trees. City water has already been run back to there as well.

There will be plenty of era correct heritage breed animals for people to enjoy here. They help keep the insects and weeds under control. Rental/leased garden plots. Repaired and new docks and swim floats. Pool restoration will start this winter, hot tub should be here next week.

Jack, my soon to be 86 years old father in law, has been out riding pillion on the Drifter. He's getting "his" (Lisa's) CL100 back from the mechanic at the farm co-op, Doug and I will replace the damaged carb, and he is going to start riding again. Quit riding when he was 78 or so and couldn't find parts for the 100. Going to get the 250 running for him if he wants to ride some of the roads around here.

You guys are always welcome to come by the farm. It's still a mess, but...

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #10 - 10/09/11 at 09:40:47

Projects that size are & will be a mess for years,, its just the way it is.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
skatnbnc
Serious Thumper

Spinning Pink

New Bern NC
Reply #11 - 10/09/11 at 19:26:52

"Skat, the old tenant house site (with hand pump well) is perfect to add another guest trailer. Or I can move the motorhome back there for you, just need to clear a few trees. City water has already been run back to there as well.
There will be plenty of era correct heritage breed animals for people to enjoy here. They help keep the insects and weeds under control. Rental/leased garden plots. Repaired and new docks and swim floats. Pool restoration will start this winter, hot tub should be here next week."

DIBS on that tenant house! I can do historic restoration, know full well how to use a ahnd pump and I have experience with caring for heritage chickens, sheep, cattle and horses.
And I am dang good with hand crafts like spinning, open hearth cooking, weaving baskets, dying wool, drying herbs, that sort of thing. I think we have talked about it awhile ago, but I have not forgotten!  Smiley

Oh yeah Justin - that's the beauty of it; you are never really done and there's always another project to keep you occupied!

2006 LS650, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, badge-free zone, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, the one in FRONT of you, flying the Kings Colours
  IP Logged
SuperSavage

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 10/09/11 at 20:42:36

W, it sounds like you have a large piece of property with a huge potential, and an even larger heart! God bless that there are good guys like you left on this crazy planet. I can smell a Savage-fest-a-palooza down the road.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #13 - 10/09/11 at 20:48:53

Oh yeah Justin - that's the beauty of it; you are never really done and there's always another project to keep you occupied!

Ohhh How welll I know,, Smiley

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/03/24 at 02:09:22

General CategoryThe Cafe › Friend rode here from Seattle...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.