bike shutting off. (Read 115 times)
janeezy
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Arizona
bike shutting off.
10/03/11 at 21:56:26

Hello, So I'm new to riding so please bare with me. I recently purchased a new Suzuki S40 and have 125 miles on my bike. (the dealership "lost" the manual I'd be reading it otherwise) Tonight while driving home I was stopped at a light and when I went to go it just died. took forever to get it to start up, it's like it didn't have power. Finally it started up (seemed like forever) and I had to stop again @ a now red light...it died again struggled to start up. Got her going again was doing fine shifting then I had to stop, I wasn't able to get it into 1st gear after I stopped (i hold in the clutch and break then drop the gears down once stopped) then I had to go and it died (pretty sure being in 3rd gear was the reason here. I pulled over check to make sure everything was in order (choke was in, it was on fuel kick stand up) then I stopped again and well it kept shutting off at stops. I verified I was in 1st @ the remaining stops and can't seem to figure out why it's doing this. It also seemed to be struggling on the ride once I got a nice road with all green lights. Thanks so much for any help you can provide. I filled the tank @ 50 miles and the gas light is not on. thx again.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: bike shutting off.
Reply #1 - 10/03/11 at 22:11:10

Welcome to the zoo   Grin

1st, you can download a manual here...
http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?board=tech;action=display;num=1138554254

2nd, there's no 'low fuel light' at least not if it was added this year.

Anytime you have a fuel issue, try it in prime.  You might just need gas.

WWW   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #2 - 10/03/11 at 22:19:16

a tip on shifting, apply pressure in the direction you want to go, clutch it and it should pop right in.

while at a stop, don't get frustrated and stop stomping on it.  you'll just bend the shift dogs.  apply pressure and slowly let out the clutch and just as it grabs, it should pop in.

WWW   IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #3 - 10/04/11 at 04:07:08

Take it back to the dealer- It is under warranty.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #4 - 10/04/11 at 08:19:50

So 75 miles on the tank, right?  If you didn't fill it full enough, you could just be low.  Just a thought.  Be sure to fill it up close to the bottom of the neck.  100 miles or so is about max on a full tank for most of us.  

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #5 - 10/04/11 at 08:21:21

Oh yea, forgot... welcome to the zoo, as Vers said.   Grin   I'm always glad to see more women to help me keep the beasts in line around here!

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
greenmonster

Hellooooo Nurse!

Vancouver BC
Reply #6 - 10/04/11 at 08:45:07

Is there any chance this could be something as simple as the tank hitting reserve?
I never use my reserve so I don't know what the range is there. Especially not in miles.

IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #7 - 10/04/11 at 19:45:01

babyhog wrote on 10/04/11 at 08:19:50:
So 75 miles on the tank, right?  If you didn't fill it full enough, you could just be low.  Just a thought.  Be sure to fill it up close to the bottom of the neck.  100 miles or so is about max on a full tank for most of us.  

I'd bet on these last 2 posts !

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 20:37:21

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › bike shutting off.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.