Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Re: Opinions needed
Reply #30 - 10/06/11 at 12:57:01

By Jove, I think he's got it!   Smiley

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #31 - 10/06/11 at 14:12:56

It does have a nice speedometer and tach.My mistake thats the owls eyes.

« Last Edit: 10/07/11 at 04:50:47 by bill67 »  

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
JohnBoy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #32 - 10/06/11 at 23:01:43

"Respect", from a 650cc single pushing 28 horses? I love this little bike ...but come on. I think some Vespas got us beat.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #33 - 10/07/11 at 02:42:01

Ive held off saying anything,, It looks more like an owl than most owls,, dont like any of it.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #34 - 10/07/11 at 07:53:18

no one here has been rude or anything about saying they dont' like this design, it's okay to not like this, but I'm not going to bend over backwards to please one or two people while making myself unhappy. I understand that I'm facing an uphill struggle with the skull design, how dare I make a skull that's not scarey . . . blasphemous! whatever.  that's the difference between respect and fear, I don't fear death, I respect it. and I accept it.  the respect was never about the bike although all riders and rides should be respected as people at the very least. so the word respect may make it's way back into this design I just couldn't get it to work with this one, no time to really play with the word placement/font/etc. . ..

some of you all have helped me create something I really like and I thank you for that.

so, now I'm very undecided about ever showing this site anything creative from me again, no one here seems to enjoy it so why waste the effort, on the other side, some of you really did help improve my design and I'm much happier about this now than I was when it began. And this doesn't have to be the only version of this design, I can replace the wings with other things, maybe some kind of tribal pattern, or just beveled lines or or or . . .  so maybe this is just a starting point

whoooo whoooo  

Tongue

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #35 - 10/07/11 at 08:16:43

Oh please don't let the downers stop you from sharing.  It is hard to put yourself out like that, but like you said, you can never please everyone!  Just remember that going into it, and walk away with the constructive stuff.  Considering the negative has to help too though, otherwise we would always assume what we like is best.  Everyone has a different perspective.  We learn from all of them, good or bad.      

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Reply #36 - 10/07/11 at 08:21:29

I like the new ones, the clean sunburst one or without the sunburst with "Ride" is good... with the more evil skull.. even some devilish eyes...

You asked for opinions, and you got them. Don't stop, keep working on it.. let's get some "Ride" shirts/patches/back patches printed up Cheesy

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #37 - 10/07/11 at 09:04:05

constructive critism is good, but hardly anyone knows how to give it.
so you end up with negative BS.  I watched some chef challenge the other day... now there was a master of the back handed compliment.

You're going to get this all your life.  Learn to filter the BS and hear the good stuff.

The skull and wings gives the the impression of an owl.  Probably cause its all round, even though you have a scallop at the bottom.  When you added the teeth, I got that it was a skull.  No, a skull doesn't have to be scarry, but some design features must be present or it looks like something else.

Keep up the good work, as Dr. George always said "to increase you rate of success, increase your rate of failure".  Don't take failure as a bad thing, doing nothing is.

WWW   IP Logged
RidgeRunner13
Serious Thumper

haulin' the
groceries!

Mustang Island, Texas
Reply #38 - 10/07/11 at 09:07:01

I do things to please myself. If it also pleases others, great! If not, oh, well. I have to doubt their taste! Roll Eyes

You may have noticed we have some members who like to fling poo at just about everything! Don't let their reactions shape your work or you'll end up with something you don't like. And your the one that has to live with it & say I did that. Wink

Ride to live & live to ride, but ride wharever you like, & don't apoligize for it. If your on 2 wheels, that's all that matters! Grin

I'll put my soapbox away for now.......... don't make me have to get it out again!!! Cool

Wind me up & watch me run, I ain't never had too much fun!
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #39 - 10/14/11 at 10:26:14

So did you choose a design for your class?

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #40 - 10/14/11 at 10:46:25

yup!

see reply 29 or

www.zazzle.com/JustRide

was going to get more stuff up on the zazzle store before I posted it here, so more to come!  

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #41 - 10/14/11 at 12:54:45

Very cool.   Smiley 

Now I gotta find my piggy bank....

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #42 - 10/14/11 at 13:18:40

As an art student, an exhibitor, and an art teacher, I have learned how to take and how to give criticism.
A student can show me pure crap and I always find something positive to say about it, and offer suggestions for improvement. When I mark student work I always use a rubric that includes a large (usually 30%) portion for effort. That way a student who has little or no talent can pass if they work hard, and a gifted student that just coasts does not get a really high mark.
I also tell them it's their art project and if they don't follow my advice that's ok too.
The key to handling negative criticism is to be able to justify your artistic decisions to whomever is doing the criticism, and  to take their remarks with a grain of salt.
If you ask for critical advice be prepared to take the good with the bad, know who to listen to and who not to, and thank everyone anyway. Wink

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Reply #43 - 10/14/11 at 13:40:28

Looks great and I'd buy one if ya had a patch...

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #44 - 10/14/11 at 16:18:20

arteacher wrote on 10/14/11 at 13:18:40:
As an art student, an exhibitor, and an art teacher, I have learned how to take and how to give criticism.
A student can show me pure crap and I always find something positive to say about it, and offer suggestions for improvement. When I mark student work I always use a rubric that includes a large (usually 30%) portion for effort. That way a student who has little or no talent can pass if they work hard, and a gifted student that just coasts does not get a really high mark.
I also tell them it's their art project and if they don't follow my advice that's ok too.
The key to handling negative criticism is to be able to justify your artistic decisions to whomever is doing the criticism, and  to take their remarks with a grain of salt.
If you ask for critical advice be prepared to take the good with the bad, know who to listen to and who not to, and thank everyone anyway. Wink

I think I did pretty good with that in this case. yeah I gave some snark back, but I got some snark too, all is fair, all is good Smiley

on the patch, looked into a bit, not really very much though yet, seems like usually they are kind of expensive, like a buy in bulk is better idea kinda thing. I'll look into it more later but right now, the costs seem prohibitive. Sad

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/03/24 at 02:12:49

General CategoryThe Cafe › Opinions needed

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.