Send Topic Print
Opinions needed (Read 443 times)
LostArtist
Ex Member

Opinions needed
10/03/11 at 18:02:40

would you wear either this:

or this:

as a t-shirt, imagine the silhouette is of a Savage or whatever you are riding and and a better more dramatic angle.  

just a rough idea right now. need to design a t-shirt for my graphic design class, this is my default idea if I don't get any more time to work on anything else.  

IP Logged
lukeduck

"Come to terms
with the ass that
bears you"

Ontario, Ca.
Re: Opinions needed
Reply #1 - 10/03/11 at 18:12:25

Would depend on the quality and price. I'm cheap and expect things to last for ever. Aside from that it's not a bad looking design.

IP Logged
Boule’tard
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Master of the
Obvious

Austin TX
Reply #2 - 10/03/11 at 19:37:17

Both bird designs are cool but the 2nd one might look too much like the ford thunderbird logo.

The bike silhouette can be cleaned up to look less cut & paste, make the bottom of tires round and remove the license plate bracket.

Think of how the colors would work on a tee shirt.. are you going to have them screen the silver parts of the bike, or make them white, or leave them the background color of the shirt?  Fewer colors = cheaper of course, but limited to light shirts.

Delete "RESPECT"  The thing either commands respect or it doesn't.. the viewer doesn't need to be led by the nose to think about respect.  Kind of reminds me of girls with "HOTTIE" or "DIVA" across their shirt or ass.

Overall it is a cool design that you could sell many copies of by modifying it for particular bikes.  Once you decide on the number of colors it should be easy to figure out how many sales will recoup the cost of the shirts, ink and screens.  The savage would probably be a good one to invest in, along with a Harley v-twin and maybe a nondescript cafe racer.

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. - P.C. Hodgell
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 10/03/11 at 21:43:19

Im not feelin it.. but then, I might be a bit numb

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #4 - 10/04/11 at 04:26:21

I like the second one. I would clean up the silhouette and ground the wheels on the top of the wings. I would loose the stylized scull and put the bike logo there. and make the rainbow behind the bike lighter or a different colour. (not as bright as the wings). If you do all this you will have more depth to the composition, bringing the wings to the foreground, the bike on top, and the rainbow in the background.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #5 - 10/04/11 at 05:24:38

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 10/03/11 at 21:43:19:
Im not feelin it.. but then, I might be a bit numb

+1

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Reply #6 - 10/04/11 at 05:27:46

I'd wear the first one as a back patch on my jean jacket if you took out the rainbow and got rid of "Respect" and replaced it with something like "F*** YER HARLY"  Cheesy

Replace the rainbow with something else though, some kind of background graphic to keep the original idea for the pic..

I think a touch of sugar skull would help too:

IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #7 - 10/04/11 at 08:25:08

I agree about deleting "Respect".  Also, the center of the logo looks like the face of an owl.

Start over.

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Reply #8 - 10/04/11 at 08:28:58

Jerry Eichenberger wrote on 10/04/11 at 08:25:08:
I agree about deleting "Respect".  Also, the center of the logo looks like the face of an owl.

Start over.

Unless he made it into a badass looking owl  Wink

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 10/04/11 at 10:52:40

starting over it is . . .   well almost

IP Logged
Blvd1960
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SE CA Desert
Reply #10 - 10/04/11 at 13:28:35

To me I like the profile of the Savage kind of laid back chopper because of the bigger front tire. In your picture it looks as if the rear tire is bigger. Otherwise I like the ensemble.
Good luck!

2008 S40 stock
Blvd1960   IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 10/04/11 at 18:18:54

revision 1

it's not a savage, that's why it doesn't look like one, and it's not cleaned up, it's just a placeholder image  until I get a cleaned up silhouette ready to go.  the bike is more or less interchangeable, I can do one with a savage in it if you all like this enough to go want it.  the word "respect" I'm still playing with, may or may not be there in the final design, to me it's important but if I can't get it to work with the design, then I'll take it out no problem. color is also negotiable, I like yellow so I made it this sorched yellow color to go with the trim color on my triumph bonneville logo, that's all. no big deal there.

as far as the owl/skull goes, you knew it was a skull without someone telling you so nuff said.

it is illegal to use company logos without their permission so I haven't done so.

Thank you all for your opinions, they are useful so keep them coming.

IP Logged
weracerc
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Greensboro, NC
Reply #12 - 10/05/11 at 06:33:03

I like the revision - still owl'ish looking - can you make the eyes squinty or evil looking?

"GOD Was Busy, He Sent The Marines"
</div
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #13 - 10/05/11 at 06:38:25

I like that one better than the first two.  I like the un-even spikes(?) on the top side.  Bike is about the right size.  "Ride" font is good.  Maybe try the skull face black instead of white?  And maybe a triangle nose instead of diamond?  I feel like it needs some vibrant color...    

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
PiaFea

Against the Wind !

Houston, Texas - USA
Reply #14 - 10/05/11 at 08:57:46

Too much details on the bike. Bird face to many rounded features.
Rev. is better than the first two ones.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/03/24 at 02:19:27

General CategoryThe Cafe › Opinions needed

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.