babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Re: gas cap
Reply #15 - 10/06/11 at 10:31:01

So does the key go in, but won't turn?  Or can you not get the key in at all?  Does it turn even a little?  Man, this is a stumper.... Undecided

Check The Marketplace, or put a WTB there yourself.  Surely someone has one.  I sold the extra one I had.

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #16 - 10/06/11 at 16:12:52

You know,, when I messed with mine, I got it all put together, then poked the key in & Verified it worked, prior to Locking my tank closed with it..

Now, would I have done that when I was in my 20's? IDK, But Ive built myself enough "Bear Traps" & stepped in them down thru the years that I have learned to see a bit further down the road, Hope you get outta trouble soon.,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Classic650
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

NH
Reply #17 - 10/11/11 at 06:33:36

I had the same problem.  I got a locksmith & it cost me $10 to have it removed. Much better than drilling it out.

IP Logged
Arizuno

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Prescott, AZ
Reply #18 - 10/21/11 at 18:08:05

My locksmith wasn't as useful as Classic650's. This is embarrassing, but I owe it to everyone to follow-up on my own dilemma. At the suggestion of another mechanic, I ordered a new cap (cheapcycleparts.com) and upon it's arrival extracted the old one with a Stanley pry-bar. Violent, but effective, 'though some of the old cap remains in the tank, and always will. Used a small cutting board wrapped in a towel to protect tank. No damage to opening or filler neck, new cap fits fine and, hey, it doesn't leak!

White '07, OEM wind screen, 1" seat lift, re-shaped OEM seat, seat beads, TKat, Dyna muffler (Serowbot), Raptor petcock, seat pins (Verslagen1), Big Crank.
  IP Logged
Arizuno

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Prescott, AZ
Reply #19 - 10/21/11 at 18:15:40

My locksmith wasn't as useful as Classic650's. This is embarrassing, but I owe it to everyone to follow-up on my own dilemma. At the suggestion of another mechanic, I ordered a new cap (cheapcycleparts.com) and upon it's arrival extracted the old one with a Stanley pry-bar. Violent, but effective, 'though some of the old cap remains in the tank, and always will. Used a small cutting board wrapped in a towel to protect tank. No damage to opening or filler neck, new cap fits fine and, hey, it doesn't leak! My sincere thanks to all who offered advice.

White '07, OEM wind screen, 1" seat lift, re-shaped OEM seat, seat beads, TKat, Dyna muffler (Serowbot), Raptor petcock, seat pins (Verslagen1), Big Crank.
  IP Logged
Arizuno

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Prescott, AZ
Reply #20 - 10/21/11 at 18:27:00

My locksmith wasn't as useful as Classic650's. This is embarrassing, but I owe it to everyone to follow-up on my own dilemma. At the suggestion of another mechanic, I ordered a new cap (cheapcycleparts.com) and upon it's arrival extracted the old one with a Stanley pry-bar. Violent, but effective, 'though some of the old cap remains in the tank, and always will. Used a small cutting board wrapped in a towel to protect tank. No damage to opening or filler neck, new cap fits fine and, hey, it doesn't leak! My sincere thanks to all who offered advice.

IP Logged
liltimmy
YaBB Newbies

Have a Thumpin' good
time!

Paradise
Reply #21 - 02/05/12 at 08:39:15

Easy fix for the leaking gas cop. I took the tapered gasket out of a plastic bathroom sink p-trap installed it behind the tank gasket with the flat side to the gasket. Put it all back together and though it is a little tight to get on and off it has not leaked since. 3 years now no leak.

Hey Suzuki, give it up, it's still a SAVAGE !!!!
  IP Logged
MotoBuddha
Serious Thumper

Let's roll!

Charlotte, NC
Reply #22 - 02/05/12 at 10:38:57

This is one reason I hate locking gas caps. When I got my Ryca modified tank back, I had a guy replace the stock filler with one of these old style caps. Twist on and off, no complications.

Travel kills ignorance.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 08:30:37

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › gas cap

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.