Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Polishing/detailing/cleaning tips? (Read 62 times)
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Polishing/detailing/cleaning tips?
10/01/11 at 03:22:08

Hi, I need to polish up my gas tank, polish up my chrome, and I'm wondering what the best washing soap is to get? I also need to "protect" my stock seat with something...

I have 2 identical marks on each side of my gas tank, they remind me of price tags but they are just a few light scratches.. I'm not sure if I have to "buff" them out or not...

I know not to use a wax compound on the gas tank so any spray suggestions would be useful, and I have Suzuki's "official chrome polish" so I'm good in that department, but what's a good soap to get to wash the bike, and a good seat protector product for the stock seat?

It's Saturday.. time to detail this lil bad boy..  Cheesy

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Re: Polishing/detailing/cleaning tips?
Reply #1 - 10/01/11 at 06:47:06

Why can't you wax the tank? Unless it's flat finish.
I use "303 Aerospace protectant" on vinyl and rubber. Expect to slide around on the seat for a bit and never use any thing except soap and water on your tires.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Re: Polishing/detailing/cleaning tips?
Reply #2 - 10/01/11 at 09:35:11

arteacher wrote on 10/01/11 at 06:47:06:
Why can't you wax the tank?

I watched a "pro motorcycle gas tank polishing" video and he (the pro) said to never use compounds.. he had some kind of aerosol can and sprayed it on a rag then wiped, he never said what stuff he was using and I couldn't read what was on the can... anyway, I just picked up some Macguires spray wax, I'll give this stuff a try.

darn.. that reminds me.. I forgot to get motorcycle wash (I ran out last week).... Roll Eyes

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 08:16:10

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Polishing/detailing/cleaning tips?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.