Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Luckiest man on earth... (Read 150 times)
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Luckiest man on earth...
09/28/11 at 17:35:09

... now,... dial a random number on your cell.. and see if Scarlett Johansson answers... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Arizuno

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Prescott, AZ
Re: Luckiest man on earth...
Reply #1 - 09/28/11 at 18:30:28

NS! Serowbot, I don't know where/how you find this stuff, but thanks! As for the fool who managed to whack the car AND the bus...well, he's just gotta be proud of himself. Two birds with one stone, indeed. And I gotta think the guy on the bike - luckiest man indeed - REALLY needed a shower after this'n.

White '07, OEM wind screen, 1" seat lift, re-shaped OEM seat, seat beads, TKat, Dyna muffler (Serowbot), Raptor petcock, seat pins (Verslagen1), Big Crank.
  IP Logged
Fish

Who Shot Who In The
What Now?

(near) Tampa, FL
Reply #2 - 09/28/11 at 21:13:32

And that's why you ALWAYS watch your rearview when stopped/coming to a stop. Also keep the bike in gear and your throttle hand on the ready.

I had a coworker that was stopped at a light on his motorcycle get rear ended by a guy going around 55mph. He had broken legs, pelvis, collarbone, jaw, all of that stuff. He's still in one piece and had no brain damage.

It might happen less than other forms of motorcycle accidents but that one always keeps me on my toes.

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #3 - 09/29/11 at 04:55:43

When I was in hs a guy in my class had a Jawa 250. He had just pulled onto a road and was accelerating up to speed when he and a  friend on the back were rear ended by a bunch of drunk university students going 100+ mph. The guy on the back went through the windshield and the back window of the car and was killed instantly. The driver went over the car and landed on the road. He spent 4 mos in the hospital. He never rode again, as far as I know.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 09/29/11 at 05:33:00

arteacher wrote on 09/29/11 at 04:55:43:
When I was in hs a guy in my class had a Jawa 250. He had just pulled onto a road and was accelerating up to speed when he and a  friend on the back were rear ended by a bunch of drunk university students going 100+ mph. The guy on the back went through the windshield and the back window of the car and was killed instantly. The driver went over the car and landed on the road. He spent 4 mos in the hospital. He never rode again, as far as I know.

& the driver was hung from which lamp post?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
skatnbnc
Serious Thumper

Spinning Pink

New Bern NC
Reply #5 - 09/29/11 at 19:01:22

My lucky escape was in part to reading here and learning about keeping my hand on the throttle.

Last year I was at a stop light behind a big Lincoln car and was looking in my rearview mirror at a lady coming up behind me in a small Toyota and it seemed like she was not slowing down.

So I quickly reved the throttle and pulled out from behind the Lincoln up into the space between it and the car in the next lane.

The lady in the Toyota rammed the Lincoln so hard that her hood crumpled and the Lincoln jerked forward a few feet, and its driver was snapped forward too.

Wanna make a guess who was talking on her CELL PHONE when this happened??  Angry

Neither of them paid any attention to me, and I would have been a pancake smushed between them if I had not had that handy tip about sitting at the ready at stop intersections.

I ended up riding away - they were both being attended to by other cagers, and I was a little shaky from the narrow escape.  Thanks again to you guys for posting about the throttle tip ~ I still use that technique!

2006 LS650, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, badge-free zone, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, the one in FRONT of you, flying the Kings Colours
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #6 - 09/29/11 at 19:35:05

If I was a woman who just escaped death or serious injury by an idiot woman on a cell phone,, the odds of me not punching her just to emphasize the point that talking on a phone puts people at risk is pretty slim,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 02:26:59

General CategoryThe Cafe › Luckiest man on earth...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.