Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Charging Issues (Read 236 times)
greenmonster

Hellooooo Nurse!

Vancouver BC
Re: Charging Issues
Reply #15 - 09/29/11 at 09:28:58

Oh I know why mine was bad. It had arcing and chunks of the copper were falling off. I just thought that since the clymer says you should have >100V that was the figure we actually need. I didn't realize that we had that much wiggle room. Come to think of it, I never checked what I'm getting now. I was just happy that I didn't have to charge it after every ride.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #16 - 09/29/11 at 09:32:44

chuncks of copper falling off would do it for me too.   Shocked

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #17 - 09/29/11 at 10:53:37

I just have to admit,, I really thot this was about someones card being over the limit.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
greenmonster

Hellooooo Nurse!

Vancouver BC
Reply #18 - 09/29/11 at 11:38:16

And you started wondering why there was nothing about sweet upgrades that had maxed out his rating?

IP Logged
prechermike
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Kalashna Kitty, from
Skat

Ponzer, NC
Reply #19 - 09/29/11 at 11:53:43

I appreciate the input, well most of it. Wink  I have a lead on a "new" rectifier, will know later today.  In the meantime, I put the seats back on and rode the thing to town.  It never missed a thump.  Stopped twice and she fired right up both times.

Maybe on a related note, the left turn signal flashes very slowly, almost not at all, the right one works fine.  Any thoughts about that?

2006, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, Ed L's forward controls, Wristwatch, biblethumper650@gmail.com
prechermike   IP Logged
Arnold
Serious Thumper

The dude abides...

Westchester, NY
Reply #20 - 09/29/11 at 11:57:28

Funny you mention the turn signal, I've redone my electrical twice now and for the life of me I cant figure out why my left blinkers only are extra fast. Short somewhere, cant find it, oh well, I dont really use turn signals...

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #21 - 09/29/11 at 13:29:19

The flasher unit works off of heat created as current flows thru the bi-metal strip, low current flow = slow flash rate,, look for a bad bulb or bad connection.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
prechermike
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Kalashna Kitty, from
Skat

Ponzer, NC
Reply #22 - 10/03/11 at 15:24:40

Kind of a bump and kind of a report.

I have been riding the bike regardless of the charging issue.  Everything has been fine so far, I have a rectifier on the way that I can try, to see if it will fix my problem.  But now it seems I really don't have a problem.

Having said that, it will probably not start next time, or maybe it will take me far away and then not start.  It will not be the first time I have had to call someone to come help me.

2006, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, Ed L's forward controls, Wristwatch, biblethumper650@gmail.com
prechermike   IP Logged
prechermike
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Kalashna Kitty, from
Skat

Ponzer, NC
Reply #23 - 10/07/11 at 10:46:14

OK, I got the "new" rectifier and it makes no difference.  I checked the voltage, with the throttle locked, replaced the rectifier, with the throttle still locked and it was the same.

For better or worse, I am still riding the bike.  It "seemed" a little sluggish starting today, could have been my imagination, but it started every time with short rides (3-5 miles) in between.

I think I see a battery tender in my future. Stay by the phone, I might need to call someone to come and get me!  Cheesy

prechermike   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/06/24 at 21:19:14

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Charging Issues

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.